Meadow 1.0 Memorial

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Jesus man.

How many days is that file on by now?

Edit: i really need to read more carefully. Ffs...

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
You know... since I didn't create this thread allow me to wallow in my own misery for just a moment.
BASTE in it, man, soak it up. Marinate in it.

Aaaaaaand then suck it up. :p

Melphina

May 9, 2017
I'm fine with having to start over on a new save file once the port occurs. But knowing that it's forthcoming does mean I probably won't continue my current game before then. Has there been any confirmation of a rough date when we should plan around the port being finished? I understand that may be difficult to answer because some people always get annoyed when delays happen even though it's just the nature of design, but I'd like to think most people are understanding and appreciative of how much effort goes into a project like this so something generalized would be more than enough.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Reactions: Paradox01

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
You know... since I didn't create this thread allow me to wallow in my own misery for just a moment.

Things I'm going to miss:
Anno sex times.
Times whored at Beth's Busty Broads.
That fucking named babies spreadsheet.
THE JUMPER BABIES MAN, THE JUMPER BABIES
Well, at least Meadow is better than Victor. She actually does have a list of her offspring.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I'm curious - did you edit that save in any way? (At any point in time - not necessarily this specific file)
Yep was messing around with face tags and added the smooth descriptor and never bothered to remove it. Also had to edit down milk capacity because Meadow wound up weighing several hundred pounds due to maxing out Milk Tank and the Mega Milk perk. Other than that, that's it.

adev

Apr 27, 2017
Ahh, ok. I'm asking because the save you posted contains a few suspicious values that are probably caused by errors in the game - but with save editing and without a recent source to check there is not much that can be done...

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016

Things I'm going to miss:
Anno sex times.
Times whored at Beth's Busty Broads.
That fucking named babies spreadsheet.
THE JUMPER BABIES MAN, THE JUMPER BABIES
i admire the dedication to do all that in game and make a spreadsheet on the side. i would have lost patience and started naming them random numbers

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
i admire the dedication to do all that in game and make a spreadsheet on the side. i would have lost patience and started naming them random numbers
God forbid my Steele yelling "Sera" or "Roxy" in the nursery, especially if either of them is actually in there. I'd have a small army turn towards me.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Any large endeavor is simply a collection of smaller tasks. With repetition comes eventual refinement. Meadow didn't have 66k kids in one day. That save was created sometime in 2017.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I almost had a heart attack when I saw the title because I thought Null died or something akdkfdkckskkckd

But anyways, big agree on Meadow reference somewhere. If some douchenozzle on the forums gets a character referencing him (albeit in a mocking way, but STILLS) then Meadow can get a shoutout somewhere. I feel like Breedwell might be perfect for this; have an “Employee of the Month” thing hanging around or something.

And OH BOY and here I was thinking I could just export my save, but this just reminded me the file is still designed for Flash. Welp, I guess we could all use a fresh start. lol.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
And OH BOY and here I was thinking I could just export my save, but this just reminded me the file is still designed for Flash. Welp, I guess we could all use a fresh start. lol.

I'm already gaming out how I'm going to get the look I want. Shouldn't be too hard... (famous last words I'm sure.)

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Dont completely loose hope. As far as im aware there hasnt beena solid yes or no on transfer compatability.

Me? Im cautiously optimistic.

And even if i have to start over, i can still use the old stuff as a kind of checklist to catch up.

Reactions: Shura

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Ahh, ok. I'm asking because the save you posted contains a few suspicious values that are probably caused by errors in the game - but with save editing and without a recent source to check there is not much that can be done...
I mean, for all the good it will do, I have about 7000+ save games backed up :)

big joe

Nov 5, 2020
Gdańsk, Poland
So, you know in Greek mythology, there's Echidna, the mother of monsters? Well there's an astral body called 42355 Typhon (Echidna's mate), with a large moon named after Echidna.

What I'm saying is we need a large rip in real space leading to a hellish dimension with starspawn spew forth from.

They could call it "The Meadow".
Oh goddamnit it's The Warp. At least Slaanesh would be happy?
In all seriousness, that's a good idea. Some sort of astral body or moon or something in memoriam would be cool.
Actually, that's got me thinking: will there be a sort of "flash version archive" where you could play old saves?

Last edited:

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Actually, that's got me thinking: will there be a sort of "flash version archive" where you could play old saves?
I mean nothings stopping you from downloading the Flash standalone player and running it now or on a Windows 7/10 VM when the next iteration of windows doesn't run it anymore (which I doubt since it's just a 32 bit app).

I'm not going to delete my saves any time soon but Meadow's archive alone is almost 4GB because it's about 3-4 years worth of save data and that's not including the dozens of other characters I've tinkered with down the line. Something to think about for the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: sumgai and big joe

adev

Apr 27, 2017
I mean, for all the good it will do, I have about 7000+ save games backed up :)

I'm not sure if I should be impressed or afraid.... But since we have the opportunity can you please check when was the first time Meadow had... JK :p