Kase Tail-Touching?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15512
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15512

How do I unlock that in the talk menu? Do I have to have started as a half-kathrit, or do I just need 2 tails?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
You need to be half-kaithrit or fully kaithrit.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Checked it on a hunch, and it seems like in addition to being a kaithrit/half-kaithrit you need to have read the kaithrit codex entry too. Oddly though, I can't trigger it either way. It just drops "You don't have the tails for this tango." How strange.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Checked it on a hunch, and it seems like in addition to being a kaithrit/half-kaithrit you need to have read the kaithrit codex entry too. Oddly though, I can't trigger it either way. It just drops "You don't have the tails for this tango." How strange.
I assume two tails are required to successfully perform what's needed, it is mentioned in the codex to involve two tails for their tail-to-tail communication after all.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Hey I coded this. You need to be at least half-kaithrit, read the Kaithrit codex entry, have 2 tails, and they need to be prehensile as well.

Reactions: Freed85

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Hey I coded this. You need to be at least half-kaithrit, read the Kaithrit codex entry, have 2 tails, and they need to be prehensile as well.

Does being a nekomata work as well? As in, fully cat-morph but have 2 tails?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Kaithrit tails are not prehensile by default.
What Zat said.
They're long and furred, but PCs Kaithrit tails are NOT prehensile by default. Not even the Kaithrit TF Nepeta makes them Prehensile (Though tbh knowing Kaithrit and how nimble their tails act, I feel like it should be the default).

So if so, Hugs F'ed up the current requirements considering it requires a flag you can't even get on the tail type without save editing.
I'll probably make a bug report on this later if so after testing.

EDIT!: Confirmed to require the flag. I can't get it even after save editing my main to a normal Kaithrit without the 'prehensile' tail flag.
Yeah that need for a 'prehensile' flag either shouldn't be there, or they should make it so that you either start with prehensile tails.

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Well either way, made the bug report just in case.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Especially since Tam-Tam can give you a tail job.
It does also say that Kaithrit tails are prehensile in the Codex, albeit with a bit of confusing grammar the statement. The exact line says: "As noted above, kaithrits have feline-like tails, with two to a specimen. These tails are functionally prehensile, if too weak in most cases to use for wielding weapons."

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
It does also say that Kaithrit tails are prehensile in the Codex, albeit with a bit of confusing grammar the statement. The exact line says: "As noted above, kaithrits have feline-like tails, with two to a specimen. These tails are functionally prehensile, if too weak in most cases to use for wielding weapons."
Prehensile just means they can grab something, wrap around it fully. Doesn't matter how strong it is, weak or strong, the latter part of the codex covering that.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Once you have your kaithrit tails, use catnip, override safety protocols, and select tail. This will apply the long and prehensile tags to them. IIRC
Pretty sure most people don't know this. Hell I didn't. Plus nobody is gonna spend so much credits just for one damn flag. Not even worth it.
Half-Kaithrit/Full-Kaithrit PCs should get prehensile tails by default, since the codex describes them naturally with rather dexterous tails anyways.

D

Deleted member 15512

Oh, good to know. I went half-kaithrit with the 2 prehensile tails, didn't know you needed to read the codex entry.