My thoughts

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
The prone status causes you to lose all actions, but Tease at least should be perfectly possible to perform while lying on the ground (if anything, it should maybe be more effective in that state). Standing up as your action should be optional.

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
I like that you can actually kill the demonic Centaur Packleader, although it doesn't seem to reduce the odds of running into another one. What's particularly funny is that, because he has high Health and low Resolve, I usually Tease him to death. So after you beat up his two goons, you just stand there waving your arses at him until he's so horny that he collapses in a puddle of quivering goo...and then you behead him. Not sure that's the message the game is trying to send, but I dig it.

(Incidentally, I don't know whether this is gender profiling or just her very love-positive personality, but my own character and Brint are always given the opportunity to execute the packleader, while Brint is not. I certainly hope other female characters have the option of using lethal force, since I wouldn't approve of an Only Man Can Kill trope.)

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
If it was up to me, the Tease action would be completely useless unless the character puts some effort into building it up. My main character (who is named after me) is a shlubby-looking ordinary dude; most opponents, eg battle-hardened centaurs, should not be driven mad with lust when he bares his chest at them. Now a character like Cait certainly should be somewhat effective, although maybe not against harpies and the like.

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
The game has not made clear to me whether the diagonal crosshairs symbol on the map indicates that I've reached the edge and can Explore no further. If that's not what the meaning is, then I don't know what it does mean.

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
It's hard for me to tell whether this is actually true, but it has frequently seemed to me as though this is a game where losing a battle causes permanent damage, which can put you into a death-spiral where a character eventually becomes completely unviable. It seems as though every time I fight the Tainted Witch and her cultists, my combat damage against her is lower, and I wonder whether her beating me previously has left me physically weakened by her lust-magics.

TheShepard256

I like that you can actually kill the demonic Centaur Packleader, although it doesn't seem to reduce the odds of running into another one.
You'll need to do it multiple times before the reduced encounter chance takes effect.
(Incidentally, I don't know whether this is gender profiling or just her very love-positive personality, but my own character and Brint are always given the opportunity to execute the packleader, while Brint is not. I certainly hope other female characters have the option of using lethal force, since I wouldn't approve of an Only Man Can Kill trope.)
I assume the second 'Brint' is supposed to be 'Cait'. And no, it's not gender profiling; as valkyr42 said above, Atugia is also capable of dealing deathblows. So are Kiyoko (though not against imps because they're resistant to her magic), Brienne (Brint's gender-swapped form) and a feminine Champion.
If it was up to me, the Tease action would be completely useless unless the character puts some effort into building it up.
Basic tease attacks are pretty much the Resolve equivalent to basic weapon attacks, and are thus supposed to be a fallback option for when physical/magical attacks are less useful and stronger Resolve-damaging abilities aren't available. Making the basic tease completely useless without training is thus like doing the same to basic weapon attacks. Also, the fact that tease attacks are viable at all is an Acceptable Break From Reality given that Savarra is a much more sexual place than real life.
My main character (who is named after me) is a shlubby-looking ordinary dude; most opponents, eg battle-hardened centaurs, should not be driven mad with lust when he bares his chest at them.
I'm pretty sure the Champion is supposed to be attractive regardless of their appearance stats.
The game has not made clear to me whether the diagonal crosshairs symbol on the map indicates that I've reached the edge and can Explore no further. If that's not what the meaning is, then I don't know what it does mean.
AFAICT, the crosshairs are really just a shorthand for determining which cardinal direction a tile is considered to be relative to your current tile.
It's hard for me to tell whether this is actually true, but it has frequently seemed to me as though this is a game where losing a battle causes permanent damage, which can put you into a death-spiral where a character eventually becomes completely unviable. It seems as though every time I fight the Tainted Witch and her cultists, my combat damage against her is lower, and I wonder whether her beating me previously has left me physically weakened by her lust-magics.
This shouldn't be happening. Losses in combat don't affect stats other than Corruption (and maybe Libido) in some cases. If you're finding an enemy too hard to beat even with a good set-up, just keep grinding enemies you can beat consistently to level up (or lower the difficulty level); additionally, taking control of your party members can make a huge difference, so set your default party control to Manual if you haven't already.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Basic tease attacks are pretty much the Resolve equivalent to basic weapon attacks, and are thus supposed to be a fallback option for when physical/magical attacks are less useful and stronger Resolve-damaging abilities aren't available. Making the basic tease completely useless without training is thus like doing the same to basic weapon attacks. Also, the fact that tease attacks are viable at all is an Acceptable Break From Reality given that Savarra is a much more sexual place than real life.
Not to mention wasn't that how tease in TiTS was? Where you had to use it multiple times before it really started being viable to use? It wasn't useless but still. You had to train like what, 4 types of tease to 100? Nobody's gonna bother with that shit and it was annoying as hell. Please don't bring that shit here.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
My main character (who is named after me) is a shlubby-looking ordinary dude; most opponents, eg battle-hardened centaurs, should not be driven mad with lust when he bares his chest at them.
The Champ is not you. That much is clear. You're not playing as yourself in these games, so you shouldn't expect a seemingly mundane (to you) Champ to be not attractive to most. Much like how Steele from TiTS can get girls panties to drop with a wink no matter what appearance they have, you should expect the PC of CoC2 to at least be appealing to some way in the game.

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
There's a soft cap on failed explorations. If you explore a tile 5ish times without connecting to another tile, then that's the end, it has no connections, you move on or back.

There's also no permanent damage from losing fights that can't be slept off. Even the 50% restoration of lost health and resolve after combat can be increased to 100% with a Well Fed buff from eating cheese. Garth also sells drinks that buff a related stat to your cap.

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
Not to mention wasn't that how tease in TiTS was? Where you had to use it multiple times before it really started being viable to use? It wasn't useless but still. You had to train like what, 4 types of tease to 100? Nobody's gonna bother with that shit and it was annoying as hell. Please don't bring that shit here.

TiTS changed to remove that training mechanic entirely earlier this year, but yes. TiTS' tease attacks used to have difference skill ranks for every usable body part (chest, butt, hips, crotch), that had to be raised by using that part for tease attacks. Now it's just based on your character's libido.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I certainly hope other female characters have the option of using lethal force, since I wouldn't approve of an Only Man Can Kill trope.)
Speaking of gender profiling, you do know that the Champion can start as/become female, right?

EDIT: Also, Arona can kill the Pack Leader. Another female.

Last edited:

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Through the Looking Glass
Seconding what Paradox01 said. A female champion is just as capable of using lethal force as a male champion (and I should know this because I exclusively play a female champion), so, no, this is not a case of the Only Men Can Kill Because Women Are Such Delicate Flowers trope.

Reactions: Emerald

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Through the Looking Glass
I mean Ryn doesn't kill either if I recall correctly. Also, I'm personally not sure if whether or not Kiyoko does (because I absolutely refuse to do her content and I will never budge on this) but, according to her wiki, she does but with magic.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I have all of the Companions available prior to the latest Public patch and near as I can tell, here's the breakdown:

Can Kill
Champ (Male or Female)
Brint/Brienne (Male/Female)
Arona (Female)
Kiyoko (Female)
Atugia (Female)
Total: 2 Male/Female, 3 Female

Can't Kill
Cait (Female)
Berwyn (Male)
Etheryn (Female)
Quin (Male)
Total: 2 Male, 2 Female

So, it looks like the number of female Companions who are willing/able to kill NPCs like the Pack Leader are the majority.