Karaoke with Ben/Bess

sumdude3456

May 14, 2020
This one's a bit of a stupid question, but what are the conditions for being good at singing with the sentient sexbot? Is singing well based on chance or is there a specific requirement, and if so how would I attain such skill?

I'm not sure why I care so much about virtual singing in a text game but any answer would genuinely be very appreciated, thanks in advance!

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
...how would I attain such skill?
You don't. Pretty much all of Bess's interactions are dictated by your reactions to her questions or whatever she's doing at the time (cleaning, reading, etc). There is no "karaoke" skill.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Edit: yes, that flag appears in the save editor.
Which flag? I looked in Bess's flags and there's nothing specific to karaoke, only "Event _18" and that's only to set when it happened.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Yep, found it. That's not actually the PC's singing skill level, it's just Bess's IIRC. From the wiki: "Karaoke! Participation is optional--Bess/Ben's singing skill level may vary at random." Emphasis mine.

Anyway, in answer to the original question, there is no such thing as a singing skill. Almost all of your reactions to Bess are of the binary type: encourage/discourage, yes/no, you have a beautiful voice/shut the fuck up and suck my dick, etc.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Well whatever, Mailia, I'm saying whoever's skill that is, it's random. There is no singing skill, therefore there's no way to improve it.

I'll be honest, it's been forever and a day since I did the Bess content so I forget whether it's Steele or Bess that rocks/sucks, but it's a moot point.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Who cares? It has no impact on the quest whatsoever whether you sing like Freddie Mercury or Susan Boyle with your nuts in a vise.

Of course, I got a "5", but whatevs, no big whoop.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Yeah? Well this is you:

"Um, actually..."
tenor.gif

:p