Multiple masked harpy fights are rediculous.

Drool

Jul 28, 2018
Currently if you fight a group of harpys that has more than one masked harpy the fight becomes between near impossible to actually impossible.

If 2 masked harpys, have to kill one outright in the first round or automatic fail the second round.

If 3 masked harpys, instant loose on first round with absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Masked harpies need to be limited to 0-1 as they are massively overpowered in groups. 2 would be the absolute max as it is the maximum amount of them that is even possible to defeat at once when starting.

Drool

Jul 28, 2018
...once you fail grind your way to level two for white mages area stun, the fight becomes trivial.

Drool

Jul 28, 2018
Thiefs, they all wear masks.

Basically, when starting out because only the players character needs to be defeated, if all three of them use lust attacks on the player character then it's a near-guaranteed loss.

This is on white mage.

Once the white mage gets "entropic winds" the fights become almost trivial.

The swing in difficulty is extremely jarring, from "going to loose most fights" to "win near every fight" from level 1 to 2.

Drool

Jul 28, 2018
Issue 2, Orc amazons can roar to recover from a stun, even while they are stunned. Would think this ability would be to get others in their group out of stun but allowing them to break their whole party out, including themselves, make it akin to an "I win button".

Intentional? Makes whm area stun significantly less useful.

Tainted-Alice

Nov 20, 2015
Issue 2, Orc amazons can roar to recover from a stun, even while they are stunned. Would think this ability would be to get others in their group out of stun but allowing them to break their whole party out, including themselves, make it akin to an "I win button".

I think that's the idea though.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015

Monsters will have strengths and weaknesses.

TheYounger

Jan 9, 2016
...once you fail grind your way to level two for white mages area stun, the fight becomes trivial.
You weren't kidding, one minute I'm getting one-shotted by harpies and now I'm downing them in two turns. Guess that's the quadratic wizard effect.

Iskra

Oct 21, 2017
With a black mage it gets really easy at level 2 and near-impossible to lose at level 3. Can't say about other classes tho.

Doombot

Mar 5, 2016
Never felt more useless than as a charmer, with other classes you at least have a skills that have an impact. I seriously thought Charm would be stronger than allure because it is single target but no it only deal +3 more damage , Warsong is almost always resisted(usually works only on a single opponent in battle).

Azrael9986

Jun 13, 2018
honestly the combat balance is either rocks at tanks the size of buildings or nukes at ants. not a lot of middle ground. mind you this is time as a fighter. who seems to not do well vs much. he barely is able to get through the opening scene without dying. harpies own him almost instantly even though i took willpower as one of my level ups. most fights where you are outnumbered end poorly. I think part of it the fact your partner the cat girl doesn't do much beyond get hit and sometimes heal herself. I say her self because she seems to never heal me even when she has more health.

my time as a black mage was much better. mind you that is because you can summon something that gets a lot of aggro. honestly it seems like if you have red aggro on your main guy its pretty much over in the first few levels of play. the dog boy and wyvern are the only times that isn't true and that is in a two on one fight. kinda hoping they add the area that is supposed to be before this one. as currently some classes are just frustrating to level now with all the new combats in the only area.

fighter was not fun at all and didn't feel tanky at all. he felt just as flimsy as my black mage. he has a move that raises his evasion and armor but i don't feel like it really does any good. it just red bars your aggro for little to no reason. i never use it now. rend seems pointless as well. the only two moves i use are the cleave multi hit and the power hit. along with normal swings. now the black mage everything in his kit is useful. summon for aggro and damage. lightning for multi hit. power hit for stun. base magic shot for between uses of the other three.