(Maybe Not a Bug) Cant encounter the New Peer

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
For some reason the new peer encounter isnt proccing for me in the backer build. though it may be because of the fact that ive completed the dungeon and such, but the post on the front page says that it should proc once i enter a hostile square so idk whats going on here.

file included for testing

Attachments

• Jinx (H) - 10Hrs 38Mins, 12080 Days - Mhen’ga, Ara Ara.json
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Bast

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Please God let this be a bug I don't want to have to save edit my game and redo the party for a third time....

Aug 26, 2024
The new peer is only available from the time you fight Feruze on Dhaal until you receive her email about a lead. After you get that mail there's no way* to encounter the peer if you haven't already.

* unless you run peerReviewEvent() in the console.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
The new peer is only available from the time you fight Feruze on Dhaal until you receive her email about a lead. After you get that mail there's no way* to encounter the peer if you haven't already.

* unless you run peerReviewEvent() in the console.
Thank you Jesus h.

I love the work the team does but man they gotta stop putting stuff in that you can't get access to unless you rollback your save somehow.

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
It's some serious dumbfuckery. Punishing players for actively playing their game I mean.

It just makes them want to play the game less.

Reactions: XBoxMaster131
Aug 26, 2024
Based on the hotfix, looks like it was unintentional.
0.9.108 Hotfix Changelog said:
  • Fixed the repeat Peer Party (the Backer content referenced in the below changelog) not ever appearing if you are past the event.
  • Fixed the cooldown to begin on encountering the chance to go to the party, rather than on going to the party itself. This way if it is an unwanted encounter, refusing it will ensure you won’t see it again until the cooldown is up, instead of being spammed with it for saying ‘no’.
  • Fixed a broken parser crash in the peer party scenes.

Reactions: XBoxMaster131

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
It's some serious dumbfuckery. Punishing players for actively playing their game I mean.

It just makes them want to play the game less.
oh thank christ someone else said it. yeah, its just fucking stupid, lol