Kinu vs. Kinu

Orange Juice Jones

Jul 21, 2017
So, I'm on yet another play through of coc2 and I've come to yet again, a difficult situation to make, which Kinu should I go with?
Both have their upsides, and yet both come with their downsides which make mommyfather cry.
In one corner you have Inari Shoujo Kinu who likes dirt, grass, twigs, 'n stuff and in the next corner we've got Kitsune Hime who likes being extra social and stuck up.
Inari is a big fan of motherfather and will even let her pet her fluffy tails like a good girl should, but is real cold to her other mother Kiyoko, which makes motherfather cry.
Hime is the dutiful daughter of Kiyoko and won't let you pet her fluffy tails no sir, apparently it is her man's tail now? Blasphemy! You should see motherfather's tears. She's also a bit cold.
Additionally, both in the same have let motherfather down and have gotten engaged already. Inari with someone I keep forgetting is a character and Hime with someone I wish wasn't a character.
So anyway, which Kinu should I go with and which Kinu do you think is the bestest spawn from your loins?

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
this is my first play through with hime kinu...... and the princess blade has not proced yet which i find weird, anyways. both have terrible personalities, and hime has the better design, there should of been a middle ground kinu who loves both parents equally

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Definitely recommend Inari Kinu for a much sweeter more satisfying experience. I can't remember the name of that guy she's engaged to but Nakano is not just an asshole, he's a stupid asshole who is likely to get himself killed. I Absolutely hate the idea of him becoming my son in law much prefer the other guy.... whoever that is.

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
Definitely recommend Inari Kinu for a much sweeter more satisfying experience. I can't remember the name of that guy she's engaged to but Nakano is not just an asshole, he's a stupid asshole who is likely to get himself killed. I Absolutely hate the idea of him becoming my son in law much prefer the other guy.... whoever that is.
hitoshi, the gentle giant..... i dont mind nakano but yea dont like the fact he will most likely widow kinu with his pride

Rudra72

Jun 16, 2022
It's almost like Tobs enjoys writing things where there are no perfect solutions...
I am considering writing content for this game, and apart from an OC i'd like to see

"more Kinu content" is on the list

I wonder if we're allowed to do that though

I dont want to be unceremoniously banned by Tobs for entering his turf, as it were

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Nobody's going to ban anyone for wanting more content (well, unless it's on the hard-banned list and they whine about wanting it anyways, maybe) but when it comes to writing content for existing characters, getting the permission of the original writer is the way to go before you start writing.

Rudra72

Jun 16, 2022
That's a good point. I'll DM Tobs and ask him if he's ok with me writing more Kinu content before I get started on that

(No point in writing it down if he's just going to say no, after all)

Metronome

Sep 5, 2020
Earth, Sol System
"[...] getting the permission of the original writer is the way to go before you start writing"

unless we're writing for brint/brinne apparently ¯\(ツ)

WhoAmI

Oct 14, 2017
Nobody's going to ban anyone for wanting more content (well, unless it's on the hard-banned list and they whine about wanting it anyways, maybe) but when it comes to writing content for existing characters, getting the permission of the original writer is the way to go before you start writing.
I've been mulling over creating, and writing, my own kitsune character for submission. Would I need to ask TheObserver's permission, seeing as the character will be a kitsune?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I've been mulling over creating, and writing, my own kitsune character for submission. Would I need to ask TheObserver's permission, seeing as the character will be a kitsune?
Yes. I'd suggest checking out the first post in Tobs' creator topic first because he has some advice for anyone wanting to write a new floof. I know he's approved at least one pitch from a community writer.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
I'll go against what seems to be the majority and choose Hime as my favorite Kinu.

1. She's a bit formal to the PC, but doesn't treat us badly and has a good relationship with her Mother. She also has a good sense of responsibility and isn't an asshole.

2. The tail thing isn't too much of an issue for me personally. It's just a cultural thing. A parent shouldn't be entitled to pet their children however they please. And besides, there's like half a dozen kitsune who'll let us touch their tails (and more).

3. Nakano is a fanatic, but besides his suicidal tendencies and arrogance, he isn't too bad either. Those traits can hopefully be mellowed out of him with time. It's not like he has a lot of enemies to throw himself against anyways. I prefer him to the block of wood that is Hitoshi and like his discipline. Funny thing, I was lowkey impressed when I accidentally lost to him in that one mission and ended up getting the bad ending where he beheaded us.

Reactions: Exrav

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Amusingly, I started a thread a while ago about what would happen if both Kinus appeared at the same time and even wrote bits of fanfics. Personally I would have to give it to Inari. However, Inari has an annoying tendency to antagonize Kiyoko unnecessarily.

Both Kinu What if?

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Hime Kinu is the lead character in a slow burn prestige drama. Lots of double meanings, looking constipated, subtle yet devastating quips delivered with utmost propriety.

Inari Kinu is the lead character of a reality show and it is trashy. Lots of getting messy drunk, petty feuds, and screaming at her mother YOU NEVER LOVED ME.

I love both my dramatic daughters.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
Nakano is a weird fanatical race supremacist who rants at you about how beneath everyone in the den you are and how you don't belong.

So that Kinu being ok with him says a lot of nasty things about her too. The other Kinu would have to do a lot to be worse in my view.

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
Nakano is a weird fanatical race supremacist who rants at you about how beneath everyone in the den you are and how you don't belong.

So that Kinu being ok with him says a lot of nasty things about her too. The other Kinu would have to do a lot to be worse in my view.
um,.... when does he rant? i have spoken with hims hundreds of times in hundreds of play throughs and i never seen him do this......he is simply a kitsune warrior who wants the colonies to be recognized for their actual worth instead of being treated like dirt by the homeland..... he also does not believe him self superior to you at all (specailly since you do beat him in a fight pretty handily), he simply sees you as an outsider he does not trust, and only starts to treat you as one of the clan when hime kinu starts to date him, and/or you become kero's champion

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
Felt pretty clear, to me anyway, in the like 2 and a half pages of him telling you how lucky you are to be in the den and how you'll never be on equal footing with anyone in it when you go to him for missions.

Not judging any player for being able to tolerate his shtick, he's certainly not as brazenly written as Riya from TITs. I just have no tolerance for what he's throwing out.

Last edited:

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Yup I have no time for Nakano.. I think he's the worst, coming second after bitchy adult Kinu, Kitsune. Tbh I'm glad the Kitsune den isnt important to the game, on all my newer playthroughs I've left Kiyoko stuck in the orb and the orb left at the ruined shrine.
Uh I prefer Riya over Nakano.

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
alot of this sound liks bashing of the kitsune for no reason other then them treating you like an outsider (which you are), and being mad at certain characters for not just kowtowing to your character and treating them with absolute respect simply for being the main character, its almost like these characters have depth and personalities and hopes and dreams, heck even nakano changes his level of respect towards you as you complete the kitsune questlines......

the biggest problem with kinu is her two personality options.... are the opposite of the options you tuaght her to get said personality.....and she does have a yin to her yang, the problem with her being the duality of kitsune personlaities is there is no mirror to show you the other half of the duality

Reactions: Mad Dog

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
alot of this sound liks bashing of the kitsune for no reason other then them treating you like an outsider (which you are), and being mad at certain characters for not just kowtowing to your character and treating them with absolute respect simply for being the main character, its almost like these characters have depth and personalities and hopes and dreams, heck even nakano changes his level of respect towards you as you complete the kitsune questlines......
no, we've been specifically bashing Nakano who is an asshole. You can tell by the way he very passive aggressively belittles you whenever you take a job or brushes you off whenever try to have a conversation and informs you politely of how much he would've liked to kill you in you're first meeting even though you were bringing a major figure back to there clan. Y'know instead of apologizing for the misunderstanding like a decent person. You can try to justify it however you want but at the end of the day that's just asshole behavior and me being an outsider is no excuse for that. The moment someone starts being an asshole to me is the moment I stop giving a shit about their hopes and dreams and whatever else have you.

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
no, we've been specifically bashing Nakano who is an asshole. You can tell by the way he very passive aggressively belittles you whenever you take a job or brushes you off whenever try to have a conversation and informs you politely of how much he would've liked to kill you in you're first meeting even though you were bringing a major figure back to there clan. Y'know instead of apologizing for the misunderstanding like a decent person. You can try to justify it however you want but at the end of the day that's just asshole behavior and me being an outsider is no excuse for that. The moment someone starts being an asshole to me is the moment I stop giving a shit about their hopes and dreams and whatever else have you.
sometimes you need to take the first step.....

anyways so long as you are not bashing the cinnamon rolls that are kohaku and rindo, and the culture (which seems to be based on mine, a little atleast, being japanese and all the kitsune and tanuki are a big plus for me) i guess i can let it slide

pinkcaitgang

Feb 3, 2022
Problem with Hime Kinu is that she's my type

Reactions: Ultra Chad

Radriel

Jul 28, 2022
I will say that I like Inari Kinu better as well, but thats because I'm a mostly non-materialistic person and more down to earth as a general rule. So Inari Kinu shares more of my values. As a parent, that's more of what I'd want. And I also have to say that Hime Kinu chasing clout and getting caught up in the game of chasing honor through glory is worrying. I think Inari Kinu will have more honor in the end by working as she does to actually improve the lives of the Colonies and caring about what she leaves for the future. Hime Kinu is much more likely to get killed in some kind of intrigue game. And I agree that her choice of husband is atrocious.

And to Kyubi's concerns, I will say that I dont think Nakano speaks for the den or his culture. Maybe Nakano would like to think he does, but the attitudes of the others dont seem to agree with what he pushes. Nakano does seem to believe what he says though(I don't think he's putting up a front), and what he says makes him sound like an asshole at best and a supremacist at worst.

And we make plenty of efforts to take the first step. We revive an entire lost branch of his country's nobility, we didn't kill anyone he was sworn to protect even when attacked ourselves(including him), and that speech he gives us is in response to us informing him that we would like to help him and the den. If his attitude is only different at that point because we get turned into a Kitsune, thats just further evidence that he's a supremacist. I'm extremely disappointed in our daughter(hime kinu) for tolerating this given her who her father is. If Nakano had done what we did, he'd have achieved his goal of gaining respect from the Old Country. We did do it, but its not enough for him. Calling him an asshole is extremely justified.

And shoutout to the writers. If I'm emotionally invested, that is a win in my book.

SpectralTime

Apr 22, 2016
It's hard for me, because they both have self-evident virtues and flaws.

I usually go Hime though. First, because she's got a less-toxic relationship with her mom, and second because I'll second others who say Nakano's not that bad and being with her is hopefully going to mellow him out a bit. (If nothing else, if he were that racist he probably wouldn't happily marry a half-breed.)

But, again, Inari has got much to recommend her too! Hiroshi's also a great guy who deserves love, and there's definitely something to wanting to settle down and grow things.

Reactions: Ultra Chad

Falken_Moonlight

Jul 18, 2022
Floof land
Honestly I aways go for Hime Kinu, mostly because she actually has a privileged position within the Kitsunes, she knows her own limitations and is aways ready to rectify them. I’d wager that out of anyone in Komari’s Den, Kinu is the only one that can shape Nakano (even if even I don’t like him much) to a decent man.
Not discounting the obvious that I really like when both her AND her mother are aways happy to be in each other’s company. Much like her saying: “Your son is your son until he finds a woman. Your daughter is your daughter forever” (something like that)

TLDR: Hime Kinu = Happy Fox family