Load Save Warning

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Got this message again in #1890:
The save you are attempting to load is older than the current save data format used by the game.
Loading this save may result in odd issues, be aware!
Did this happen to anyone else and how long can we expect it to keep happening? Not much incentive to play through again when your saves are invalidated in a week or two.
Also, my converted Flash saves still load without a warning. Is that intentional and is there a potential problem with those?

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
I'd guess it's just a boilerplate warning and nothing to get concerned about. You'll see it when you load a save made with older versions of the game after each update. Which, as long as the game gets updated regularly, will happen fairly often. In this case it was due to game update from 1814 -> 1890, for the saves made with now current version 1890 it'll pop up when next game version is deployed down the road.

Reactions: Dansky32

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I'd guess it's just a boilerplate warning and nothing to get concerned about.
I hope so, but it would be nice to get official confirmation of that. The confusing thing is I'm certain some updates didn't cause the warning.

Reactions: Dansky32

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
No not from what I've seen. I got that message twice when I saved then reloaded the same file.