Locked into oxonium hunt?

jonpro02

Aug 12, 2020
Recent beginner with TiTS here, and I've kind of screwed myself over and need to know if there's any way to salvage things.
Basically, I began Penny's oxonium hunt quest at level 4 and no matter what I try cannot defeat the Ziltraps, effectively locking myself in this cave forever. I've searched for a way to try and possibly remedy this, and the closest I've gotten is learning about the idclev cheat and warping back to the shop interior. However doing that makes me unable to begin the oxonium hunt quest again, because the game seems to still think I'm in it. So is there any way I can possibly keep this save file I've put way too much time into, through cheats or otherwise?
My original idea was to use cheats to teleport back to the ship, quickly level up to about 8 to be able to handle the quest, and warp back into the cave to complete the quest, but I cannot find the room I'd of any room in the cave or any posts on how to find specific room IDs. I'd really rather not lose this save file, if possible.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
You could probably use the Save Editor to undefine the relevant Flags and come back to the quest later. To undefine a variable in the Save Editor, highlight it, then press delete or the red X at the top. If a variable is Bold, it isn't Undefined, even if the box is blank.

You could give yourself a bunch of Ero Gas Grenades and EMP Grenades. Venus Zil Traps have a 50% immunity to Drug, but ~20 damage

Alternatively, you could use it to level up and set your stats.

I'm not sure of an easy way to beat the Venus Zil Traps. Heavy Slut Ray + Overcharge or Rapid Fire, maybe? (They're weak to Tease). Their resistance to Drug makes Ero Gas Grenades ineffective. EMP Grenades work wonders on the last fight, though.

Last edited:

Unbeholden

Jul 13, 2019
To leave, use that idclev cheat then enter "SHIP HANGAR"
To get back to the entrance of that area is "PQUEST_U8"

Not sure if it will break the quest logic, I wouldn't imagine so, but keep a backup save before using cheats, as always.

Reactions: Foxxling