Mira's Practice Art Log

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I didn't intend for it, but today's practice art ended up being a whole lot of infrastructure art! I started setting up a Discord server and decided I should give it some proper server art. Not long after that, I realized I should probably give myself some proper art too! My current (well, now my old) profile art is over a year old and, and comes from pretty much the start of my "hey let's learn to actually draw" journey.

Now I could have just done a static drawing and called it good enough. But I can't be making a game all about jiggly animated models without giving myself the same treatment! So I've spent the whole evening (and then some) drawing, shading, rigging, and animating some art for myself!

Here's a look at the 256x256 gif version, plus my old animated profile art for comparison.
MiraPortrait_Small_GIF.gifIdle.gif

So, I've clearly made some alterations to my own meta-character! I decided to tone down the purple hair (I think I went a little too far on that, actually; I may bump up the saturation). I've also made the animation much more violent, which seems a little aggressive at full size but makes it much easier to "read" at profile picture scale. My old version moved so slowly it almost looked static, but moved just enough to be creepy.

Setting up a Discord server is what kicked this whole process off, but now I've spent all my time doing the art for it and don't have any time to actually set up chat channels, link it to Patreon, etc. I'll get that done tomorrow and be back to drop the invite link!

(Oh, and the greatest irony? Discord doesn't support animated profiles unless you buy Nitro. Mira's bouncing boobs are fun, but I don't think they're $100/year fun!)

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
Exciting news everyone: A Very Full House now has an official Discord server! Come and say hi (and ask questions, post bugs, and all other useful stuff)!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I spent my practice time drawing, colouring, and shading some proper character art for the NPC "Busty"!

Busty_preview_2.png

I still need to draw her daily outfit layer, which I'm planning to do tomorrow. My goal is to have the static art in v0.8, but I probably won't have time to rig and animate it. I hope I'm wrong though, because I'm expecting her jiggly physics to be spectacularly fun. In the meantime I'm also going to be writing some more content for v0.8! I'm hoping to have that ready to go soon; probably the 22nd or 24th.

• Love
Reactions: kisil

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I finally got around to shading and detailing some lineart I had posted weeks ago! Here's a look at our lovely MCILF, fresh from a workout!

MCILF_Workout_1.png

This is going to be part of a two-panel comic in the same vein as Firebrand's "Vibe Check". I've got part 2 drawn up as well, but it needs to be shaded, detailed, AND animated, which is a little more work than I can put in for a few days. In other news, we are rapidly approaching the release of v0.8. I hope to have it out on the 22nd or the 24th!

• Love

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
No art for today; I'm busy with writing and bug hunting for v0.8. The update will be out in two days!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
v0.8 of A Very Full House is live! Check out the full update over on Patreon and give it a try!

I've spent all my energy getting this mostly-sorta-kinda stable, so I'm going to go crash and deal with any bugs or other issues in a few hours. See you then!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I've been busy polishing up v0.8 to get everything nice and stable (resulting in two bugfixes in the last two days), but that's all finally handled. All that work inspired me to draw this quick little comic.

MiraBugFixing_Combined.png

One thing this piece highlighted for me is how I'd like to have a more symbolic, "cartoony" style for quick drawings. I may do some B&W practice sketches to practice that in the near future. The next update for A Very Full House is going to be focused on cleaning up code and writing events to fill in content gaps, so hopefully I'll have time for a little more art practice stuff!

• Love

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I'm working on reorganising the code for A Very Full House, but I found some time to get my drawing practice in. Here's a quick sketch of the NPC "Busty" trying to dodge having a photo taken of her!

BustyPic.png

I'm going to try and focus my art practice in the near future to quicker sketches (so expect lots of rough linework). I'm also going to be trying to build out my character proportions free-hand rather than relying on a mannequin, which will hopefully speed up how fast I can draw in the future (as well as making me better at more dynamic poses).

As a side note: I keep forgetting how fucking massive I made Busty's breasts. Her pose looked reasoanble when I sketched out her frame, but she's obviously super front heavy. I need to give her a massive back bend to keep her center-of-mass over her feet.

• Love

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
The last two days I've been hard at work on rigging and animating Busty's model, and I'm all finished up now!

(Hopefully that Imgur link is playing nicely. Let me know if it's not)

I've started with some basic animations (idle pose, bounce left/right), but I've also added in some looping boob-bounce animations that I can see easy applications for in new events. Maybe I'll get around to writing some of those for v0.9; I think I'll leave that up to my patrons to decide.

In related news, my patrons have voted to add a new event involving Slacker walking in on the MCILF while she's masturbating. I'll be spending my next chunk of time writing that! If you want to vote in future polls like that one consider becoming a patron and supporting development!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I'm busy writing new events for A Very Full House, so I've just got a quick practice sketch for today. I really like the pose, so I might revisit this in the future and do it up as a fully shaded drawing.

FirebrandTease_Sketch.png

Speaking of new events: I've got a poll running over on Patreon for what event to write next in A Very full House! If you're a patron swing on by and let me know what you want to see.

• Love

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I've been busy with writing new content for A Very Full House, so no practice art to post today. I think I'm going to refine my Firebrand sketch from last post, add some colour, and add it to AVFH as a new phone background in v0.9. Expect to see a preview of that in a couple of days!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I took the time to clean up the lineart and do the colouring/shading for my Firebrand sketch from a few days ago!

FirebrandPeekPreview.png

I'm particularly happy with this because this pose was one I tried way back when I started learning how to draw, and that I absolutely could not figure out how to do. I'm glad to know I'm glad to know I've gotten better at perspective (as well as anatomy and construction; this was done without any pose reference). Of course there's always more to improve. Hands continue to be unreasonably difficult, and facial expressions are something that I want to spend more time on as well.

Oh, and I also took the time to give it a quick rig/animation in Live2D, so I'll be adding a lightly animated version as a phone background in v0.9!

• Love

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
No art again today as I'm spending all of my time writing and debugging for A Very Full House v0.9. The release of the new version will be at this time in two days (AKA my normal practice post time).

See ya then!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
It's been a busy couple of days, but I've finished writing all of the new events and v0.9.0 is live! You can find the download links over on Patreon!

Here's the changelog if you're curious what's been added!
  • Fixed improper frame layering in Slacker blowjob scene.
  • Prevented crash when trying to hide an NPC who has already been hidden in a scene.
  • Added support for "before_clickable" and "after_clickable" when adding clickable objects; places new clickable before/after the layer a clickable is in.
  • Eliminated unused "narrator" character definition and files.
  • Split up character files into multiple files specific to the interaction type.
  • Split the "general_classes" file into multiple files based on inheritance and organised those into folders based on general purpose (display, game logic, etc.)
  • Rigged Busty's model for motion.
  • Created physics rig for Busty's model.
  • Added basic animations for Busty (idle, bounce left, bounce right).
  • Added two loop-able animations for Busty (sway boobs, bounce boobs)
  • Reorganised the files for events and locations. Should be much easier to browse through and figure out where events are being stored.
  • Added new masturbation walk-in event for Slacker.
  • Added new masturbation peek event for Nerd.
  • Added new animated Firebrand phone background.
  • Added new group dinner event for Nerd.
  • Update dinner event to display everyone.
  • Added Slacker tease event during dinner.
  • Firebrand's friday night party event now gives her a corruption point if you judge her outfit while in a revealing outfit yourself.
  • Added variant of a Firebrand peek event; requires her to have CL2 and grants her new animated phone background.
  • Added deepthroat blowjob animation.
  • Added condomless blowjob branch to Slacker masturbation help.
  • Added deepthroat branch to Slacker masturbation help.
  • Added condomless blowjob branch for Nerd masturbation help.
  • Added deepthroat branch to Nerd masturbation help.
  • Added condomless blowjob branch to Jock masturbation help.
  • Added deepthroat branch to Jock masturbation help.
  • Added two corruption points to existing Bully events (and automatically gave any points that would otherwise be impossible to get when loading saves)
  • Added short tease event between Bully and Busty. Requires CL2+ for both NPCs.
  • Added detention scene with Bully.
  • Updated existing classroom tease event to trigger when Bully is given detention.
  • Fixed Cheerleader asking you to fix her skirt/shirt every time you cleaned her room, even when you had already modified her outfit.
  • Fixed starting shower event adding the "wrong" corruption tag (resulting in it triggering multiple times and stacking with other "corruption_start" events)
  • Fixed the improper text ordering when incrementing money (ie. was reading $+50 instead of +$50)
  • Updated some of the blowjob animations to be smoother.

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I took a day off to do bug fixing and catch up on sleep, but I'm back on my practice schedule! Here's a short comic, summing up the release of v0.9 (and v0.8, and v0.7...)

MiraBugFixing2_Combined.png

With all of the major bug fixing finished I'm starting in on content for v0.10! I'm almost certainly running a poll over on Patreon about what people want to see added in that update, so consider becoming a patron so you get to vote! democracy is cool!

• Haha
Reactions: kisil and n666

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
My patrons have voted to have v0.10 focus on adding a whole bunch of new outfits/outfit variants added to A Very Full House, and the first step to that was drawing up some sketches for them to pick from.

NewOutfitSketches.png

There's a poll going on over on Patreon to decide which of these I will be working on adding first. Can you tell I like running polls? My art practice posts for the next couple of weeks will probably all be work in progress shots for new outfits!

• Love

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I dove right into the new outfit work, starting with the highest voted option on my patron poll: a cutdown variant of the MCILF's workout outfit! 2nd place was close between a new underwear set for the MCILF or a cutdown version of Cheerleader's underwear. I decided to go with Cheerleader's underwear because it was A) fast to add, B) gave some NPCs some more outfit attention, and C) is important for her storyline.

Cutdown_Previews.png

I have both of these outfits rigged up in Live2D and exported into Ren'py. All that's left to do is a little bit of programing and to add some events to actually make them available to player!

Tomorrow I'll be posting another poll to my patrons to see what they want me to add next. Make sure to check in on Patreon to see what's going on!

• Love

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
Continuing with the "new outfit" theme of v0.10 I'm back with a preview of the winner of the latest patron poll: a minified version of the Cheerleader's default outfit!

Cheerleader_Minified_Preview.png
*Note: I forgot to toggle the "thigh pinch" setting when I exported these images; Imagine her with her thighs pinched in at the top of her socks.

I've already taken this new outfit and rigged it up in Live2D, and now I just need to take the time to write some code and some story to introduce them. I think I'm going to devote the next couple of days to doing that, which means my next practice post will probably be some new outfit candidates for a future poll. See ya then!

• Love

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I've missed an update, but I promise I got some good drawing practice in anyways! For today, I have another quick outfit sketch for my patrons to vote on! Today I've added a swimsuit option for Firebrand, and a garter+stocking option for the MCILF. There's a poll going on over on Patreon right now to help me pick a winner!

NewOutfitSketches_3.png

I'm hoping to have v0.10 out before the end of the month, so I don't have much time left to squeeze in many more outfits! While the poll results are rolling in I'm going to be busy writing some new introduction events for these new outfits. In fact, I'm going to go work on that right now!

• Love

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
My recent poll on Patreon was a landslide, with a clear majority (65%+) voting to add a new garter belt + stocking set for the MCILF. Here's a preview of that new bit of clothing!

MCILF_Lingerie_Preview.png

I'm hoping to get v0.10 out soon ("two days from now" kind of soon), but I've got a lot of writing to get finished up if I want to do that. My productivity over the next few days will probably determine if I update before the end of the month, or push the release back to the 4th or so. Wish me luck!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I'm not quite ready to release v0.10 of A Very Full House today (I want to write a couple extra events and give the whole thing a bug sweep), but I do have some fun art for today! First up I've got a compilation of some of my really old sketches made over a year ago when I started doing my daily art practice and posting the results!

Retrospective.png
I'm running a poll over on Patreon to decide which of these sketches I should redraw. Hopefully the result will show off a year's worth of progress!

Of course I can't get away with just posting old art, so I also have an update about what art I've been working on recently. Last post I showed off the full body shot of the MCILF's new garter belt + stocking clothing item. Today I can show off a preview of that same garter belt in her butt shot frame!
Mom_Butt_Frame_Lingerie.png

That's all for today!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
For today's practice post I have a redraw of one of my earliest bits of practice art!

Elf5_Redraw.png

In keeping with the theme of redrawing old art I tried not to spend too much extra time on this compared to the original time budget I gave myself a year ago. I'm not super happy about the pose - I intended to have her arms showing under the table, but couldn't get it posed in a way that looked decent and just cropped that whole section out - but it's still an obvious improvement over last year. Notably, I was fast enough while drawing that I had time to do this up as a fully coloured drawing!

In non-art news, I've got v0.10 of A Very Full House coming out on March 3rd, just a couple of days from now! Look forward to seeing that as my next practice post!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I only have a short update post for today, but it's a good one: v0.10 of A Very Full House is out!

This update adds a collection of new outfit variants to the game, a few new events to introduce/make use of those outfits, and fixes a bunch of bugs that had been lingering around (including an embarrassing misspelling of "Principal" as "Principle" throughout the entire game).

You can find the most up-to-date links over on Patreon!

Here's a changelog if you're curious what's changed
  • - Fixed Cheerleader homework walk-in condition being improperly set, preventing an event from triggering.
  • - Fixed bug in logic kept track of how many times you had played Caves of Grothnar
  • - Fixed bug in Cheerleader summon logic.
  • - Fixed losing the game not actually losing the game
  • - Fixed Jock Masturbation help not beoing limited to once/day
  • - Fixed not being able to clean up Nerd's room yourself if he was in a different room.
  • - Characters now have a separate "outfit" and "underwear" clothing set to better support mix-and-matching underwear.
  • - Fixed Cheerleader's skirt not properly being altered if you have her try it on.
  • - Jock's condomless blowjob event only costs a condom the very first time you do it; after that you stop letting him throw them away.
  • - Fixed Firebrand and Cheerleader not reacting to you wearing a revealing outfit.
  • - Person class now supports having separate outfit and underwear sets.
  • - Person.has_outfit_tag function added, checking for tags in both the current outfit and underwear set.
  • - Old outfit tag checks have been updated to match the new outfit style.
  • - Added plain underwear and cutdown underwear as separate outfit sets.
  • - Updated old outfit definitions to properly support having underwear sets where appropriate.
  • - Added "ignore_underwear" to Outfit definition. If True the underwear outfit will not be checked for tags when worn (eg. for a swimsuit).
  • - Cutting down outfits no longer removes the old version from your wardrobe (in case you want/need certain outfit tags to trigger low corruption events).
  • - Ensured old saves will be compatible with the new outfit standard.
  • - Added art for a cutdown MCILF workout.
  • - Added sewing event to cutdown MCILF workout wear.
  • - Added ability to model workout wear at your closet (and moved modeling your swimsuits to the closet rather than your dresser).
  • - Added backyard event with Cheerleader.
  • - Added option to have Cheerleader play with Jock in the backyard.
  • - Added art for Cheerleader cutdown underwear.
  • - Added art for Cheerleader minified outfit.
  • - Added laundry events for damaging Cheerleader's underwear.
  • - Added backyard events for damaging Cheerleader's cutdown outfit.
  • - Fixed a consistent mispelling of Principal as "Principle". Oops!
  • - Yoga grope event now requires you to be dressed in a revealing workout outfit.
  • - Added art for garter belt and stockings.
  • - Added ability to purchase garter belt and stockings from the mall (For a steep price. Requires CL3+)
  • - Added new gym events if you're wearing a revealing workout outfit.
  • - Updated Patron cheat menu to include Cheerleader, Firebrand, and other minor characters.

Enjoy! I'll be back in a couple of days with some fun art news!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
I've got big practice-art news for today! I'm going to be spending the next couple of weeks (at least) working with Clip Studio as my main drawing program. I'm hoping it will give me an improved suite of tools over GIMP, particularly for texturing and shading. I expect it's going to take me a fair amount of time to get comfortable enough with Clip to make a decision about it, which is why I'll be drawing with it as much as possible in the near future!

Today's practice piece was a series of quick Yark the Goblin sketch while I got my head around some standard drawing brushes, the layering system, fill tool, tool switching, and the UI in general.

Yark_Clip_Practice.png

I've also noticed that there is a timelapse option, which seems like a fun thing to use for some practice drawings. I'll look into that for my next post!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
As promised, I've moving onto some clean lineart practice with Clip Studio! I decided to focus on concept sketches I might turn into NPCs for A Very Full House in the future, starting with one of my favourite tropes: a big tiddy goth!

Here's the initial sketch (I've also been happy with how my initial construction brush is performing)
Goth_WIP_Sketch.png
And here's the version with some crisp lineart and quick fills:
Goth_WIP.png

My initial impression is pretty positive! I'm starting to get familiar with Clip's option layout and it's been simple to adjust my brushes when I need to. Once I got my lining brush zeroed in I was feeling perfectly comfortable lining over my old art. Doing quick colour fills was trivial with the crisp lineart as well, which was a refreshing change from the tedious process of selecting things in GIMP.

Next up I'll be doing some flats and shading to see how the tools for that all stacks up! I'll also check out that time lapse function I completely forgot about while working on my drawing today!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
No art update for today, unfortunatly! I did make some good progress on colouring and shading, but then I got nerd sniped hard by a fan mod that I wanted to add better support for. As a result v0.11 is going to be BURSTING with new modding functionality, including support for adding new clothing items without needing to edit/overwrite the Live2D model, ability to inject additional menu options into menus, easily moddable phone apps, and hooking into existing events at an arbitrary script line!

I'm going to try and finish up the colouring and shading of my cute goth girl for tomorrow. If that goes well I'll see you then!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
Alright, here's that goth girl I promised you, fully shaded now!

Goth_1.png

This took a little longer than it would have in GIMP, but I was learning a lot about Clip Studio as I went. Now that I have all my shortcuts figured out and a better idea of what tools I have available I'm certain I could be hitting a much faster drawing pace.

I've done a writeup of my experience with Clip over on Patreon for my patrons. The tl;dr is that I liked it a lot, even with the teething pains of learning a new drawing program. It was particularly good for shading and texturing - it makes things like stitch lines, chains, hair, and fishnets WAY easier to lay down and add more depth and detail. I expect I'll be keeping Clip as my go-to drawing program!

Reactions: n666

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
My last few days have been spent focused on the new location maps that I'm going to be adding in v0.11 of A Very Full House. These will be part of an expansion to the school section of the game, giving me more space (both physically and narratively) to add events to the game. Here's a peek at four of the nine location maps I'm planning on adding!

LocationOverview.png

Keeping with the theme of this month I worked on all of these location maps in Clip Studio. I've discovered it has a very convenient and flexible perspective tool which made drawing all of these (mostly geometric) maps fast and fun, rather than tedious. I'm very happy with the change so far!

v0.11 will likely be using these greyscale maps while I make sure I'm happy with the layout. I'll give them a colour pass in v0.12 (although they're still all placeholders. I'm going to do good background art at some point for everything).

I've got the rough drawings finished for the five other locations I'm planning to add: 2x Washrooms, the principal's office, the gym, and REDACTED. I'm hoping to have those done in a couple of days, and then I can get all of these imported into Ren'py and start hooking events into the various clickable objects.

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
Drawing new location maps has been the lion's share of my work recently. Since my last post I finished the final five maps that I'm planning to introduce in v0.11. With these done I can dive into the code side of things; I expect defining all of the interactables to take a day or two. After that I can start making updates to the school system and give our MCILF a reason to actually wander around the school.

LocationOverview2.png

There's one final location that I haven't shared - you'll have to wait until v0.11 comes out to see it! With code and writing work on the horizon I'm hoping to fit in some non-work related drawing (it will still have boobs in it, so I guess it's still sort of related). Conveniently, Clip Studio just pushed out a big update and I'm eager to check out some of the new features!

metamira

Nov 18, 2021
My last few days have been pretty filled up with location art and a whole lot of writing/coding, but I was able to find time to do a little bit of character pose/perspective sketching. Enjoy a very stream-of-consciousness sketch page for today's practice post!

Sketch_Practice.png

Meanwhile, I'm making good progress on v0.11 and hope to have a firm-ish release date in the next couple of days! Stay tuned for more about that!