Kinu quest

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
How do I start it? I tried to go to the den figured it will automatically proc, but it didn’t, went to kiyokos house thought it would proc there, but no dice

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
It's done entirely by speaking to Kinu. She's the one that tells the story.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
It's done entirely by speaking to Kinu. She's the one that tells the story.

really? I didn’t see the option, but I’ll check again, thanks

am I supposed to ask her about a specific character?, or is there a separate option to ask her that triggers it, if so what’s the option, I went through all of them and nothing, can you send a picture of the dialogue option?

Last edited:

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
It'll become available eventually, usually after the bump in the night random Kinu event, but when it does, it'll start through her when you ask her to tell her story, since by that point it's already happened.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
It'll become available eventually, usually after the bump in the night random Kinu event, but when it does, it'll start through her when you ask her to tell her story, since by that point it's already happened.

oh, ok thanks

I got it, thanks

Last edited:

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Also, do you know how to beat the boss? It seems like he two shots me everytime, while I do like 10 damage, and the mass drain doesn’t work on him

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Just finished it myself, and I must say, I greatly look forward to meeting this character in the wilds and gutting them like a fish.
You (as in the Champion) won't be allowed to, satisfying as it may be. It's Kinu's story and part of her stepping out of her parents' shadows and becoming her own person. But you may be able to get back at the person behind Raphael directly...

Doeber

Feb 23, 2017
Just finished it myself, and I must say, I greatly look forward to meeting this character in the wilds and gutting them like a fish.

You (as in the Champion) won't be allowed to, satisfying as it may be. It's Kinu's story and part of her stepping out of her parents' shadows and becoming her own person. But you may be able to get back at the person behind Raphael directly...

If you think the PC is the one who's supposed to punish Raphael for Kinu, just refer to the relationships between these three characters.

Merwyn

Jul 8, 2020
Yeah totally agree. I got super invested into Kinu. Love Kiyoko, but Kinu is so well written, and her own stories are super engaging. Beautifully written. While Arona content hits my kinks, Kinu content engages me into the world as a player,

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
I wonder if Kinu's gonna be the one to kill the mage who gave Raphael the silver rod?

It'd be pretty cool if it was a 2v2 with the champ fighting the mage and Kinu fucking up Raphael. At the end, she could even behead him Nakano style.

Reactions: Salomon

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
I'd totally like to have Kinu be a partymember, though I understand the many MANY reasons why thats not a good idea and probably wont happen

Reactions: Salomon

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Yeah totally agree. I got super invested into Kinu. Love Kiyoko, but Kinu is so well written, and her own stories are super engaging. Beautifully written. While Arona content hits my kinks, Kinu content engages me into the world as a player,

my only issue with kinu is that to me her dialogue sounds flat, by that I mean she doesn’t seem cheery, i know that she has to be lady like and all, but when she’s not doing her duties, I would liked her to be happy, like when the champ visits Kiyokos home, that she would get happy greet and hug the champ, and I hoped that the text would mention that she would smile at times

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
my only issue with kinu is that to me her dialogue sounds flat, by that I mean she doesn’t seem cheery, i know that she has to be lady like and all, but when she’s not doing her duties, I would liked her to be happy, like when the champ visits Kiyokos home, that she would get happy greet and hug the champ, and I hoped that the text would mention that she would smile at times
Which Kinu did you get, by the by?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
If you have Hime Kinu, you're gonna get that vibe because Kitsune being proper is very formal and stiff to read. If Kiyoko's way of talking feels stiff to you by any chance, Hime Kinu will follow the same.
Inari Kinu is less flat and more "normal" for someone not upholding that formality to talk like. Inari Kinu reminds me of how I talk even, and I'm not at all proper or formal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Firangi and Salomon

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Story reasons aside, Kinu is massively overpowered. Most companions have a 3-4 stat point bonus over the PC to make up for their relative inflexibility; Kinu gets a total of +6 for her personality, coupled with another +4 for her weapon choice, not to mention that she gets 2 actions a round.

She is meant to play and feel like a child prodigy.

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
Story reasons aside, Kinu is massively overpowered. Most companions have a 3-4 stat point bonus over the PC to make up for their relative inflexibility; Kinu gets a total of +6 for her personality, coupled with another +4 for her weapon choice, not to mention that she gets 2 actions a round.

oh, I didnt realize that. I thought she was pretty weak when I played her in kinuquest, not that I was looking too too hard. Her powers felt properly OP, as you'd expect for a bunch of solo combat, but her attacks were wet noodles. Can we get more weapon training scenes with her as an adult? cuz clearly she hasn't been doing a good enough job during the ~10 year gap :V

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Which Kinu did you get, by the by?

the one with the black eyeliner

If you have Hime Kinu, you're gonna get that vibe because Kitsune being proper is very formal and stiff to read. If Kiyoko's way of talking feels stiff to you by any chance, Hime Kinu will follow the same.
Inari Kinu is less flat and more "normal" for someone not upholding that formality to talk like. Inari Kinu reminds me of how I talk even, and I'm not at all proper or formal.

well kiyoko for me, is a bit less stiff, I don no, everytime kinu talks, I get a picture in my head that she has a blank expression, even when she shows happiness, she shows it with that blank expression

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
I want an opportunity after this quest happens for the PC to train his eldest (named) childrens fighting skills further, as a soldier and a father it seems only proper in case an event similar to this were to happen again.

Also it would be a chance to interact with some of your kitsune children other than Kinu which is sort of lacking honestly.

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
Throwing in my two cents here, the Champion is supposed to be (at least as I see it) a powerful and capable prodigy in their own right partway through the game, and Kinu has that cranked up to 11 by virtue of being the Champion's kid, being taught by Kiyoko and Komari at a minimum (and potentially the Champion directly), and implied divine intervention from Keros. The fact that she's close to or already surpassing the Champion when she's only just reaching adulthood should be expected, given how heavily the odds are stacked in her favor. I'd honestly have been more surprised if she wasn't a shoe in for succeeding the PC as Champion at some point in the future (after the end of the game) when she finally got to show what she can do.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Considering how many children its easy to have as the PC even without trying she'll just be one of many future champions striding the land. Also as an individual she seems heavily tied to the Kitsune colony while other kids would have a higher possibility of travelling freely.

If anything the next generation won't just have one champion or a band of heroes saving the day, it'll have a fucking army.

Last edited:

agreenfish

Jun 24, 2019
On the topic of Kinu -- and partially because this issue is small enough that I don't think it warrants its own thread -- has anyone noticed a strange description problem when it comes to meeting her in the den? During "daytime" hours, this message is there:
Kinu should be around here somewhere, she usually is at this time of day. She hasn't noticed you yet, but you could easily get your fox-daughter's attention should you need it.

There is no button to speak with her in this state, though, which is strange.

Waiting a few hours until the early morning gives this message:
Kinu's home right now, but your daughter's sleeping and probably doesn't want to be wakened unless it's a true emergency. She needs all her energy for tomorrow... you wouldn't deny her that, would you?

Under this situation, the button *is* visible -- I should note that I have Hime Kinu. This seems like an oversight, though: shouldn't the talk option be switched?

Last edited:

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
Considering how many children its easy to have as the PC even without trying she'll just be one of many future champions striding the land. Also as an individual she seems heavily tied to the Kitsune colony while other kids would have a higher possibility of travelling freely.

If anything the next generation won't just have one champion or a band of heroes saving the day, it'll have a fucking army.
On that note, hopefully the Champion leaves behind a list of all their offspring and said offspring's other parents (or at least best guess in the cases where baby mama/daddy is a generic character from a post encounter hookup) somewhere, unlike Victor from TiTS. If only to prevent their kids from recreating "Shade and Steele accidently find out they're half siblings after they've hooked up (likely several times) before they knew" post CoC2.
I actually love all of Shade's content, but it's still a bit of a shock the first time you see it.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
On that note, hopefully the Champion leaves behind a list of all their offspring and said offspring's other parents (or at least best guess in the cases where baby mama/daddy is a generic character from a post encounter hookup) somewhere, unlike Victor from TiTS. If only to prevent their kids from recreating "Shade and Steele accidently find out they're half siblings after they've hooked up (likely several times) before they knew" post CoC2.
I actually love all of Shade's content, but it's still a bit of a shock the first time you see it.
Looking forward to this list being extremely simple for my Champions.

Reactions: Firangi