Learning the traditional kitsune language?

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
Pretty much as the title goes. I can't seem to find it any answers on the forum, so I'm sorry if it has already been brought up in the past. I realize this question is mainly aimed at The Observer as the primary writer for the kitsune content with a few side characters being the exception, but if anyone has seen any confirmation about this feel free to give an answer as well. As someone who's in love with the kitsune content in the game (Which may admittedly be due to the absence of any other semi god related content, but I doubt my love for it will change even when some of the other gods get some content to fill out their potential champion status), I figured as much of a fish out of water as the champion is in kitsune society, that the next natural progression for them would be for Kiyoko to at least teach them the language and potentially some barebones knowledge about their society as a whole, so that the player can integrate a bit more with their adopted race. I realize that the champion will always be a bit of an outsider due to them not having been born as a kitsune, but it would be great to see them become a bigger part of the colony in a way that goes beyond just being strictly due to their status as the chosen champion of Keros. This to me especially makes sense on the Kinu route where she follows in her mothers footsteps, if for no other reason than to better get along with her chosen consort, so that it actually feels a bit like the champion can come to some sort of mutual respect with their son-in-law to show more support for the choice that their daughter has made (I haven't gotten to the end of content for this path yet, so that may already happen, so feel free to ignore that part if I'm just talking about things that are already implemented).

Obviously all of this is just my own thoughts on the matter, which is why I came here to try and get some answers that were confirmed. If you read this Observer, and you've already gone into details about it elsewhere, then I completely understand if you don't want to spend a ton of time going over it again. So feel free to point me towards the information, so that I won't have to take away from your time by being one of those people who asks for, and then expects an answer to stuff that's already been stated elsewhere. Don't want to needlessly get in your hair if there's ways to avoid it x3

Edit: Also on a side-not, it would be cool to see more kitsune inspired clothes for the champion. I realize that comes with balancing, but I can't help but want to have an outfit that's aimed towards spellcasters since there's one for thief's and warriors as well. This mostly just stems from my love of old-school Japanese clothing obviously, but as a culture where magic and trickery is the foundation of their religion, it would be nice to see something akin to that for the champ to wear. But that's a minor thing by comparison to the rest of my post, so just figured I'd mention it if nothing else.

Edit-2: This is an entirely different matter, but I also feel like it's kinda pointless how hard the fights are in the Kinu stories. We're meant to get the narrative from her PoV, and I don't want to spend 30 minutes starting over and over again to finally get through them. Her leaving after you fail makes it even more tedious since you then have to save prior to starting, so if you want the stories to be this difficult, at least allow the player to start over from the failed fight while giving back what resources that might have been spent doing the failed attempt so we can avoid the save scumming. The fox boss is particularly guilty in this regard since you seemingly have to hold out a number of rounds against him, despite him having the power to literally one-shot you which wastes all the time doing the prior content since you now have to start that over again to get back to him, just for it to happen on repeat until you occasionally get lucky enough to survive long enough. Edit-4: Like honestly, I wanna point this point out again. I've just spent upwards of an hour trying to complete the second mission as the Hime version of Kinu, and I still haven't beaten it yet due to how fucking hard that guy hits. The fact that I then have to spent 5 minutes every time to kill all the minions over again certainly isn't helping. And yes, I'm using items and her abilities to try and stagger him to prevent attacks, and just when I think I have him, he starts out a round with him attacking first and killing me before I can re-stagger him. God it's frustrating. I get he's meant to be impossible to beat from a narrative point of view, but not being able to damage him would get that across sufficiently without him constantly one hitting you.

Edit-3: Oof, I just keep adding to this list don't I? I'm aware that Savin himself writes content for Calise, but it would be super cool to have some sort of interaction with her if you're the champion of Keros. I'd wager that it would be kinda cool to have two champions meet, and was kinda disappointed? Idk, that there wasn't some mutual respect from that between the two of them. I'm obviously aware that they'd be the champion of two pretty different gods, but it would still be cool to see how they would interact on that front, as two people that have achieved what not many people get to ever achieve. Especially the player of course, with how rarely Keros takes on champions of his faith as far as I'm aware.

It's odd how this post need approval to be displayed before it's posted but my other posts don't need that. I figure it's likely due to the length of the post though- or maybe it's edits, what do I know.

Guess this is edit what? 5? Doesn't really matter. I'm pretty sure this is the last I'll add to this post, otherwise I doubt it'll ever actually get approved until the holidays and new years are over. So on the subject of tails! For the champion the number of tails correlates directly to their level minus one, which from a gameplay view makes sense as to not just give the champ all 9 right out of the gate (pun intended). But for Kiyoko, her number of tails go up solely from the number of kits she births and raises? From a lore point of view, is that a trait inherent to den-mothers? Or is it just all of the experience of raising that many kits that culminates into sheer life experience hence the added tails? I guess that would work for Kinu as well to some extend, since she spends a lot of time helping out with the kits growing up, which in turn could explain her having 5 tails at the age of 18-19 while not being the mother herself. Granted I do expect that's also partially due to the traits she's inherited from the champ themselves which made her a protégé. The reason I'm asking is from the view that even as the champion of Keros, the most tails that the champ can currently get/start with is 5, which feels a little underwhelming from a lore perspective when the walking kit-oven can get to 9 just from having her bakery up and running full steam for the champ. Don't get me wrong, if there's lore behind why she can get to 9 tails just from that, then I'm more than willing to accept that there's a difference between her and the champ, but (seemingly) without any form of explanation behind it, it does sorta make the whole champion of Keros title underwhelming, when the wife is at 9 tails before you even get yours in the first place. Especially with everything the champ had been through prior to that point (assuming you beat the centaurs and orcs prior to getting there) which should've accounted for more tails, since that's more than most kitsune ever seemingly do in a lifetime outside of living their normal lives.

Last edited: