Major TiTS Story Idea

Zjim

Sep 22, 2017
Please note the following is an idea that I had. I might not actually write it, but if it gets going I'll roll with it.

So I like to think that CoC, TiTS, and FoE are all connected somehow. CoC being the first in the timeline, FoE coming later, and TiTS much much later. In FoE you even get a reference to the campsite of CoC when you are having a dream.

I like to think that the Champion (CoC) started a family and had children, maybe one, maybe two, etc. Years go by and something happens that causes the events of FoE, etc. Years and years later, TiTS happens. What I'm saying is that I believe that the characters you play in CoC, FoE, and TiTS are all related and in the same bloodline.

I don't really have much proof except for the CoC-FoE connection I just wrote about, but I like to think TiTS fits in as well.

Anyway, recently I was thinking about writing a story for TiTS or CoC, but the ideas fell better with TiTS. Basically, the protagonist would be a descendant of the Champion. Their goal would probably be along the lines of stopping a demon from breaking into the mortal realm. (If I remember correctly, kind of like FoE). The story would take place at about the same time as Captain Steele's, so the two of them running into each other along the way wouldn't be out of the question. Probably not joining one or the other's crew, but probably running into each other and maybe helping each other.

So, like I said earlier: it's just an idea. If enough people comment ideas on a plot for a new TiTS-based story I might just make one. If not, then the idea is dead. If I do write it, it will probably be long.

So yeah, comment any ideas you might have to make a demon invade the TiTS timeline (how would they even get out?). Any ideas on what their goal might be (would they conquer the mortal realm? how about slowly take over everyone's minds?). What if the new protagonist met Captain Steele (would they be cousins, assuming Steele is a descendant of the Champion? when and where would they meet? would they even get along?)

NathanTrial

Aug 28, 2016
I've yet to play enough TiTs or FoE to give much feedback here other than the idea sounds neat.

Zjim

Sep 22, 2017
I've yet to play enough TiTs or FoE to give much feedback here other than the idea sounds neat.

I haven't played much FoE either, the only game out of these three that I've actually beaten is TiTS, I've only reached Lethice's base in CoC, I haven't even entered it.

So much research would be necessary. (At least into TiTS).

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
the only game out of these three that I've actually beaten is TiTS
You can't really beat TiTS atm since it's severely unfinished. There's nothing to beat.

Zjim

Sep 22, 2017
You can't really beat TiTS atm since it's severely unfinished. There's nothing to beat.
I know it's unfinished, what I meant was that I found all of the probes that you can get. That being said I mainly stuck to the main missions as well. If a story were to take place at the same time as TiTS like the one I'm suggesting then once it got as far as TiTS does it would need to branch off and start making new stuff. At that point it would have to be classified as a parallel reality or something along those lines. Plus if Steele and the protagonist encountered each other dialog would have to be chosen that would determine how Steele acts.
(Sorry if that went off topic there, the author in me was at work.)

Zjim

Sep 22, 2017
So I've thought of the bio for the story's protagonist:

"Drew Grey was born into poverty, as were his parents, and their parents, and so on. His direct ancestors always seemed to be at or near the bottom of the food chain. Not that any of them were useless, Drew's family had a tendency to actually get things done. None of them sat around, none of them were put off by challenges, and none of them ever admitted defeat. In his direct family, Drew grew up only with his father because his mother died during childbirth. His father raised him to the same aforementioned standards that he himself was raised.
Outside of Drew's direct family, he knew of only two other families that were related to his by blood. There was the Horrizen family, another locked into poverty, though he didn't know much more about them. Then there was the Steele family. Technically split into two different paths, Victor's family and Maximilian's. Both were successful, rich, and famous, though in their own ways.
Neither Victor nor Max helped the Grey family financially. It wasn't that Uncle Victor didn't know of the Grey family, he did know of them, it was more of the fact that Drew's ancestors refused to be assisted. Now Uncle Max was a different story, he either didn't know about the Greys or he just didn't care. Not that Drew cared for either of their families himself. As far as he knew none of the four related families ever did anything together, though he had heard of a rift in the Steele family between his two uncles.
As for Drew himself, both of his parents were Human, and he had never taken any gene splicers of any kind, so he was still Human too. As stated before, he was raised in poverty under his father's care. He learned to push himself to his limits, never back down, and stay active. His greatest gift from his father was his father's lessons on thinking dynamically.
Once he was old enough, he joined the U.G.C. and trained for the Special Operations Division. His goal was to help take down gangs like Black Void. He passed all of his tests with flying colors, he was almost always the top of his class, and he definitely stood out among the other cadets. The rest of the cadets came from the middle class of society, he was the only one from the lower class. Yet he still proved himself time and time again. He only made a few friends as a cadet, but he also made several rivals.
One of which was Theon Drylar. Another Human, on the upper end of the middle class, he was basically a snobbish rich kid, aside from the fact that he couldn't actually be classified as rich. He was one of the few cadets who was actually on par with Drew, and it annoyed Theon so. Theon always went on about how Drew didn't belong in the U.G.C. It didn't help Theon when General Sindler of the U.G.C. took a special interest in Drew.
Well, when their final trials came to see if they would be accepted in full, Drew and most of the other cadets passed, with a few failing. Unfortunately for Drew, Theon passed as well, and he wasn't about to let Drew have his moment. Theon stole Drew's papers and modified them so that the documents would say he failed. Lo and behold it actually worked. General Sindler spoke to Drew about him not being able to join the Spec Ops Division. Drew was feeling down because of this, but Sindler gave him a second option.
Drew was given the rank of captain, given a ship, and one crew member (not Theon). He was to join in on the Fourteenth Planet Rush and try to locate a dangerous criminal he had never heard of before who had also stolen a prototype exosuit. The criminal, named Dr. Letrer, was hiding out on a frontier planet. Drew was to find Dr. Letrer, capture him, and secure the prototype. Simple."

This is just a work in progress, if anyone has any ideas feel free to post them.