List of Jobs & Skills

Quiet Browser

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Being a creator doesn't mean I know every little detail, and unfortunately, one of my blindspots happens to be in the field of classes. Can anyone help me by listing out all of the non-basic (so not Fighter, Scholar or Courtesan) jobs, how/where you unlock them, or the skills each job provides?

I mean, I'm aware that Miranda supposedly can teach a PC the Bruiser class, but I don't know how to find her teaching scene? Likewise, I've heard of a Cheer skill, but I don't know which class provides it.

Digital Terror

Feb 12, 2016
Cheer is part of the Scholar job, mastered at level 8 scholar.

There is a list of all the classes currently in the game, and what abilities each has found at http://wiki.smutosaur.us/Fall_of_Eden

The only goof I've seen on there is that the Mystic 'thorn' spell links to the Mage 'Surge' skill instead of it's own page.

How to unlock the various classes are also listed on that site.

Many classes, such as bruiser, are not yet implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quiet Browser

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
How do you get Bruiser, though? The wiki talks about it being learned from Miranda at the Barracks, but I've never been able to find her there. She's always either at a gate or in the tavern.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I have never found no rhyme or reason, just checked github it is under the spar option and the only requirement I can find is the Lvl4 fighter one otherwise she just mocks you. I guess spar is just a very rare encounter. Mainly I just pop my head in the barracks door when passing

Available jobs:Fighter (MASTER)Scholar (MASTER)Courtesan: level 7 (exp 35/640)Bruiser: level 7 (exp 10/1280)Rogue: level 6 (exp 406/640)Ranger: level 6 (exp 299/640)Mage: level 5 (exp 121/320)Mystic: level 6 (exp 20/640)Healer: level 6 (exp 23/640)Hypnotist: level 5 (exp 464/640)

just so you can see I ain't fibbing

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well meeting her at barracks not at gate is quite challanging at least for me. I always need waste up to week of constant visiting Rigard to meet her at Barracks. But when I do it's not problem then to get to Bruiser training. Hint: when she talk about giving her blowjob for a training and even meantion doing it right there when others soldiers could see it you at the right option ;) (thou it even if MC agree to all of that always getting away without doing it actualy - and I think Miranda complains over it)

Well I also got list of MC jobs that shows Bruiser and it's even like 2-3 build ago already one

Available jobs:
Fighter (MASTER)
Scholar: level 1 (exp 0/10)
Courtesan: level 1 (exp 0/10)
Bruiser (MASTER)
Rogue: level 7 (exp 728/1280)
Ranger: level 1 (exp 10/20)
Mage: Requires Scholar lvl 3.
Mystic: Requires Scholar lvl 3.
Healer: Requires Scholar lvl 3.

Well that just lvl 24 one and I think it was just before final Lagon showdown (at that point only Lagon and Drake was left unbeaten but won't show lvl 40 MC jobs...it too boring with all of them at (MASTER) lvl ^^) Speaking of seems your MC Akhter is pretty nice lvl-ed. Which lvl it's if I may ask?

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
IIRC, You get Bruiser from Miranda. You get Rouge from Cale. You get Ranger from Estevan. You get Mage from Magnus when Scholar is leveled up. You get Mystic and Healer from Jeanne when Mage is leveled up I think.  You get Hypnotist as well from her when you level the previous two with Mage to a certain level.

Patrick R. Key

Nov 20, 2015
Well meeting her at barracks not at gate is quite challanging at least for me. I always need waste up to week of constant visiting Rigard to meet her at Barracks. 

Same with me, it just seems to be a random chance of triggering. But IIRC, in all of my playthroughs I only saw her there in the morning. So I'd stick to trying to find her around that time.

Nilam

Aug 28, 2015
How do you get Bruiser, though? The wiki talks about it being learned from Miranda at the Barracks, but I've never been able to find her there. She's always either at a gate or in the tavern.

She spends a day at Rigard's gate, a day at the Peasant's gate and then chills for a day at the Barracks, from 7:00-19:00 each day. Basically if she isn't at the Barracks when you're searching for her just wait a day or two. If you start a new game, I recommend sparring with her until you're a level 4 Fighter and learn to be a Bruiser before you even start any of the quests. She is going to kick your ass repeatedly, which will increase her subDom, but honestly that sound like a win win to me (except for the part where I lose over and over again). 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
You get Mage from Magnus when Scholar is leveled up. You get Mystic and Healer from Jeanne when Mage is leveled up I think.

If I not wrong all 3 magic jobs can be gained either from Magnus or Jeanne. So I usualy ending up unlocking them with Magnus help since Jeanne req a lil bit lvl-ing up to get to her so she then only helping me with getting Hypnotist :/

Digital Terror

Feb 12, 2016
If I not wrong all 3 magic jobs can be gained either from Magnus or Jeanne. So I usualy ending up unlocking them with Magnus help since Jeanne req a lil bit lvl-ing up to get to her so she then only helping me with getting Hypnotist :/

I have never found no rhyme or reason, just checked github it is under the spar option and the only requirement I can find is the Lvl4 fighter one otherwise she just mocks you. I guess spar is just a very rare encounter. Mainly I just pop my head in the barracks door when passing

Available jobs:Fighter (MASTER)Scholar (MASTER)Courtesan: level 7 (exp 35/640)Bruiser: level 7 (exp 10/1280)Rogue: level 6 (exp 406/640)Ranger: level 6 (exp 299/640)Mage: level 5 (exp 121/320)Mystic: level 6 (exp 20/640)Healer: level 6 (exp 23/640)Hypnotist: level 5 (exp 464/640)

just so you can see I ain't fibbing

This would be why I had thought Bruiser was not imped yet...I could never get the spar option from her at all.  When is she found in the barracks?  I waited an entire day 1 hour at a time and never saw her.

IIRC, You get Bruiser from Miranda. You get Rouge from Cale. You get Ranger from Estevan. You get Mage from Magnus when Scholar is leveled up. You get Mystic and Healer from Jeanne when Mage is leveled up I think.  You get Hypnotist as well from her when you level the previous two with Mage to a certain level.

All 3 basic magic jobs are obtained from Magnus at the same time.  Jeanne provides 3 advanced magic jobs once you have a combined level 9 with the 3 basics, but only Hypno is currently available.  I don't remember what other 2 jobs she tells you are unlocked though.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
All 3 basic magic jobs are obtained from Magnus at the same time.  Jeanne provides 3 advanced magic jobs once you have a combined level 9 with the 3 basics, but only Hypno is currently available.  I don't remember what other 2 jobs she tells you are unlocked though.

She offers 5 jobs: Elementalist, Warlock, Runic Knight, Hypnotist, Eromancer.

Digital Terror

Feb 12, 2016
Elementalist and Warlock were the other 2 I remember her mentioning, but I don't remember seeing Eromancer or Runic Knight.  Now I'm going to have to start a new character again just to see what she says for certain! 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Jeanna is pericular since her talk option imply she DO unlock more than one job for MC but in fact it only unlock Hypnotist. Others job you will see she SHOULD unlock she not unlocking (well I would say Alder just not removed this piece of code but seeing recent changes on Trello 2 of those jobs should be added in next build ;) ).

So I never bothered about it knowing it's Alder decision to not correct this talk option since sooner or later he WILL add those all meantioned jobs (and then again changing talk option to add notifications about them would be unneded work after first removing then adding again references to those 4 jobs), just a small oddity of FoE when npc meantioning about jobs unlocked that will be really unlocked in future but said npc already meantioning unlocking them :p

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Elementalist and Warlock were the other 2 I remember her mentioning, but I don't remember seeing Eromancer or Runic Knight.  Now I'm going to have to start a new character again just to see what she says for certain! 

Well, you always cen look into source... Unless you need some excuse to start new character, that is :)

Digital Terror

Feb 12, 2016
Knowing how to get Miranda to Spar and unlock bruiser is enough to keep my current character occupied for good bit longer.  Need more magic jobs implemented though...I've always preferred caster classes, so that's what my character is...master of all 4 currently available magic jobs and now stuck dabbling in the brutish physical jobs.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Warlock and Runic Knight is atm seems to be alder aim for 0.4s build to be included. As for Bruiser you need to check Rigard barracks for a few days. As if at first day she won't be thee after checking at 2-3 diff time of the day chance she will still show up are really low. So as I said I usauly spending 3-7 days before I meet her at barracks not gate (not remember what time I usualy checking but I think it some between 11-15 each day). Hopefully it would help you find her finaly (but still I think you will need to 'hunt' for her at barracks for a few days).

Nilam

Aug 28, 2015
This would be why I had thought Bruiser was not imped yet...I could never get the spar option from her at all.  When is she found in the barracks?  I waited an entire day 1 hour at a time and never saw her

She spends a day at Rigard's gate, a day at the Peasant's gate and then chills for a day at the Barracks, from 7:00-19:00 each day. Basically if she isn't at the Barracks when you're searching for her just wait a day or two.

Am I the only one here that knows when and where I can find all the characters? You're making me feel like a stalker :/

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Runic Knight's presumably the usual Mage/Fighter hybrid, but what's the Warlock about?

Yes.

Runic Knights buff their weapon to do additional damage of various types (Dark/light and Frost/Fire) [handy against things with either physical immunities or elemental weaknesses]

Warlocks are Dark Magic users who do dark damage, vampiric attacks and curse debuffs

So perfect for anyone whose laugh starts "Moo-Ha-Ha!"

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Hmm, Runic Knight might have a niche if they go ahead with brainfarts like making physical immune dungeons.

Warlock seems likely to suffer both from poor DPR that magic classes have, and from bosses being immune to any debuff worth inflicting.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Only buff their weapons...dang and I wished their will buff their armors too (oh well maybe some other job in FoE will have some armor related buffing skills ^^). As for Warlock...we will live and then we will see if this would be weak or not so weak job for MC and it merry team ^^

Speaking of phys immune crypts I hope we more meantion them here and there something of that kind will be added to the game. That would be some difference from: press Grand Slam, press normal attack, press Heal/AoE heal/normal attack, press Backstab/Swift/normal attack, press Frenzy, press Triple attack, repeat ^^ (that I was giving on example of whole team actions more or less so thus I do needed throw some magic related stuff for Kiai turn xD)

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
There should be more math exposed, because player has no idea how effective certain skill/attack is and which one he should use. This is especially problemathic since there are lots of skills with similiar effects. You can only guess that more expensive skills or skills which take longer to cast are more powerful.

Patrick R. Key

Nov 20, 2015
There should be more math exposed, because player has no idea how effective certain skill/attack is and which one he should use. This is especially problemathic

I see what you did there. But what exactly did you mean by there being more math exposed? Do you mean that there should be information on each skill's power within the game itself?

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I see what you did there. But what exactly did you mean by there being more math exposed? Do you mean that there should be information on each skill's power within the game itself?

As minimum. Ideally, each skill should have in description:
- How it's power is calculated, which stats you should invest to get it more effective. If there are several, which gives more.
- Which stats and statuses can provide defense from this skill.
- It's actual current power for current character (to straightforwardly compare with other skills).
- If skill has special effects, describe them (how long they 'll last, what exactly they do for not obvious cases, chance to inflict them, how your/target stats can alter effect).

There already are... How much, 30 skills and spells? And each job adds more. It isn't good, since you'll likely use no more than 2-6 of them (single attack, aoe attack, few control skills, few support skills). The other skills would be either obsolete after obtaining more strong skills of the same type or from "weird" cathegory of skills which are good on paper but never worth to be actually used. Let's look into magic:

Surge (Cost: 5SP , Cast time: instant): Weak non-elemental magic, single target.
Fireball (Cost: 10SP , Cast time: 75): Fire magic, single target.
Freeze (Cost: 10SP , Cast time: 70): Ice magic, single target.
Bolt (Cost: 10SP , Cast time: 60): Thunder magic, single target.
Eruption (Cost: 30SP , Cast time: 110): Fire magic, targets all enemies.
Thorn (Cost: 15SP , Cast time: 75): Nature magic, single target.
Spray (Cost: 10SP , Cast time: 50): Water magic, single target.
Spire (Cost: 10SP , Cast time: 70): Bashing earth magic, single target.
Gust (Cost: 10SP , Cast time: 50): Slashing wind magic, single target.
Venom (Cost: 15SP , Cast time: 50): Poisons single target.
Stalagmite (Cost: 30SP , Cast time: 120): Earth magic, single target.

So, we have Surge as obvious replacement of basic attack (yet costing sp and being weak), one AoE skill (Eruption) and 9 (nine) skills of the same type - single-target direct damage. Which one to use? Why the hell we need 9 skills? Is nature magic and poison magic same or different? Is water magic and ice magic different? What is difference between Spire and Stalagmite? What is "cast time", how it would affect move order? Are magic skills affected by equipment? We can only guess.

Physical is a bit better... A bit. They actually have effect description, but...

Bash (Cost: 10SP , Cast time: instant): Stun effect, low accuracy.
Pierce (Cost: 10SP , Cast time: instant): Bypass defenses.
D.Attack (Cost: 25SP , Cast time: instant): Perform two low accuracy hits.
Provoke (Cost: 15SP , Cast time: instant): Try to provoke the enemy to focus on you. Single target.
T.Attack (Cost: 60SP , Cast time: instant): Perform three low accuracy hits.
Crushing.S (Cost: 25HP 10SP , Cast time: instant): Crushing strike that deals massive damage, with high chance of stunning. Slight recoil effect.
Focus strike (Cost: 50SP , Cast time: instant): Bypass defenses.
Ensnare (Cost: 20SP , Cast time: instant): Slows down an enemy by throwing a net at them.
Hamstring (Cost: 20SP , Cast time: instant): Nicks the target, making a lingering wound.
Set trap (Cost: 50SP , Cast time: 100): Sets a trap for an enemy.
Swift (Cost: 25SP , Cast time: instant): Briefly boosts the caster's speed.
Grand Slam (Cost: 50SP , Cast time: instant): Stun effect, low accuracy to multiple targets.

Ok, Grand Slam is straightforward AoE. The only question - is is better or worse than Eruption? More SP cost, but instant and stunning... Can only guess. Pierce and Focus strike - they have exactly same description. Set trap - wtf is it? Swift - how much is it boosted, what does it means by speed? Act more frequently, dodge attacks bonus, or something else? What is "briefly"? Hamstring - what is "lingering wound", damage over time, stats debuff or something else? How heavy is it? Are physical skills affected by equipment? Again, we can only guess.

When we are attacking, we have no idea if we used right type of attack. There should be some sort of "sense" to approximate target's resistances, or at least some hint about how effective attack was - did we hit weak spot, or tried something target especially protected from?

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Would a visible initiative score help so you could see if you could get a casting time in before the opponent acts?

Damage not shown as a total but split into its components, so you can see if that flame sword is cutting it?

Are these the sort of things you are looking for?

Or fuller descriptions if you hover over an ability?

Just trying to help you crystallize your demands

Is nature magic and poison magic same or different? Is water magic and ice magic different? What is difference between Spire and Stalagmite?

Nature magic is a damaging type attack (probably good against some undead and bad against an Ent)

Poison inflicts venom status that damages over time and may leave you KO (which is bad)

Water magic-hit by bucket loads of water (may drench you leaving you susceptible to thunder and Ice)

Ice magic- cold attack that may freeze you (freeze slows the victim)

Spire- quicker slightly less damage

Stalagmite- slower slightly more damage with a slight armor piercing thing (reduces defense) so for your tougher opponent

Don't get started on the attack vs defense thing it makes my eyes cross

Why the hell we need 9 skills?

So you party can do combo attacks such as

Spray (cast time 50 to drench[ increasing damage and likelihood of status affliction) with  Freeze (cast time 60 to freeze) then Bolt (cast time 70 to numb) stacking the status things (opponent will be slowed and miss some actions)

unfortunately as drench is not yet implemented this presently can't be done (WIP ) 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Would a visible initiative score help so you could see if you could get a casting time in before the opponent acts?

Damage not shown as a total but split into its components, so you can see if that flame sword is cutting it?

Or fuller descriptions if you hover over an ability?

We should see the new move order for the case we use ability x.

Yes, as minimal. Perfectly to see how much % of damage we inflicted compared to target without resistances/vulnerablities.

And, OFC, descriptions in tooltips too!

Nature magic is a damaging type attack (probably good against some undead and bad against an Ent)

Poison inflicts venom status that damages over time and may leave you KO (which is bad)

Water magic-hit by bucket loads of water (may drench you leaving you susceptible to thunder and Ice)

Ice magic- cold attack that may freeze you (freeze slows the victim)

Spire- quicker slightly less damage

Stalagmite- slower slightly more damage with a slight armor piercing thing (reduces defense) so for your tougher opponent

Don't get started on the attack vs defense thing it makes my eyes cross

So you party can do combo attacks such as

Spray (cast time 50 to drench[ increasing damage and likelihood of status affliction) with  Freeze (cast time 60 to freeze) then Bolt (cast time 70 to numb) stacking the status things (opponent will be slowed and miss some actions)

unfortunately as drench is not yet implemented this presently can't be done (WIP ) 

So, nature magic is here in place of iconic holy light? How we should guess it? In many games poison and nature damage are the same thing.

So, poison is DoT, ok. Which type of damage it has? Own or nature?

Combos... They sound as good idea, with one flaw - balancing them out would be another circle of hell.

Oh, also... Does cast time based on any stat? If no, this makes physical attacks superior by design since they are instant. If yes, it would screw combos.