Libido reduction item?

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
I know there's sometimes a general objection against having this kind of thing. Sort of a "you've made your bed - now lie in it". But considering the general lack of true mechanical benefits/drawbacks for libido at any level, my experience playing a high libido character was more like "Having to masturbate every six or so steps is annoying." I ended up spending something like 30 days grinding that sex scene in Uveto, and the entire time I was thinking "there must be a better way"

So, I dunno. Around 5k, takes off two or three points, you can't bring it lower than whatever that score you start the game with was? That seems fair. Lash could sell it, considering he only has like, two items in his shop right now. Thing is, I've never written anything before in my life. I'd be okay with giving it a hand - maybe something like this, although it seems kinda bland?

Vial X: This is a formula supposed to reduce libido. Its commercial distribution is currently banned, due to lack of scientific testing and concerns about the effect it may have on the natural reproductive cycles of races.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I know there's sometimes a general objection against having this kind of thing. Sort of a "you've made your bed - now lie in it".

You got not exactly right. It's not per se objection to such item existing. It's more about that many peple talked about such item in past in many threads and all those talks not ended up with anyone wiritng such item. As this item can be written but none of wirters yet get together to start write libido lowering item.

So go give it a try to write such item. And put your work in gdoc so others can help you with it by making qc/suggestion for edits/etc.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Dude, go for it. Anything beats a mast fest to lower libido or grinding some of the more intense scenes in the game to lower your lib.

To make an item that does one thing and one thing only which is just a stat lowering thing is ridiculously easy to do, at most you'll write two maybe three paragraphs if you're inclined on detail and even then they'll not be that long. Considering lash is against sex in general, he'll likely sell it to people dirt cheap if they haven't pissed him off yet.

Reactions: ShySquare and Kesil

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yeah it's one of easier way to get into writing for the game. And one of paths that noone yet take despite it been waiting for months. Or maybe all people that writing TF's feel that lib lowering item is least important tf to write that they will do after all others more "interesting" in their opinions tf's will be done.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Thank you so much for your encouragement. I'll see if I can figure out and write up something. My biggest concern about this is the potential to create inconsistencies in canon? I know we have a couple different characters/races who really struggle with their libido, so having an item that can just casually reduce it seems like it could be an issue. Heck - if I recall correctly, Lash's whole thing on Tarkus is his wanting to figure out a way to reduce the Ruskval libido.

It seems like the best way to go about things would be to create an item that is illegal to distribute commercially, and expensive/difficult to mass-produce? That seems like it ought to pad up most of the potential plot holes?

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
You could also make its likeliness of reducing libido, or its effectiveness limited by how low libido already is. So if you are at max libido it always reduces libido but at 50% its effects are weaker and less likely.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
You could also make its likeliness of reducing libido, or its effectiveness limited by how low libido already is. So if you are at max libido it always reduces libido but at 50% its effects are weaker and less likely.

Yeah. That's basically what I was considering. Larger effects for a higher libido, and by the time you get it down to like 20 you're only taking 1 off, and at 10 you start getting dud uses. You definitely wouldn't be able to use it and bring your libido any lower than whatever the starting value was. Something like 3, I think?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Frigdick.

Nah that's actually stupid.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
If you do write this item, I have an idea for the name: Chill Pill.

Ooh! That's really clever. I like it! (That is, I'm assuming the fact that you posted here means I'm allowed to use it, right? Or are you just flaunting your wittiness?) I was initially thinking of doing it as just "Test Tablet XY0" or something - going off the idea of it as something Lash totally cooked up in his basement and therefore it doesn't get sold commercially. (I really am worried about accidentally breaking the meta of every character who's based off of the "help I took mods and am constantly horny my life is terrible" premise.)

But as I was typing this up, I realized I could probably just do it as some poor smaller company who made the pill and then had a huge public smear campaign set up against them by sex-based companies who were worried about losing sales. And maybe also governments worried about population decline? Pay enough people to say "I took Chill Pill, it didn't work, and also it gave me cancer" - and suddenly nobody's gonna take the risk of buying or selling it.

So in other words: I'm a really slow writer, but this is something I intend to do, up until the point where somebody bursts in and says "I already wrote this item, and it's way better than anything you could ever come up with."

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
LimpStick is so much better than Chill Pill though! A shame it's not gender neutral though.

Vio

Feb 24, 2017
LimpStick is so much better than Chill Pill though! A shame it's not gender neutral though.
Maybe instead of libido-reducing lipstick ('cause I'm assuming you'd imagine the item to be lipstick), it could be libido-reducing chapstick?

@toritoritori and yeah you can use it

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Actually I was referring to the word "limp", haha.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015

Yeah, pretty much that. Gotta have something gender neutral. I just don't feel like writing a second item for vagina-havers called "LimpClit" or something.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
In the end it will be thing you wirte so we all could at best throw our more or less interesting ideas for name in cse you would want change it from Chill Pill. So keet the aim in your sight and write, write, write it ^^

Zat

Dec 18, 2016
Lithuania
I am so sorry, but to me that just sounds like a cold damage weapon.

I've actually pretty much fallen in love with Chill Pill as a name already. It's catchy, punny, and fits with the fact that I wanted it to be a pill in the first place.

Sure. If it is something you like, stick with it.

Vio

Feb 24, 2017
What about Downer(s)? Like actual downers, such as Xanax or Valium, get it? Haha, I'm hysterical.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yes you're lil bit hysterical. A still healthy does of it. And for name idea...let see what would OP say about your Vio.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Or he will just got with making two items instead of one ^^

(But in this case Chill Pill will make me think about something related to cold - I know chill may mean calm down but can also mean to feel cold aka I'm so on fire cuz that enemy so I take chill pill and fire vanish lololol)

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
So, I've been pretty busy, but I've finally finished a basic document for this item, and have posted it over in scene submissions. Thank you for your support, guys.