MC name troubles and child naming troubles.

Lone Wolf115

I use the same names over and over not really a problem but having two names next to each other doesn't bother me but when I'm making a new character it's just one big block.
So I need names I use, Kaylee, Alice, Alicia and Sarah. That's it, but the bigger one is the children sure they aren't really going to show up but it matters to me.
Also I don't like my character having the same name as an NPC it's just something that bothers me.

Than the CoC2 names I use are Alice, Alicia and Kara

TheShepard256

I'm not certain what the point of this was, but I guess I'll share some of my naming stuff. My Steele is named Isabel, and her first child is named Alicia (despite the fact that generic kids can't be named in-game). Her second batch of kids - the Water Princesses - are all named after Terran goddesses of fertility (the 'human/ausar/etc. reproduction' kind of fertility, not the 'big crop harvests' kind). I haven't decided on names for future kids*, though, mainly because I haven't decided who their other parents are^ and (more importantly) in which order they'll be born.

*Excluding ones like Aya, Brahn and Nina, who are named by their other parent.
^For sires, the list definitely includes Kase and the LDC, and might include Shekka and/or Ilaria.

My CoC2 Champs are named Marian (after the Dragon Age 2 theme naming of Hawkethorne and Garret) and Ashara (the Abrahamic god's wife, before she got retconned out of the Abrahamic religions' canons).
Also I don't like my character having the same name as an NPC it's just something that bothers me.
Same here. That's why Isabel isn't named Karen; there's a minor NPC with that name in Tessa's wedding sequence. Though I still use that name if I have to quickly make an entirely new Steele for testing or content exploration purposes.

zzc

Nov 9, 2021
You can change your name at the rahn customs on the first probe planet. Longer play time will cost more.

TheShepard256

I haven't decided on names for future kids*, though,
After further consideration, I've decided that each batch of kids after the first are going to have theme naming (appropriate to their circumstances, wherever possible). For instance, the Water Princesses are all named after fertility goddesses because the survival of their species depends on them reproducing (i.e. being fertile), while LDC's kids are all named after pirates because LDC is a pirate leader.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115