Monogamy And Polyamory

Which Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
I don't mind open relationships but when one of my slut puppies wants to bang another of my slut puppies on MY BED. That's when I draw the line.

Erra and Anno? That's not where you draw the line, it's where you either get a voyeuristic thrill or establish dominance!

Ghost58

Feb 15, 2016
Erra and Anno? That's not where you draw the line, it's where you either get a voyeuristic thrill or establish dominance!

Oh believe me Dominance was established. If they choose to have sex on my bed I'll be holding the leash. Anno was still banished to sleeping alone for a while to drive home the point that its Masters bed, not puppys bed.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Oh believe me Dominance was established. If they choose to have sex on my bed I'll be holding the leash. Anno was still banished to sleeping alone for a while to drive home the point that its Masters bed, not puppys bed.

Good to alpha! :hats off:

Vory

Jun 3, 2018
While yeah I think it makes sense for the open relationship thing and it doesn't really bug me at the end of the day the whole game is really just a fulfillment of players fantasies so unless the character has scenes dependent on them wanting an open relationship like paige and anno. A method to make all the "main" NPC to be loyal fuck puppets to fulfill that harem fantasy for people makes sense to me. Though I think the somewhat grey stance on it in game makes more sense and fits the PC better. This coming from someone who prefers closed relationships. For example with Anno I see her as the equivalent of PC Steele someone who has open relationships but focuses more on a few romantic interests (PC and kaede)

Reactions: Farmerrorry

Ghost58

Feb 15, 2016
While yeah I think it makes sense for the open relationship thing and it doesn't really bug me at the end of the day the whole game is really just a fulfillment of players fantasies so unless the character has scenes dependent on them wanting an open relationship like paige and anno. A method to make all the "main" NPC to be loyal fuck puppets to fulfill that harem fantasy for people makes sense to me. Though I think the somewhat grey stance on it in game makes more sense and fits the PC better. This coming from someone who prefers closed relationships. For example with Anno I see her as the equivalent of PC Steele someone who has open relationships but focuses more on a few romantic interests (PC and kaede)

My Steele kinda has both when it comes to relationships. Some like Kiro, Anno etc he is willing to share and have fun with. Others like Fisianna are different, they're "special" and I don't think Steele would want to share that.

IATIHIA2

Jun 14, 2018
USA, New England
in all honesty zhenya is literally sweeter than saendra

to stay on the thread i don't want either, i want to rule a mighty harem. i don't care how small the ship is, cram every mildly submissive character there
yeah, I've always found it amusing that you're ship description says there's 3 cramped bunks and the cap. quarters(bridge), but here I am currently with 10 crew members, a robot centaur dog girl, a large egg trainer and dick customizer, and not just one, but TWO mobile businesses along with room to store their all their wares

Ghost58

Feb 15, 2016
yeah, I've always found it amusing that you're ship description says there's 3 cramped bunks and the cap. quarters(bridge), but here I am currently with 10 crew members, a robot centaur dog girl, a large egg trainer and dick customizer, and not just one, but TWO mobile businesses along with room to store their all their wares

Clearly the 3 cramped bunks were only a recommendation of how many people should be there. A determined captain can fit way more in there. I mean, where else am I going to keep this Robo dog Centaur, Slutty Robo dog centaur, actual robo dog and the finest selection of babes in the galaxy.

Reactions: IATIHIA2

Farmerrorry

Jul 14, 2018
Clearly the 3 cramped bunks were only a recommendation of how many people should be there. A determined captain can fit way more in there. I mean, where else am I going to keep this Robo dog Centaur, Slutty Robo dog centaur, actual robo dog and the finest selection of babes in the galaxy.
What is this a spaceship or a clown car?

Reactions: ShySquare

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Honestly the sooner we get capital ships, the sooner the problem of how the fuck all the crew members are fitting on our ship is solved.

Also the sooner my Steele becomes a threat to entire planets by conventional means instead of her usual means of causing introducing so many half-breed bastards to the native populations that the bean counters at their local census file a hilariously ineffective lawsuit against Steele Tech.

IATIHIA2

Jun 14, 2018
USA, New England
Honestly the sooner we get capital ships, the sooner the problem of how the fuck all the crew members are fitting on our ship is solved.

Also the sooner my Steele becomes a threat to entire planets by conventional means instead of her usual means of causing introducing so many half-breed bastards to the native populations that the bean counters at their local census file a hilariously ineffective lawsuit against Steele Tech.
yeah, I'm pretty sure a cap ship would be only thing i could finally my several dozen million credits on...... honestly, you'd think beings a multimillionaire would have more benefits besides just fame, right?

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
I mean, where else am I going to keep this Robo dog Centaur, Slutty Robo dog centaur, actual robo dog and the finest selection of babes in the galaxy.
Uh...in your inventory, duh. Everyone knows things disappear when you put them in your inventory. For the things, that is...as I'm writing this, I see you mentioned babes as well. Not them, since they're not things. But on another note, the closet is unrealistic. I'm pretty sure I have 10 different pairs of clothes in my laundry hamper in real life and that is supposed to take up the same amount of space as 10 seigewulfes?

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017

Ferwul73

Oct 7, 2017
You know, all this talk about monogamy really makes me think there's one trope we're missing from the waifu harem: the love that cannot be. Whether it be a matter of distance, duty, or sheer circumstance we're totally missing on that one love interest that has no intention of being in your harem or is unable to cope with your rusher lifestyle. But in another life, under different circumstances, that could've been the one. Instead you part ways, leaving only memories.

Oh god, them feels.

inb4 not sexy.
What is this 5cm/s bullshit

I do not want to go through that again in this game

That is not why I play tits

On a more serious note, yeah I'm not gonna *lie* to people that I'm only in love with them. Fisianna and Embry are the kind of NPCs whose arc you go through and then leave them behind forever.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Very dead thread, but I am going to comment into the void not expecting a single answer. I really don't appreciate not having a choice of being monogamous or polyamorous, especially if my character has only had sex with one character throughout the entire playthrough (I know, tons characters y'all dont wanna miss out on but named save files exist). My character shouldn't even be lying when he says he loves whichever character he's having sex with and that he wants to be exclusive with them.

faerie

Dec 23, 2022
I figured I may as well post at least something so I'm not constantly shadowing the forum, figured I'd start with something I've discussed with others and give my two cents.

Personal Opinion Time

I'm perfectly okay with the vast majority of NPCs catering to those wanting to branch off into sexual relations with as many species as possible 'Commander Shepard' style, though I find myself a little annoyed at moments wherein the other will state that my character is the best thing since the last Steele... but then walking into a scenario where they're trying to get laid with another guy/gal. I've always preferred closed relationships, if only because the writing I tend to enjoy comes from scenarios wherein a romance is brewed between both your character and the writer's and there's something special there.

That being said, I understand that this particular kind of game is made with the goal to fuck and be fucked by many a different variation of dickins - but I personally wouldn't mind having the option to request a monogamous relationship with at least a few characters and have it feel like it actually matters, especially as the game evolves to make player-choice an evermore prominent factor at play. One of my favorite characters so far has to be Paige, the yoga instructor. The only part that frustrated me was that at the end, I was told that I felt like I needed to tell her that I fucked my crew... yet, I don't. I never have. I'm then told that I want an open relationship... yet, I don't. I never have.

It's something that's popped up a couple times and I know I'm probably in the minority of those wanting something a little more personal (best example of the monogamous side is on Tavros, Fisianna, I really loved that whole line I have to admit) but I want to hear what you have to say!

I want to know if people prefer having the choice of either
or being forced into an open relationship by default to keep things simple. If you've got any feedback on the comments I've made, let me know. I don't always make my point in the best way possible so I'll try to clarify or apologize for mistakes I've made.

EDIT 1:
Forgot To Say -

I'm mainly referring to points wherein they'll talk about how much they love you, how great you are, how amazing you are, how you're the best thing to ever happen to them and then they seem perfectly A-OK with you each banging other people. I can 100% understand that, I don't think it's a bad thing. In this kind of game, it's sort of expected. It's abbreviation spells out the chest-pillows we all know and love alongside just being a very overly-sexualized setting in general. Everyone's pretty damn horny so you can't blame them for wanting more than just one dongus or vagoo to play about with.

If the choice for a monogamous relationship were to pop up, I don't expect anything to withhold me from having other sexual encounters or bar me from content thanks to my upstanding commitment, it'd solely be for more or less 'roleplay' purposes and/or immersion. If I really wanted, I can complete pretty much all the content on offer without ever once having sexual relations. With that same logic, if I really wanted, I could do it all whilst only having sexual relations with one.

That's the core of my post, really. Just that usually, when a character is built up so well like so many of them are in this game, I like to be able to say, "Yeah. You're mine." because I don't know about you, but my Steele ain't exactly the sharing type. I don't expect it to happen, I don't expect anything to change and I ain't saying that any of it should change. Just sharing my personal thoughts.

Sorry for lengthening this even further, again, thanks for any input you guys offer!
to be honest, purity runs (virginal or monogamous completions) are super hard for me to play out...
it can sometimes seem like just Steele's willingness to be sexually active, whether the option to act on it is exercised or not, can up the chances to stop bad ends more often than not. I might just be bimbo-locked but not being dtf seems to bring on bad ends almost as fast as addictions or being just plain evil on purpose. I'd appreciate any tips on successful games of that playstyle.
maybe the moral priority of exclusivity was designed to be more of an afterthought because prolific breeding became the new norm, i dunno but they sure like the "fruitful, but multiplied" or whatever part...

idea(l)s like this could probably be written in as an interesting bit of "kink" content.
I'd like to try and see if ethical non-monogamy and other dynamics could become a dialogue option for the characters that would ask for it. perhaps reacting similarly to those interactions with only dom/sub dynamics.
I agree that it would definitely add emotional depth/payoff, for those looking for it. as well as revive some dead npc arcs... someone else here talked about missed connections and lost loves earlier, which could possibly tie up a few loose ends...
also maybe adding additional action menu options to the relationships that might or might not include multiple partners meeting up in different places together across the galaxy, like the kaede/cass/dorna sisters/erra + Steele polycule...
oh, and i guess it could also open the door for some other salacious kink content like:
-roll over Carver, introducing the supadupa hyphy wifey content and the wave of bad b!tches runnin' thangs. oh snap!
-the hilarious dramas of cheating partners, swingers, unicorn hunting parties, wedding crashers, and/or consensual cuckolding, the list goes on...
-voyeurism scenes, there's plenty of opportunities for Steele to stay and watch/film, if they can't participate. a sidequest...
-more dynamic submission content, since requiring exclusivity can be considered akin to ownership in eyes/experiences of many...
=>maybe do full-on monogamy (or completely virgin) runs with Steele in some kind of chastity belt/cage, like Inessa. or a controller like Emmy.
All this and more, but only unlockable by being in those exclusive relationships, meaning you'd have to be that way the whole game to experience the whole thing....
sounds like a new type of ironman challenge run....

fun stuff...

Last edited: