Kiyoko New Years Event Not Firing

C

Cynthia Steele

Heya, first time poster because the wiki stated that Kiyoko had a New Years event that had a variation for after freeing her. I'm on build 0.5.26. I've tried many different things to try and get the event to fire but no matter what I do I can't get it to happen. My testing to try and get the event to happen consisted of me with and without Kiyoko in the party running back and forth between the crossroads in her home over and over since the wiki said that's the trigger zone. I've tried having events on auto (it's New Years after all) and on forced. I've also tried save editing to make sure the 'once a year' limit wasn't a factor; the save says I've never seen the event before. I also changed my pc time to a year ahead to to see if that'd work but to no avail. I was able to get it to work perfectly fine inside the Astral Plane with an earlier save, so I guess after a good while of troubleshooting I'm just skeptical that you can get her New Years event after freeing her. If it helps, I took Keros' offer and became a kitsune, married Kiyoko, and have done the headpat ceremony. I don't think much of that would affect the event trigger, but hey more info the better. Please can someone just tell me the New Years event actually exists after you freed her? The trigger conditions would help too, but honestly I just need confirmation after spending all that time looking for an event that I'm not sure is possible to get. More info is available upon request!

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
The new years event is an orb kiyoko event only. It does not happen outside when she is freed.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
The new years event is an orb kiyoko event only. It does not happen outside when she is freed.
This is not true, because I damn well wrote a variant for it.

This is the exact trigger:
//Trigger upon entering the crossroads (tile 3) in Kiyoko's home during the appropriate season.

If it is not firing, report it as a bug.

C

Cynthia Steele

The crossroads is the tile in the middle of Kiyoko's home right? The only four-way intersection? Cause man I did everything I said and spent like half an in game day just moving back and forth to that tile and it wouldn't proc. Anything I should know for reporting it as a bug? Also as a side note, can you get her mother's day event outside the orb? If you can that one wasn't working either but I think that's an orb only. The flower viewing event worked fine though. Thanks for the reply though, I really appreciate it!