Lore questions - Winter Palace (spoilers... duh)

Jun 16, 2020
So when we talk to Kasyrra in the Winter Palace about her imps, she says this.

"I've been told that a creature without a soul can't create a soul. All we can create is raw, unhinged id and ego. Wretched little balls of carnality that know nothing but their own hungers, insatiable in their lusts."

Now my understanding is that Kitsune also have no souls. And when you become one Keros takes yours.

Now is Kasyrra incorrect? Is it only demons that cannot produce beings with souls, or are all the children you sire - after accepting Kero's offer - soulless?

Also kudos on a smut game that has such interesting lore, I could genuinely read about this stuff to the level I do with Warcraft.

Edit: i have probably posted this in the wrong place. I made a reply apologising for that but then noticed an edit button.

Last edited:

TheShepard256

IIRC, your understanding is wrong - kitsune (including a Champion who accepted Keros's offer) still have their own souls, it's just that they're stored somewhere outside their own bodies. Demons have had their souls ripped out of them and turned into lethicite, so they no longer have souls at all.

Jun 16, 2020
IIRC, your understanding is wrong - kitsune (including a Champion who accepted Keros's offer) still have their own souls, it's just that they're stored somewhere outside their own bodies. Demons have had their souls ripped out of them and turned into lethicite, so they no longer have souls at all.

That would make more sense. Kero's explanation went slightly over my head, since it's rather convoluted though I reckon it makes more sense that way, since it's a difficult concept to wrap your head around.

Thanks!

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Kitsune don't have individual souls. They have a collective/communal one, which they need to keep a link to via feeding. Individually, they ping as demons. This applies to every kit you've ever had with Kiyoko, before or after the fact.

In the demontaur bad end in the original, the demons learn to have something other than imps, although the details of the method is not stated. Kasyrra got out of dodge well before then even if it were canon, so she wouldn't know about it.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
They have a collective/communal one

440px-Shining_Path_Hammer_and_Sickle.svg.png

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
In Soviet Russia, furries yiff you!

Reactions: loricd