Lizard TF: locked out of certain scale colours

Fusioncell

Dec 3, 2020
I'm trying to get red scales but it won't give me anything other than brown, black or white no matter how many times I try. I've also had it happen on a different character where it would give me anything but black scales.

Attachments

• CoC2 Cynthia 10.coc2
    16.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Fusioncell

Dec 3, 2020
All right, I think I've found out why it isn't working. It's because its determined by gender, although I'm not sure why that's the case.

Last edited:

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
All right, I think I've found out why it isn't working. It's because its determined by gender, although I'm not sure why that's the case.
We don't have any lore information on pexighasts, but I imagine it's like some real life lizards where the male lizards will have more diverse colour patterns to attract mates.

Whatever the reason, it does seem to be intentional.

Fusioncell

Dec 3, 2020
We don't have any lore information on pexighasts, but I imagine it's like some real life lizards where the male lizards will have more diverse colour patterns to attract mates.

Whatever the reason, it does seem to be intentional.
I don't really have a problem with the TF having less colour choices because of gender. It's more because 1: scale colour also dictates lip and vagina color (the later of which can't easily be changed) and 2: there are currently no items to easily change scale colour like there are for fur and eyes.

Regardless I've managed to work around it, although it wasn't easy. I just hope that we can get a means of more easily changing scale colour at some point in the future.

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
Regardless I've managed to work around it, although it wasn't easy. I just hope that we can get a means of more easily changing scale colour at some point in the future.
An easy workaround would've been just setting your characters preferred gender to male.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
I'm trying to get red scales but it won't give me anything other than brown, black or white no matter how many times I try. I've also had it happen on a different character where it would give me anything but black scales.
how are you getting white? im trying to get white but i get all the other colors, but not white. been resetting for several hours now, gotten every other color hundreds of times, never white.