• Total voters

king of tentacle

Mar 30, 2017
As I've seen two different mays making the rounds on the net
I thought I would put up a lol poll to see which may people like more

now I'm off to celebrate with pregnant mermaid princess :toot:

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
A month-based pun on 'mermaid', much like 'Mayternity' is for 'maternity'. As the name suggests, the former focuses on merfolk while the latter is more about motherhood/pregnancy.
That sounds good. Is that in CoC2 or TiTs? Or a different game?

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Mermay is actually not based on Fengames, but a sort of general challenge for online artists (sort of like nanowrimo for writers).
Artists who choose to participate post art of mermaids for the whole month of May.

Last edited:

TheShepard256

IIRC, CoC2 has celebrated Mayternity for every year of its existence while TiTS rarely celebrates if at all, and neither of them do Mermay. I don't recall hearing of Mayternity outside CoC2, but given how easy it'd be to come up with that pun I assume it predates the game significantly and is nowhere near exclusive to it.

Also, what ShySquare said.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
IIRC, CoC2 has celebrated Mayternity for every year of its existence while TiTS rarely celebrates if at all, and neither of them do Mermay. I don't recall hearing of Mayternity outside CoC2, but given how easy it'd be to come up with that pun I assume it predates the game significantly and is nowhere near exclusive to it.

Also, what ShySquare said.
At least for CoC2, I came up with the pun/idea for Mayternity. It's a pretty obvious pun tho so I'd be surprised if it hasn't been used before.

Reactions: Savin

Proto042

Aug 19, 2019
Technically both Mermay and Mayternity are both art things that have been done for quite a few years. However, I can completely understand people not knowing about one or the other of them if they don't particularly align with your interests and both are very easy puns to make like many puns are.

Reactions: Kesil