Looking for games similar to "House Party"

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
Hey guys,

So it wasn't too long ago (maybe a couple of months) that I played a game where you could walk in 3d called house party by mistacorn, there were girls at this house party you were at, and you could interact with things in the house, and the characters, but I really liked the 3d world, i thought it was a lot of fun, the link is here https://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1177-house-party-beta-23-updated-21616/ although it seems to be dead now.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of similar free games like this I could play around with?

Also please know what I mean when I say 3d I don't just mean 3d art in a visual novel or anything like that, I mean first of 3rd person perspective with the ability to move around with wasd in that kind of view

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanny

Jul 29, 2016
House Party isn't dead.  The author has a Patreon page, and has shown a fair bit of progress.  He took a detour with having someone design models from scratch, ostensibly to be more flexible than the Daz models you've seen, but they weren't working out, so he just put effort into making the Daz models do more.

While it's not free, you might want to look at XStory Player.  It's a substantially more interactive 3D first person perspective game, also under active development (though slow at this point, because they're substantially modifying the completely custom engine the game uses).  You can download a limited demo of the 2.0 version.  Version 3.5 is a sizable advance in many ways, but buying it gives you both versions, since 2.0 has stories that were not ported over to 3.5, the latter having essentially one story based on a tentacle monster.  While it still has a ways to go in several respects, there's no other game quite like it out there.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
He was using a different model because of the reduced load on the system which would result in a faster and lighter game. However, he received feedback that the players preferred the Daz3d Genesis models he was using. So he had to reconfigure the models...

Direct quote from his blog posted June 17.... " I’ve been spending a LOT of time on getting these characters to move and act realistically  "

On July 20th, he had just released a demo to his 10+ patreon supporters. When it's working and relatively bug-free and the supporters have had a chance to enjoy it for a week or so, he will release a public build.

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
Yeah, I managed to notice this on his website, it turns out that when I last went to his website it must have just been down for the day, and so I assumed it was dead lol.

But anyways, does anyone actually know of similar games?

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
Yeah, I managed to notice this on his website, it turns out that when I last went to his website it must have just been down for the day, and so I assumed it was dead lol.

But anyways, does anyone actually know of similar games?

This one is fun. Built with Unity. Daz3d models. And you have a party inside an abandoned space station 2 sexy androids and an A.I. that is super kinky.

http://3dnovels.de/GnubbelWortzeugs/abandoned-a-tale-of-forgotten-lives-unity-3d-wip/

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015

Thanny

Jul 29, 2016
YEEES this is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, it would be perfect if I understood how the hacking game worked lol. If anyone could recommend more like this I'd be thankful xD

The hacking bit is certainly the most complex mini-game I've seen, though it's not really that complex in the grand scheme of things.  It does show that the developer is fond of teaching binary.

The goal is to unlock the databases at the top and bottom.  You do that by clicking on them and clicking the number for the displayed binary value (000 = 0, 001 = 1, 010 = 2, 011 = 3, 100 = 4, 101 = 5, 110 = 6, 111 = 7), but you have to wait for said binary value to display.  That takes a long time if you immediately click on the database.

So you need to first capture the blue computer nodes, which will speed up the binary display.  To do that, just click on the white nodes until you have a path to the blue ones.  Then click on a blue node to start a second hacking mini-game.  For this one, the target values are near the top of the screen.  You have a phase value and two other values (amplitude?  don't recall).  The phase value is set at the left with a slider and fine-tuning controls.  Use the slider to get close, then the buttons to adjust by a single increment (though it sometimes does two).  The two values are set by selecting the appropriate bits.  So memorizing the binary patterns for every decimal value from 0 to 63 (which requires six binary digits) would work, but it's actually much easier than that.  There are six buttons (one for each bit), each of which adds a value to the total.  From left to right, they are 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, and 32.  So if the target number is 43, you need button #6 for 32, button #4 for 8, button #2 for 2, and button #1 for 1 (32 + 8 + 2 + 1 = 43).  If it were 42, you'd leave off button #1 (32 + 8 + 2 = 42).  If it were 41, you'd leave off button #2 (32 + 8 + 1 = 41).  The basic strategy is to toggle buttons from the right without going over.  So 43 is greater than or equal to 32, so you need button #6.  Button #5 is 16, and 32 + 16 = 48, which is more than 43, so you leave button #5 off.  Button #4 is 8, and 32 + 8 = 40, which is less than or equal to 43, so you turn it on.  And so on.  Each button, from right to left, is half the value of the previous button.

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
The hacking bit is certainly the most complex mini-game I've seen, though it's not really that complex in the grand scheme of things.  It does show that the developer is fond of teaching binary.

The goal is to unlock the databases at the top and bottom.  You do that by clicking on them and clicking the number for the displayed binary value (000 = 0, 001 = 1, 010 = 2, 011 = 3, 100 = 4, 101 = 5, 110 = 6, 111 = 7), but you have to wait for said binary value to display.  That takes a long time if you immediately click on the database.

So you need to first capture the blue computer nodes, which will speed up the binary display.  To do that, just click on the white nodes until you have a path to the blue ones.  Then click on a blue node to start a second hacking mini-game.  For this one, the target values are near the top of the screen.  You have a phase value and two other values (amplitude?  don't recall).  The phase value is set at the left with a slider and fine-tuning controls.  Use the slider to get close, then the buttons to adjust by a single increment (though it sometimes does two).  The two values are set by selecting the appropriate bits.  So memorizing the binary patterns for every decimal value from 0 to 63 (which requires six binary digits) would work, but it's actually much easier than that.  There are six buttons (one for each bit), each of which adds a value to the total.  From left to right, they are 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, and 32.  So if the target number is 43, you need button #6 for 32, button #4 for 8, button #2 for 2, and button #1 for 1 (32 + 8 + 2 + 1 = 43).  If it were 42, you'd leave off button #1 (32 + 8 + 2 = 42).  If it were 41, you'd leave off button #2 (32 + 8 + 1 = 41).  The basic strategy is to toggle buttons from the right without going over.  So 43 is greater than or equal to 32, so you need button #6.  Button #5 is 16, and 32 + 16 = 48, which is more than 43, so you leave button #5 off.  Button #4 is 8, and 32 + 8 = 40, which is less than or equal to 43, so you turn it on.  And so on.  Each button, from right to left, is half the value of the previous button.

Yeah the first game I get, it's simple enough, but the second game, even after I have read what you said

<--- Second Game

<--- My Head

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
The most frustrating thing I found with the hacking was that a lot of the time the timer starts before you actually think it does, finding the information can be difficult, and there is very little room for error.  Once you screw up, then you're on another clock.  It is really stressful and feels a lot more punishing than it should be.  The huge number of spelling and grammar errors (graterations, fetisch, their instead of there) is also really distracting.  However, I think the thing I found most annoying was that the game is completely linear.  As far as I could tell, the only real choice the player has is what outfits the girls wear.  I actually really like the subject mater and the philosophical questions it raises, but I wish I could influence the outcomes or choose my interpretation of them.

Kerny

Aug 12, 2016
Yeah the first game I get, it's simple enough, but the second game, even after I have read what you said

<--- Second Game

<--- My Head

I am an evil person so.. i don't tell you that you can skip all hacking games with ctrl+W.. really .. i don't ^_^

(Readme.txt)

The most frustrating thing I found with the hacking was that a lot of the time the timer starts before you actually think it does, finding the information can be difficult, and there is very little room for error.  Once you screw up, then you're on another clock.  It is really stressful and feels a lot more punishing than it should be.  The huge number of spelling and grammar errors (graterations, fetisch, their instead of there) is also really distracting.  However, I think the thing I found most annoying was that the game is completely linear.  As far as I could tell, the only real choice the player has is what outfits the girls wear.  I actually really like the subject mater and the philosophical questions it raises, but I wish I could influence the outcomes or choose my interpretation of them.

Yes the garmmar errors.. ahm.. yes.. i am not a nativ english speaking person and since i am alone on this i have to take care of nearly everythign myself.

This is also the reason why i am not able to do it with more decisions sicne it would take MUCH more time to complete the game. I only can work on weekends on this and therefor i have to keep it simple.

Kerny == noob game creator :)

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Yes the garmmar errors.. ahm.. yes.. i am not a nativ english speaking person and since i am alone on this i have to take care of nearly everythign myself.

This is also the reason why i am not able to do it with more decisions sicne it would take MUCH more time to complete the game. I only can work on weekends on this and therefor i have to keep it simple.

Kerny == noob game creator :)

You should try to put everything through at least a spell checker before implementing it in your game.  There are many of these available for free on the internet.  A GDrive Document is a good place to start if you have a gmail account, since it can be used to also cloud save your scripts.  To make sure you're using the right word, either google it or look it up in a dictionary.

Kerny

Aug 12, 2016
I actually thought about this and i want to try to *solve* this in another way. In my new release  (V0.17) Players can dop spellcorrection on the fly using F3 on the keyboard.

Then a file named SPELLCHECK.txt will will be generated and this can also be used to translate my game in another language.

red911

Nov 11, 2015
I actually thought about this and i want to try to *solve* this in another way. In my new release  (V0.17) Players can dop spellcorrection on the fly using F3 on the keyboard.

Then a file named SPELLCHECK.txt will will be generated and this can also be used to translate my game in another language.

Wait... there's a V0.17 out?  There's a cool spellcheck system?  Where can I find these things! (I checked the blog and either I'm less capable that you'd expect or it is difficult to determine).

Kerny

Aug 12, 2016
Wait... there's a V0.17 out?  There's a cool spellcheck system?  Where can I find these things! (I checked the blog and either I'm less capable that you'd expect or it is difficult to determine).

It is not out yet.. ^_^

I am working hard to upload this in a few days (V0.17 is my dev version xD)

Kerny

Aug 12, 2016
V 0.17 is released

See 3dnovels.de for download link.. i need to go to sleep now xD