KULT

slonique

Apr 1, 2016
Hi guys!
I'd like to introduce to you my game KULT. It's a dungeon crawler with card-based fight system. You play as Alice: redhead secret agent, who is sent to her first mission. Mysterious terrorist organization named KULT captures beautiful girls and turns them into mindless sex slaves. It's all about lesbian sex and domination. The game is inspired by "Rough Landing" RAGS game, so if you played it, you might have a clue what is going on.

Required at least Windows 7 and .NET framework 4.6

Download links are in my blog at https://www.patreon.com/slonique

Last edited:

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
I like the themes you chose, and both the dungeon crawling aspect and the card system are promising, but the game itself is somewhat confusing. Nothing is explained, so you have to piece it all together yourself. A basic explanation of the mechanics would be helpful for new players.

- What is the SUB stat for? It seems only the DOM stat does damage, so why would I want SUB? As well, what's Loyalty for?
- The card descriptions reference someone named Eva, but she doesn't appear to be in the game at all. Likewise, the "KULT" is actually called Hydra in-game.
- Some flavor text to better indicate the mind control or whatever is happening would be nice, to help explain why everyone is suddenly licking each other's shoes and such.
- There's no notification for the player when all the game's content is complete. A brief message would suffice, since I walked around for a while after defeating everyone, thinking I had missed something in the rather same-y layout you used. I can appreciate that it's a tower and will have a limited floor-plan, but it's not an ideal design for future dungeons.
- Game crashes if maximized. This may be an issue with the virtual OS (VirtualBox) I used, since I've encountered this problem before and no one else seemed to be able to replicate it.
- I didn't test this thoroughly, but I believe the description text for your actions doesn't appear until after you've beaten your first opponent (put on the first item of clothing?).
- I'm probably misunderstanding this because I didn't test it extensively, but the dialogue options for talking to the first boss don't seem to appear until you've beaten up her lackies.

Not much else to say here since it's clearly in early development, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:

slonique

Apr 1, 2016
I like the themes you chose, and both the dungeon crawling aspect and the card system are promising, but the game itself is somewhat confusing. Nothing is explained, so you have to piece it all together yourself. A basic explanation of the mechanics would be helpful for new players.

- What is the SUB stat for? It seems only the DOM stat does damage, so why would I want SUB? As well, what's Loyalty for?
- The card descriptions reference someone named Eva, but she doesn't appear to be in the game at all. Likewise, the "KULT" is actually called Hydra in-game.
- Some flavor text to better indicate the mind control or whatever is happening would be nice, to help explain why everyone is suddenly licking each other's shoes and such.
- There's no notification for the player when all the game's content is complete. A brief message would suffice, since I walked around for a while after defeating everyone, thinking I had missed something in the rather same-y layout you used. I can appreciate that it's a tower and will have a limited floor-plan, but it's not an ideal design for future dungeons.
- Game crashes if maximized. This may be an issue with the virtual OS (VirtualBox) I used, since I've encountered this problem before and no one else seemed to be able to replicate it.
- I didn't test this thoroughly, but I believe the description text for your actions doesn't appear until after you've beaten your first opponent (put on the first item of clothing?).
- I'm probably misunderstanding this because I didn't test it extensively, but the dialogue options for talking to the first boss don't seem to appear until you've beaten up her lackies.

Not much else to say here since it's clearly in early development, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Please take a look at the introduction to game mechanics: http://sloniquegames.blogspot.com/2016/04/introduction-to-game-mechanics.html

2. Eva is just a placeholder for the foe's name. During the fight it is replaced to "Kult adept" and so on, but into card description it is left as is.

3. Will do.

4. It's a bug, there should be a message "you win". Will fix. Also I plan to add a map into future versions. Something grid-based like in TITS, where each cell is a location and your character moves among them.

5. Very interesting bug, because game window has fixed dimensions 800x600 and doesn't have minimize/maximize buttons at all. Will check.

6. Description text appears when you "get to know" the card and changes in future. Idea was to make cards a sort of upgradable: when you play it first time, it becomes level 1, 5 times - level 2 and text becomes more detailed. After 25 times card is level 3 and you get the final text with all details. It was an idea, but in reality it leads to tons of texts, so I decided to cancel this. Cards will be upgradable like spells into Diablo I: find a book, read it, get +1 to card level. Card of level X deals X damage and costs X mana.

7. Dialogue options depend on player stats (loyality, dom and sub). When you talk to the girl in Lobby, to choose option 1 you need 4 dom, it means you act like a fierce domina. Option 2 - 4 loyality, act like a competent agent and so on. It's like a choice wheel into Mass Effect. If you don's pass stat check, option is disabled. I will add tooltips with detailed information into future versions.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Oops, I'm dumb. I just went back to confirm the maximizing crash and found that you're right; there's no such button. I typically just recall the games I review from memory and only take notes when I'm proofreading, and I confused your game with another one with a vaguely similar look. Damn white backgrounds with black text. Can never tell you guys apart!

Sorry about that false alarm.