Many busts that were in the flash version are missing in the javascript version

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimds

Dec 16, 2021
Sorry for a vague generalization, but busts all over the game just aren't present and I don't know why. Sometimes it's a non-default bust that I could switch to in the flash version, most often I notice it because a character's only bust is gone and replaced with a placeholder. The busts in Kiroquest's VR segment are mostly missing. I'd have to go over the entire game to find every missing bust unfortunately, so I hope this problem is fixable in a way that doesn't involve painstakingly going over every character bust in the game to see it it's still there.

Reactions: Tainted-Alice

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Nope, every bust is going to have to be painstakingly looked at. The entire way we handle bust data and how they are referenced had to change as part of moving away from Flash, and a lot of this data has had to be created from scratch.

cimds

Dec 16, 2021
That sucks. So I guess this is just an ugly pile of work that should probably be done but nobody wants to get around to it? Like ten hours of rote data entry.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
The bandage has already kinda three quarters been pulled off. The vast majority of the data we need has been recreated in the new form that it needs to be in, but because a lot of it had to be done by hand there's plenty of room for issues. Now it's a case of just tracking down where things went a bit off the rails and fixing the them.

For example, the KQ twins busts. We never actually had seperate busts for Model 17 and 18, they were just crops of an image with both of them in. Whoever did the bulk conversion of the bust data didn't setup the cropping data for Model 17 (so it displays the whole twins image), and skipped setting up Model 18 entirely (because it functionally used the same image but with different cropping data).

Regardless, I've cleaned up a bunch of the busts throughout the KQ segment and I'll chip at whatever I notice with some additional logging shoved into the development code plus whatever gets reported. Trying to exhaustively ensure they're all fine would be a monumental task no matter which way we slice it:

Image processing manifest path: C:\Users\gedan\AppData\Local\Temp\image-manifest-proc.json
progress [========================================] 100% | ETA: 0s | 5286/5286

Status
Not open for further replies.