Karma - concept and background 9/28/2016

karmasimgame

Oct 1, 2016

karma_splash.png

Prelude

Hey there!  Jarbs here.  I'm the sole developer of Karma, which is right now in its early stages.  Karma is a combination

Life Sim, and RPG.  The central theme permeating the entire game is Karma.  Karma is an actual stat in the game that can

range from negative (corrupt) to positive (righteous).  The player will accrue or lose Karma through the main story decisions,

some events, some missions, and some relationships (yes others can have a good or bad influence on our protagonist.  NPCs

will also have a karma value which will determine if they will engage in a relationship with you, if they will be available for

romance, if they can be coerced to make certain decisions or eventually join you as the main story progresses.  Even some 

NPC events will trigger depending on what their individual personality type and karma level is.    There will be nudity and adult themes,

though all characters involved directly in these scenarios will only be 18+.  I've played a lot of these games and have always found some to be

lacking in one way or another.  Most of the time it simply has to due with creator inactivity.  I want to create a sustained and

enjoyable environment  for you to tackle hard choices, temptations, and just plain taboo fun.

Main Story

Meet Robert, a middle-aged but successful stock broker who dreams big.  He may have been dreaming to take on the risky challenge

of bringing Dmitry's company Popov Dynamics public.  Robert discovers too late that he is in far too deep to escape disaster.  Only through a

harrowing out of body experience is Robert able to cling to existence.  Across the city in a busy high school, another life and death struggle is 

about to unfold.  Robert finds himself torn between worlds as his inevitable fate unfolds...  his choices will shape not only himself, but those

around him.  Take him through an immersive world full of hard choices, both righteous and corrupt.  How will karma shape your journey? 

Sandbox World

Though Karma has a rich and diverging main plot, the world is very much an open sandbox.

There are many features in the sandbox which make for an enjoyable experience in and of itself:

Relationships (Romances, Friendships, Rivalries)

Player management (Inventory, Stats, Traits)

Event driven environment 

Missions and combat

Collections

Achievements

H Content

Nurse

Teacher

Cheerleaders :)

Nun / Altar Boy / Altar Girl "Teen" (18+)

BDSM Themes

Exhibitionism

Blackmail / Coercion

Incest

Anal

M/F, F/F, M/M

Gang-bang

Current Status

The prologue for Karma is under development.  I will update this post with a link when it is complete.

I look forward to seeing you on My Patreon

You can find me there, working daily (and nightly) posting art, game-play, and story elements.

@Jarbsdev on Twitter

karmasimgame

Oct 1, 2016
Thanks for the feedback, I expect a working prologue in about a week (next weekend).  I want to showcase an event in the prologue, one that will give a beginning trait.  For this to work I need the event system working, the player file polished up and working, and some additional gui related screens created.  If you want to see some of the art and other things just click my Patreon link, I'm puttilng everything out on public for now so everyone has access.

Jarbs