Modding CoC

HeWhoIsMany

Apr 13, 2016
I had a really cool idea for a small mod for CoC, one that just adds a few transformation items to the game. I could probably do it myself, I was just hoping for a tip on what program would be best for doing so.

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
Download FlashDevelop, the games source code and the Adobe Flex SDK. Install and open FlashDevelop.

Open existing project and click the standalone.as3proj file in the source code

In Project > Properties, go to SDK's and click manage. Click the 3 dots to the right of Installed SDK's, and select the Flex SDK folder you downloaded.

Back in Project > Properties under Output, the Platform should be Flash Player. Not sure if the version number matters. If it doesn't compile, try raising the version a little. You can also change the name of your build here next to Output file.

Now test if it works via Project > Test Project. Don't try changing anything until you know you've got it working.

When you've finished editing what you want and Test Project still runs, Project > Build Project will make the completed .swf file.

HeWhoIsMany

Apr 13, 2016
Thanks! I did all that, it was working perfectly...and then I remembered how insane coding is. I probably should have learned a coding language or two before trying this. If anyone is at all interested in the idea of Mario-style transformatives, I think they'd be pretty easy to do. At the very least, a Super Mushroom would just make you gain height like crazy, maybe raise strength or toughness.

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
can you elaborate on "mario style transformatives"?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well that would be easy with just cutting piece of code about mental-effects. Justify it ingame without breaking canon lore....much more work xD

3H3N

Apr 22, 2016
Download FlashDevelop, the games source code and the Adobe Flex SDK. Install and open FlashDevelop.

Open existing project and click the standalone.as3proj file in the source code

In Project > Properties, go to SDK's and click manage. Click the 3 dots to the right of Installed SDK's, and select the Flex SDK folder you downloaded.

Back in Project > Properties under Output, the Platform should be Flash Player. Not sure if the version number matters. If it doesn't compile, try raising the version a little. You can also change the name of your build here next to Output file.

Now test if it works via Project > Test Project. Don't try changing anything until you know you've got it working.

When you've finished editing what you want and Test Project still runs, Project > Build Project will make the completed .swf file.

I'm interested in learning to program/make mods and my own game. Is flashdevelop what was used to make CoC? Any sites or links for total a beginner?

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
I'm interested in learning to program/make mods and my own game. Is flashdevelop what was used to make CoC? Any sites or links for total a beginner?

I'm not sure about what CoC was made with. I remember FlashDevelop being recommended a while back.

I don't know about tutorials either, but practice makes perfect.

Find bugs people have had in the past with CoC and then look through the code to see why it's happening. Googling; problem site:github.com/herp-a-derp is helpful.

Make little .bat files for yourself as well for practice. A small thing you can write in notepad to get your computer to do little things (with googles help), like starting certain programs at certain times.

Once you've got an idea of the basics, the rest becomes a lot easier to figure out.