Mad Cow quest revisit(?)

BloodRaven117

Feb 26, 2021
So I made an oopsie and accidently saved over my pocket save before entering Khorminos, and my closest hard drive save is 100 days before current build in game. I don't suppose that the ability to change Brint's gender will be revisited later, or if Mad Cow is going to be the only way to make Brienne.

I decided I was going to wait on having Brint put the armor on so I would get the opportunity later to see both path's content. Unfortunately, as I've just learned, if you enter Khorminos, the cave hollow housing the armor collapses, blocking off that route. This is annoying, but I understand why from a story/coding perspective. But my backup plan being unceremoniously axed seems a bit hasty.

Are there any plans to reinclude the content for those who dallied like myself?

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Ones you reach the outskirts thats it, no going back ever, it would be too much a fucking hassle to write for the change.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
If this just happened, you probably still have an autosave or two from before you entered KM. Otherwise yeah, what wery said.

BloodRaven117

Feb 26, 2021
If this just happened, you probably still have an autosave or two from before you entered KM. Otherwise yeah, what wery said.

Nope, months ago by now. So yeah, very sad. Not that it matters much, I'd already done the brinthaus dates and was wondering why I couldn't do anything else and wondered if it was a bug or just no more content programmed in yet and thought maybe if I get the armor it'll unbug itself. No armor and a quick trip to the wiki illuminated me on both accounts so shrug. Once development is finished I'll be remaking my character anyways to replay the game anyways. Just sucks a bit ya know? I'm sure they'll think up something for us when they get the "dream" set up.

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
It's not bugged, it's just repeat visits haven't been finished yet. But yeah, accounting for Brint suddenly changing genders is too much work, so once you're in KM, you're locked out of it.

Reactions: BloodRaven117

Tarnakus

Oct 31, 2020
You could save edit. If you are interested I would:
  • backup save,
  • go to Hawkethorne (for safe measure),
  • delete any flag with Cassia and Rina in it,
  • reset family matters quest,
  • set mad cow quest on first stage. (quest editing, I already explain in save editor thread)
In last 3 points order doesn't matter.

Cons:
You will have pesky pop-up about save edited. It can introduce bugs down the line or simply don't work. So standard save editing stuff :p

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Its can ultra brick a save so deadass make sure to have a back up, it also means any bugs you encounter cant really be reported from that save.

BloodRaven117

Feb 26, 2021
Well thats handy to know, I can make a few sacrificial harddrive saves for that. Thanks for the tip Tarnakus!