Looking for suggestions and feedback

DawnCry

Sep 18, 2016
To be fair I have never seen your game, mind control games in theory can be quite interesting because that same mind control serves as a "gate of content", if well done it can have a lot of fetishes and be quite a good experience, usually most mind control games limit themselves to make characters into sluts for the MC which is quite basic.

A few interesting things that, unfortunately, mind control games don't like to touch is giving that feeling to the player that they truly can use mind controlling powers, how?, well for example influencing two females to enter into a lesbian relationship with each other, choosing between having a sub/romantic/dom relationship with a girl and even influence how much into each side the girl is (basically this is against extreme sub and dom so that it is further brainwash).

But well this is just a comment before I play your game and mostly based on what I think about mind control games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok played the game and it's quite easy to see the problem, it is extremely plain and kind of bad on many aspects.

Let's start with an easy one... on the technical side it feels inexperienced. While a tutorial is good to add as an item a status window of characters it doesn't feel right to have it with an item, because it's something that a player will want to see many times, the optimal way would have been to delete the status window of the menu and change it to a characters menu in which you could easily see all the information about all the characters. Kind of like a character sheet with all the important information.

Related to storyline... it's plainly bad, in fact we don't have a storyline per se which in itself it isn't bad, but when we see the events related to the characters and the overall situation then it is a problem. I'm gonna talk about this in the gameplay part.

Here is the main problem, the gameplay, the first problem that we have is that it's a pure walking simulator, walk and walk more until you find something then continue walking. You see when a game has this problem it means that the engine that you chose isn't appropiate, for example if this game was made in ren'py that would mean that the player would waste less time to do the same thing. A way to solve it a bit would be by adding quick travel to important locations, the good thing about the game is that the map isn't too big.

But when we talk about the characters and the mind control system that you added... it has all the problems that should be solved, it's grindy, boring and with little thought.

First of all we can't interact with the characters outside the mindcontrol, the only thing is a line or two of the "talk option", which is totally useless, you see in a game like this the important part are exactly the interactions and events with the characters, but I can't be friendly with a character, I can't interact with them... I think that you need to play some games so that you can personally see what your game lacks, because of the rpg aspect I recommend Farmer's dreams by MuseX and because of the mind control theme then I recommend the company by Westane.

I think that you will see many things that you lack in both of them and you will understand why it is boring to play your game.

Well that's all I can comment about the game, be aware that everything that I have said is in neutral tone and I don't mean nothing bad, at most I may have been a bit direct, but that's all.

Last edited:

speedapple

Oct 8, 2017
To be fair I have never seen your game, mind control games in theory can be quite interesting because that same mind control serves as a "gate of content", if well done it can have a lot of fetishes and be quite a good experience, usually most mind control games limit themselves to make characters into sluts for the MC which is quite basic.

A few interesting things that, unfortunately, mind control games don't like to touch is giving that feeling to the player that they truly can use mind controlling powers, how?, well for example influencing two females to enter into a lesbian relationship with each other, choosing between having a sub/romantic/dom relationship with a girl and even influence how much into each side the girl is (basically this is against extreme sub and dom so that it is further brainwash).

But well this is just a comment before I play your game and mostly based on what I think about mind control games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok played the game and it's quite easy to see the problem, it is extremely plain and kind of bad on many aspects.

Let's start with an easy one... on the technical side it feels inexperienced. While a tutorial is good to add as an item a status window of characters it doesn't feel right to have it with an item, because it's something that a player will want to see many times, the optimal way would have been to delete the status window of the menu and change it to a characters menu in which you could easily see all the information about all the characters. Kind of like a character sheet with all the important information.

Related to storyline... it's plainly bad, in fact we don't have a storyline per se which in itself it isn't bad, but when we see the events related to the characters and the overall situation then it is a problem. I'm gonna talk about this in the gameplay part.

Here is the main problem, the gameplay, the first problem that we have is that it's a pure walking simulator, walk and walk more until you find something then continue walking. You see when a game has this problem it means that the engine that you chose isn't appropiate, for example if this game was made in ren'py that would mean that the player would waste less time to do the same thing. A way to solve it a bit would be by adding quick travel to important locations, the good thing about the game is that the map isn't too big.

But when we talk about the characters and the mind control system that you added... it has all the problems that should be solved, it's grindy, boring and with little thought.

First of all we can't interact with the characters outside the mindcontrol, the only thing is a line or two of the "talk option", which is totally useless, you see in a game like this the important part are exactly the interactions and events with the characters, but I can't be friendly with a character, I can't interact with them... I think that you need to play some games so that you can personally see what your game lacks, because of the rpg aspect I recommend Farmer's dreams by MuseX and because of the mind control theme then I recommend the company by Westane.

I think that you will see many things that you lack in both of them and you will understand why it is boring to play your game.

Well that's all I can comment about the game, be aware that everything that I have said is in neutral tone and I don't mean nothing bad, at most I may have been a bit direct, but that's all.

I see, thanks for your feedback, really gave me some insight on what to do with it now!

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
Two games with systems that were suggested: (Both are MV)
Sexual Realm -- Quick travel.
Renryuu Ascension -- Crafting System (Cuz there's too much talking, imo)