Misgendering your kitsune children

V_L

Aug 21, 2020
Build 0.3.24, Steam version

Within the Astral plane, when you knock on the door to Kiyoko's house the following scene contains:
The fox kit smiles, bows wordlessly, and scurries off. Like mother, like son, one supposes.

Except that both of my kitsune offspring are girls. Additionally, that segment is present in the scene even if only Kinu has been born. Occurs every time.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
This is technically not a bug but a deliberate oversight where I really did not want the game to save the genders or names of the children you had, because it would rapidly bloat up the savefile knowing the proclivities of our players.

It's an error in a small edge case in exchange for easier structural simplicity. I'm sorry.

Reactions: Malidica

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
There's someone with over one thousand kits, so it's probably for the best.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
New There's someone with over one thousand kits, so it's probably for the best.
Keros is once again considering whether or no he should invent the tv. Or some better prophylatics.

Fullgames

Nov 10, 2016
Couldn't you just change "son" for "child"? Wouldn't that solve the problem here?

TheShepard256

This is technically not a bug but a deliberate oversight where I really did not want the game to save the genders or names of the children you had, because it would rapidly bloat up the savefile knowing the proclivities of our players.

It's an error in a small edge case in exchange for easier structural simplicity. I'm sorry.
Couldn't you just have two flags to track the total number of generic children of each gender, then gate 'son'/'daughter' behind having at least one generic child of the relevant gender? It might be anywhere from awkward to painful to implement (especially retroactively), but it'd solve the problem without causing save file bloat.

Or make the kid the same gender each time, and guarantee that the second kid (or whichever one is required to unlock that scene variant) has that gender. Speaking of which:
Additionally, that segment is present in the scene even if only Kinu has been born.
I'm pretty sure this ^ is still a bug regardless, because that segment should definitely be gated behind having kids other than Kinu (since she's not the kid in question).

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Wouldn't an easy soultion be, to make the second child male and block the scene from appearing before the second child is there?
Then again, I barely remember the storyflow. ^^'