More silicone where?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Yeah, that's the one I got rid of. >.<
Go to the fields to the far west of New Texas, where the varmints are. Four silicone, and only four, will randomly appear as you move around that area, if you haven't gotten them as well. Those, and the quest silicone are the only ones currently available.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I thought TiTS backed up your save but I think either minerva or one of the two save editors has been making all these .bak files for me.

@Gedan: Hey yo fam let me get that auto backup on write.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
You get plenty of opportunity that shit is about to get overwritten, and the system should be failing itself gracefully- if the save fails it should be resetting itself to a state that doesn't remove the target slot AND leaves your game in a playable state.

Like man what else do you want me to do, make the game automatically jerk it for you too?

(Also we can't easily know what files are there already, we can't get get a list of all the SOL files that are already in the folder- we have to blindly guess at file names to find things, and the process is slow as shit.)

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
(About the only thing we could do is keep _another_ file that works like an index and gets updated every time a new file name gets written, but lmao I give that about 3 seconds before it blows up hilariously or people complain the game can't find shit they've just smashed into the folder with any old name they pleased).

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
(Or we could just abandon all pretense of having the game run in a browser entirely and just move to using AIR, where we could enumerate directories and shit.)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Like man what else do you want me to do, make the game automatically jerk it for you too?
Yeah actually could you add teledildonic support too? I'm kidding, Kiiro doesn't even have an API to use, the damn capitalists.

(Or we could just abandon all pretense of having the game run in a browser entirely and just move to using AIR, where we could enumerate directories and shit.)
You could try making CoC 2 in HTML5, lol.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Heh that went way out of sillicon need quite fast -_- And all we needed was TiTSed to add one more silicon bag.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I mean, I guess sticking with AS would be best so you can just port over code for the next Fengame.

@Ormael: Sorry, I'll go

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Go where? I feel like you been in hell more than once already lol.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I mean, I guess sticking with AS would be best so you can just port over code for the next Fengame.

@Ormael: Sorry, I'll go

It's more a case of nobody ACTUALLY writes straight javascript for a project even a 10th the size of this; EVERYBODY will use some flavor of the month framework that ultimately converts Some Variant Language A into JS on some level, so it might as fucking well be Actionscript considering the rest of the team that touches code already knows it.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
IF noob ever leave there would be someone new to fill his ecological niche.
No one could fill Noob's ecological niche, it's totally Noob-shaped. A shitpost from anyone else feels kind of hollow, even when I read my own >.<

Yeah Gedan, I hear ya. I've done my share of language hopping, there's no reason to change what's obviously working well for the team as a whole.