Looking for a few people to try my new game

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
I've been developing a new game in Unity between working on the next updates for Night Games and Seven Minutes in Heaven. It's a softcore, team-based stripping card game. I have a working prototype, but I don't think it's ready for a public alpha. The UI is pretty rough, there are a bunch of placeholder assets, and most importantly, it doesn't have a name.

I want to get some feedback and ideas before I put out an alpha release. I made it available to Patreon supporters, but it wasn't intended as a patron reward (and no one is responding), so I figured I'd also look for some people here. If you're interested in trying the game and providing some feedback, reply to the thread and I'll PM you a download link.

I'm looking for:

• Ideas for the title <- most important, I'm really bad at names
  • Are any parts of the mechanics confusing
  • Thoughts about the card game itself
  • Thoughts about the game concept

I'm not so interested in:

• Opinions about the models or environment (they're placeholders)
  • Requests for more hardcore content
  • Bugs (I'm sure there are many, I have a lot of testing to do before release)

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
What type of card game is it? Black-Jack, Poker, Yu-Gi-Oh, or something else?

Void Director

Aug 26, 2015
So its a unity based adult collectable card game? Sounds interesting. I would like to take a look.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
So its a unity based adult collectable card game? Sounds interesting. I would like to take a look.

It's not a collectable card game. That would be cooler, but way outside the scope of what I'm doing. This is just a card game where you collect sets of the same card. I'll PM you the link if you're still interested.

RuBoo

Aug 26, 2015
Finally got to try it, I got it figured out, except the Shield cards... For the name... Maybe Strip Match? Everything else falls into the "not-so-interested-in" category (models are bland, sometimes text doesn't progress until a second button press).

Void Director

Aug 26, 2015
It's not a collectable card game. That would be cooler, but way outside the scope of what I'm doing. This is just a card game where you collect sets of the same card. I'll PM you the link if you're still interested.

Ahh, I misinterpreted what you meant by set collection. I would still like to see it though.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Sounds a lot like hanafuda(or koi koi). I love those games >.<

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Ok, I gave it a few runs. It takes a few turns to get the hang of what is happening but it becomes a bit obvious after a while. The current pace of the game is very slow as you have to click the next button way too many times before proceeding to a next phase so you may want to condense a few steps. The match three gameplay isn't bad and having to control three characters at once adds some depth but all in all there really isn't a lot to it, is there? Also it gets really annoying when everyone already has their tops off but all that there is in the table is tops cards.

As for name I'm just as bad as you are if not worse but let's see... Outmatch, Take Off, Stripmatch or something. =/

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Is it okay if I help test it?

I tend to like any of your games, so I would love to try it.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
I gave it a shot, and played 2 games.

The only issue or confusing thing I had, was that I couldn't figure out when I was able to use cards.

Half of the time playing both games, on my turn I had to do the "do nothing" option even if I had cards.

HHSF

Apr 2, 2016
The only issue or confusing thing I had, was that I couldn't figure out when I was able to use cards.

Half of the time playing both games, on my turn I had to do the "do nothing" option even if I had cards.

This was my experience as well. The concept is good but needs more clarity on when cards are playable and what could be limiting their use.

It would also help to make it clearer who is who for selection, perhaps instead of just names on the side they could have a closeup of their face. I know I was able to select the name and get the full character view but it would help if that extra step was not required to identify them.

A little backstory would be nice, something about who suggested the game and why they all agree to it.

Name...name...Strip Team, could come up with something better if there is some more backstory :)