lets pull the Ol'switcheroo with portraits and maps

Lunarl Mune

Apr 4, 2018
Ok lets start off with the fact I don't have a One Damned clue if this is do able or not in this stage of development but have ya thought about reversing the map area with the portraits?
The map area is always gonna be roughly 5 steps by 7 steps granted its nice when the area is small and the routes fit but they could be better, now how the portraits fit into this is most are much larger than what the image we get is and most of it is blocked by OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE PRINT of what you're looking at or talking to with the only way to see it in its entirety is through the settings tab in the box so why not switch them around?
Seems easy in concept to me but why not move the portraits to the bigger window and map to the smaller more focused box with a tap that pops open the entire map on that settings thingy, that make sense at all?

Lunarl Mune

Apr 4, 2018
so your response is basically to shit a link out into threads about how nothing posted in the ideas area will ever come to pass while knowing full well anyone posting here is doing so with the knowledge of that to begin with?
Lets have a slow clap for Captain Obvious, people

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Admittedly the Ideas subforum is perhaps misnamed.

The long and the short of it is this; no writer is ever going to come to this subforum looking for ideas that someone has gone "I have an idea and here it is! You guys make it!"

That's not going to happen.

The whole philosophy of this part of the forum is "You think it, you make it".

Otherwise we'd have hundreds of more pages filled with ideas that will never get done, all the while legitimate ideas get lost.

If you have an idea for something you'd like to see, then check out the "Content You'd Like to See" thread in the main TiTS section.

Reactions: cyo and Kesil

Shiranui

Apr 6, 2017
Admittedly the Ideas subforum is perhaps misnamed.

The long and the short of it is this; no writer is ever going to come to this subforum looking for ideas that someone has gone "I have an idea and here it is! You guys make it!"

That's not going to happen.

The whole philosophy of this part of the forum is "You think it, you make it".

Otherwise we'd have hundreds of more pages filled with ideas that will never get done, all the while legitimate ideas get lost.

If you have an idea for something you'd like to see, then check out the "Content You'd Like to See" thread in the main TiTS section.
Yer it should probably be renamed to something like "Pre-writing/commitment gauge community interest" forum or something cause that's basically what it is designated as. The thing is submissions also does that aswell.

"Hey I plan to write XXXXX what does everyone think of it/is it OK to write about. Here is a outline of what it will include."

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
The exception to the above is ideas for purely mechanical changes to the game. If you have ideas that would improve the way the game works, combat balance, class features, etc., this is the place to put them up for discussion.
While I don't care for this idea, I'm pretty sure this is the right area.
It's a suggested change to how the game displays things rather than an idea for a new npc/event/area.