Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters
D

dirt_code

New level 7 perks below!
PC
Warrior
  • Tough Skin: You gain 20% base resistance to all damage types
  • Cleaving Strikes: Successful Normal Attacks deal 20% of their damage to all other enemies
Thief
  • Perfect Positioning: While wearing no heavy armor, gain +25 evasion, +10 attack power, and +10 crit chance.
  • Eye For Weakness: Negative Combat Effects you apply last for twice as long.
White Mage
  • Righteous Fury: Your weapons and spells deal an extra holy damage equal to 1/2 your willpower on top of their normal damage.
  • Overflowing Health: Criticals with single target healing spells restore 20% of the amount healed to all other allies.
Black Mage
  • Powerful Binding: Your leadership counts as being 25% higher when determining the stats of summons
  • Arcane Penetration: Treat enemies who are not immune to the damage you're dealing as having -15 to all resistances
Charmer
  • Enchanting Acts: Tease deals 20% of its damage to all other enemies
  • Expert Inspiration: Positive Combat Effects you apply last for twice as long

Agnimitra
  • Child of Flame: Whenever you take Fire damage, you recover 21 HP and gain +50 Spellpower for 1 turn.
Arona
Warhides
Chieftain's Bronze
  • Eye For Weakness: Negative Combat Effects you apply last for twice as long.
Spirit Totem
  • Righteous Fury: Your weapons and spells deal an extra holy damage equal to 1/2 your willpower on top of their normal damage.
Berserker
  • ???

Atugia
Knight Set
  • Wellspring: Allies recieve +25% healing from all sources
Berserker Set
  • StormStrikes: Your weapons and spells deal an extra storm damage equal to 1/2 your willpower on top of their normal damage

Azyrran
Hive Knight Set
Honey Maiden's Dress
Dragoon Set
  • Aura of Domination: You reduce all enemies' armor by 20.

Brint / Brienne
Wayfarer's Leathers
  • Cleaving Strikes: Successful Normal Attacks deal 20% of their damage to all other enemies
Arena Armor
Winter Knight Set (Brint)
  • Attention Grabber: Your threat gain is doubled
Pyromancer's Cloth (Brienne)
  • Geomancy: Your abilities treat enemy resistances as being 25 points lower to a minimum of 0.

Cait
Passion Priestess Garb
  • Overflowing Health: Criticals with single target healing spells restore 20% of the amount healed to all other allies.
Sun-Dancer's Silks
Witch Gear
Hexblade Leathers
  • Arcane Penetration: Treat enemies who are not immune to the damage you're dealing as having -15 to all resistances

Etheryn
Outrider's Gear
  • Frozen Flower: Your weapons and spells deal an extra frost damage equal to 1/2 your willpower on top of their normal damage
Queenly Raiment
  • Expert Inspiration: Positive Combat Effects you apply last for twice as long

Kiyoko
  • Geomancy: Your abilities treat enemy resistances as being 25 points lower to a minimum of 0.
Quintillus
Ex-Cultist Armor
Hopknight Set
  • Attention Grabber: Your threat gain is doubled

Viviane
  • Lasting Casting: Effects you apply last 50% longer.

Thoughts on level 7? Have they changed the way you build your character?
I'm pleasantly surprised that they gave us perk options. The Thief options seem solid, Perfect Positioning looks nice for a dodge tank and Eye for Weakness's double debuff duration is bonkers. Warrior's new perks fall into boring but practical for me. White Mage's Righteous Fury and Black Mage's Arcane Penetration seem like good options for gishes, but I don't see myself using their alternative perks. Charmer's Expert Inspiration is interesting in the same way EfW is but the pool of powers that can use it seems smaller. Like Bark Skin and Blessing are the only two I can think of off the top of my head that would work with it.

As for companions, the new perks seem great at either improving what they were good at already or offsetting weaknesses they had. The one disappointment I've had is that Brienne's Embers doesn't proc Agni's Child of Flame when Agni uses Cauterize on Brienne. I'm also a bit jealous that companions can mix perks from different classes that have synergy like Spirit!Arona having Veteran + Righteous Fury and Queen!Ryn having Healer's Hands + Expert Inspiration but I'm hopeful that we'll get that option eventually.

Reactions: Ker0k and Sacremas

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
I play as a warrior so probably Tough Skin
Normal attacks are the secondary option in battle instead of something done each turn so doing a fraction of damage from them to all targets is less valuable than increased resistance to all sorts of harm.

Artemis_H

Jun 3, 2022
Am I the only one having trouble leveling up? My stat allocation points are in the negatives and the "Confirm" button is grayed out.

Artemis_H

Jun 3, 2022
Have you edited your save in any way prior to this patch?
I did load my save into the CoC2Editor ages ago in a much older version, but I ultimately ended up not actually making any real changes. And my saves stemming from that one have worked fine ever since.

Artemis_H

Jun 3, 2022
I really hope that's not the problem because I'd be unable to use pretty much all my current saves.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Since I didn't answer the original question, it's a tough call because all the new Perks are fun but I ended up voting Eye for Weakness because I have two Thief Champs I run and you can do some amazing things with doubled debuffs. I even briefly class-changed one of my other Champs just to see how far you could push things and the results were amazing.
Assuming that is the problem though, is there any way to repair my save or something?
Does the game give you the warning message that it's detecting that your save is edited when you load it? If so then no, there's nothing you can do and they're going to discard it if you report it as a bug on the assumption that it's something you did while tinkering with your file that's causing the level up system to divide by zero.

If the save editing warning doesn't pop up, then you can report it as a bug.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
Assuming that is the problem though, is there any way to repair my save or something?
Post your save and I'll see what's wrong but given the specific problem you're having, it's almost certain that you changed your attribute values and are now suffering the consequences of that

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Yep, I had added extra stat points and then just never used any Boons for less maintenance bother and got that negative stats to put out, when I loaded save back into editor and removed the extra points, I could level up just fine. So that's pretty sure what's going on there as well.

Titanio

Aug 15, 2020
All the options are good but i wanted to ask, does the perk Expert Inspiration buff the dances/stances of the class? Or just general buffs?.

The perk enhancing acts is good but is utility suffers because there 2 o 3 skills that do aoe tease damage with added effects

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Stances are generally either on or off without a duration that Expert Inspiration can affect. The one exception I can think of is Ranger's Stance and the duration of its secondary effect is doubled from two to four turns.

Edit: Oh yes, Expert Inspiration also considers buffs granted by the special efferts of equipment to be things 'you' cause, so the duration of Cloak of the Deeps' Heal Shield or Shield of Absorption's stat buffs are also doubled even though you didn't directly instigate them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanio

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
I've only really played my warrior based valkyrie bruiser for level 7 and of the 2 options I ultimately went with the resistance up. It's probably my PoE oriented brain speaking here but 20% resistance across the board is huge to me, especially for already having decent damage output and ability options for aoe. I've been using Ashe and a shield but considering throwing Caranbrot back on to see how it plays with the resistance

Shadowcrow00

Mar 11, 2022
Not sure if intended, but Expert Inspiration lets me give my whole party 2 turns of blessed instead of 1. It's rad. I don't see any other worthwhile buffs to capitalize on with it though - song of storms or w/e is ok but it usually lasts for 3 turns anyway which is enough imo.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
That's working as intended, yes. If it is a buff that the Champ applies and it has a duration it gets doubled.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Hey, so, a thought. Kiyoko has 4 sets, with 2 of them even being more defensive focused... but only the one passive?

Griff

Apr 7, 2023
Anybody else having difficulties leveling up, I'm not getting the promt when I sleep at the Inn.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Are you a backer? If so, are you playing one of the versions that's actually updated? The browser version requires you to log in and play from the backers tab and the Steam version only updates to backer builds if you've entered the monthly code.

If you're not a backer, wait a week or two for the next public update which will include all the stuff in the current backers build.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Yeah, the Public build updates (generally) once a month, updates marked Backer are only available for people who support the game on Patreon etc. but all the content in those builds gets added to the next Public one. Here's a visual illustration of how it works.

Griff

Apr 7, 2023
Yeah, the Public build updates (generally) once a month, updates marked Backer are only available for people who support the game on Patreon etc. but all the content in those builds gets added to the next Public one. Here's a visual illustration of how it works.
Thanks, I missed where it said backer

Anonymous Bat

Feb 16, 2023
Expert inspiration sounds extremely tempting, but as much as I love buffing the party I conversely hate playing bard classes (can Viviane please train elemental fury so I'll stop feeling obligated to use song of storms?).

Most likely I'll switch to Black Mage to pick up powerful binding... maybe overflowing health if I end up missing my healer's hands too much.

Edit: Based on the current votes, it looks as though not many others like to play pure support Champions. :gedthinkies:

Last edited:

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of people who like perfect positioning
Seems logical to me, if you are playing a thief then you probably aren't going to wear [heavy] armour. And the stat bonuses to dodge, attack power and crit chance are better for bringing fights to an end quickly than status effects lasting longer.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Most the time when I'm exploiting weaknesses on my thieves, I'm exploiting the weaknesses of someone else, and prefer to load up my thieves with just the most damaging abilities available. Hence Perfect Positioning makes much more sense to me.

Naturally, damage dealers get all the glory. Thats why thief class is best class.
I don't know, I feel like Charmer is the exception, I love most of the other abilities on all the other classes (even if the 20 % cleave or heal is a bit boring) but the Charmer just feels a bit... meh in comparison. I would have vastly preferred something like critical tease effects or tease effects that take off 1/2 of the target's health or more will also stun or stagger the target for 1 round or the like. I don't know, I've had misgivings about the Charmer since Resolve got removed, and while the Sexiness cap being removed/reworked is appreciated, it still feels a bit weak compared to just being a Black Mage that also drops the occasional Allure.

erectorz

Aug 8, 2021
Surprised there is so little love for righteous fury, its effect applies to offhand weapons and when using something like cleave you'd apply that damage twice.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Surprised there is so little love for righteous fury, its effect applies to offhand weapons and when using something like cleave you'd apply that damage twice.
That was my vote, just because Holy damage is so nice, and adding direct damage boost to White Mage makes it step closer to the Paladin I wish it could be, without just making a Warrior with Smite.

Afier

Sep 4, 2015
I'm playing a leadership focused black mage, and it's kind of nuts. All of my summons are crazy striong with powerful binding, to the point that the Flame Knight has roughly the same health as Pyro Brinne (who has almost 600 health, I have almost 400, with no investment in toughness), and hits almost as hard as Spirit Totem Arona (no seriously I saw a 400+damage crit against a demon, they have fire resistance).