Let's rank party members lore-power wise

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
Highly debatable, opinions may differ, I'll start with mine;

Mc: Wild Card, highly adaptable. right place, right time caused their form to become incredibly malleable. incredibly gifted in combat or bringing out the best in others, possibility to make friends with some of the strongest existences in the universe and form give and take power relationships, or possible to hitch a ride to become one. the person with the most capability of deciding whether the world is protected or becomes corrupted, and what form that world takes. only real notable flaws are (for now) a natural lifespan, and you could also theoretically just piss off every strong entity and have no friends.

Kiyoko: Fluctuating power, begins incredibly weak-mediocre from deterioration to being a top-class mage, desires and ambition are fairly limited but respectable power regardless. Her power remains a bit of a enigma because plot wise she hasn't really had much of a chance to shine, being late to the party or not seeking them in the first place. By tails alone and judging by most lore can fairly safely assume at minimum she could probably take on any other party member in a hypothetical confrontation and win. with the adaptability of her spells, probably the most even match to the mc. naturally fairly long lifespan(?) as far as I'm aware, however as a kitsune is considered sketchy or a enemy to all others

Agnimitra: ""Immortal"", can die but eventually is reborn through a process, a mix of regeneration and reincarnation. Very powerful mage, knowledgeable, but immortality has begun to be a curse and wear at her mental state. unsure of whether to put her above, below, or equal to kiyoko. Technically very dangerous but just as vulnerable to a "blade in the dark" as anyone else, and is probably weighed down almost as much as gifted mentally than the others. if her immortality continues, could theoretically be one of the strongest organics easily, but would eventually break, particularly depending on whether we get into "is reborn on the planet repeatedly after all other organic life has died".

Atugia: Wild Card. Acts goofy, but more knowledgeable than they let on. Her nature and training seem to put her a step above the rest of the remaining current party. long life span(?)

Quintillus and Berwyn: Very gifted mages in their respective fields, Quint being more talented hand to hand and Berwyn more talented in golems fighting for him. not currently as exceptional as the rest of the party, but less because of their power being weak and more of the others being unnaturally powerful. however with quints manipulation or berwyns puppetry, for the most part they dont directly have to be.

The Rest: Arona, Azyrran, Bribri, Cait, and Etheryn are all fairly unexceptional compared to the rest imo. (lore power wise not character wise)
arona azyrran and bribri are very talented combatants, but they just dont have the ridiculous powers of the mages or the natural advantage of atugia. when paired with them they become great, but not alone. cait is a emotional support nurse. etheryn however is a bit of a wild card herself however, considering the blessing she receives after the catacombs and her room for growth and lifespan, along with her leadership role, she probably fluxes a couple tiers up depending on if shes supported or abused and her growth as a person. possibilty for good charisma, good leadership, and widespread supporting spells with a available army is pretty solid.

But these are all my opinions and will probably flux heavily with berwyns coming update and progression of questlines. Please share any of your own opinions. (Again not ranked on character wise, they're all pretty solid characters, especially if they eventually receive equal attention)

TheShepard256

I'd say Etheryn is actually the most powerful party member. I mean, she's the Queen of the Winter City in all but name: that's an entire nation she's in control of, with the accompanying military, economic and diplomatic assets at her diposal. Granted, it's a small, isolated nation, but the runners-up are either smaller and more isolated or no better than bandits. My full rankings are as follows:
  1. Etheryn, for reasons already stated.
  2. Chief!Arona, because she's the only other direct leader of anything resembling a nation (specifically, the "no better than bandits" one).
  3. Kiyoko, due to being incredibly influential in the Kurokawa den. If she were the de facto leader, I'd place her above Arona because the Kervus tribe is pretty much just a blunt weapon while the den is much more flexible (and probably more willing to engage in diplomacy).
  4. Azyrran, due to her close ties with Queen Nyzerrah of the Hornet Hive and the resulting strings she can pull influence she has.
  5. Temple!Cait. Don't underestimate the influence the owner of a whorehouse (among other things) can have.
  6. Agnimitra, due to everything she's learned over her long existence.
  7. Brint/Brienne, due to being a minotaur berserker and potentially also a mage.
  8. Exiled!Arona, for still being a strong fighter.
  9. Atugia, for a similar reason to Agni. She's lower because she's existed for less time and seems to have been more sheltered during that time.
  10. Cait if the temple is never built, as she's not really a fighter and the only influence she has is through her father (who himself doesn't seem to be particularly powerful or influential). If it weren't for the latter, she'd be second-to-last.
  11. Quintillus. He's got some assassin training IIRC and lust magic, but nothing too special.
  12. Berwyn. He has some magic training, but that training was deliberately sabotaged by his teacher.
  13. Bimbo!Azzy if the Hive is irreversibly bimbofied, as she's not even competent enough to be a companion.
Of course, the Champion is the most powerful of them all, what with having influence with all of the above (particularly the top four) as well as Hawkethorne and the centaur and marefolk villages, plus more locations/powers/factions as the story progresses. Becoming the Champion of a particular deity also wouldn't hurt, if they decide to become so.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Quinn technically has the most powerful techniques if I remember right. It is some kind of mind rape magic that will put champion into a comma (guaranteed?) or something if they try to corrupt him if I remember right. Now If my memory is good, it puts some sort of strain on him but for all intense and purpose it is one shot move. Wonder if it could destroy Kass. Now, does that make him the most powerful mage/person in the party or a one time Nuke I do not know.

Last edited:
Reactions: UndyingRevenant

VVV

Sep 15, 2020
I'd say Etheryn is actually the most powerful party member. I mean, she's the Queen of the Winter City in all but name: that's an entire nation she's in control of
I think he meant power levels/feats of strength. Like someone having a scene where they can smash boulders or something.

Reactions: Animalistic

TheShepard256

I think he meant power levels/feats of strength. Like someone having a scene where they can smash boulders or something.
"Power" can be interpreted multiple different ways. Physical strength is one, obviously, as is magical ability. I used a broader interpretation that's a mix between "the ability to achieve a desired outcome using anything at one's disposal" and "the scale at which one's actions can make a significant impact"; that includes the ability to get other people to do things for you, which would naturally advantage those who have a lot of people to call upon for such things.

I can do a physical strength tier list, too:
  1. Brint/Brienne, due to being the largest, most muscular and second most aggressive (combat-wise, not personality-wise).
  2. Arona, as the most aggressive but falling short of Brint/Brienne physique-wise.
  3. Azyrran
  4. Atugia, the last of the four warriors, but her physical strength is augmented by magic so she's the lowest of the bunch.
  5. Etheryn: it takes a significant amount of strength to wield a bow and/or a spear taller than you are, as well as carry a war-bird on your forearm.
  6. Agnimitra
  7. Quintillus
  8. Cait
  9. Berwyn
  10. Viviane
  11. Kiyoko. She's incredibly frail in every department other than childbirth.
The Champion could reasonably be anywhere except the first and last spots on this list.

Also, I forgot to include Viviane in my original list because I forgot she's slated to be a companion. I'd place her between Agni and Brint, due to her in-depth magic knowledge.

Spidereggs

Sep 4, 2021
Arguably, any one of them can ask the Champion to do something for them and as the player character, off we go completing the quest - so each and every one of them has the considerable power of the Champ at their disposal.

VVV

Sep 15, 2020
I can do a physical strength tier list, too:
Again, you're missing the point since he establishes what he means pretty clearly with his examples. He means general combat capability in terms of skill, durability, attack potency, speed, and the like. Not just one aspect or a nebulous political power. Not even necessarily how they'd do in battle compared to each other because I'm sure most of them taking a well placed axe or arrow to the brain would die.

I think it's a pretty obvious power scaling thread.