Kara/Shade question(not sure if bugged).

BitchBroken

Dec 24, 2017
I'm not sure if I've never met these characters(you'd think I'd remember), but when I look in my log I can't find KaraQuest. This doesn't seem to make sense since I've already been through all the available content as far as main story goes, found all the probes and all that.

Titsed tells me I haven't met these characters nor done KQ2 scenes(couldn't find any flags about KQ1).

So wtf? How do I trigger these quests?(obviously I've been to Myrellion tavern)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Well, if you met them and failed to help Kara, that's the end of her content.

If you did help her, go find her at the end of the alley outside the Myrellion bar. After a bit (I think you need to hit Level 8+), she'll give you a call to meet her on one of Myrellion's moons and star KaraQuest 2.

BitchBroken

Dec 24, 2017
Well, if you met them and failed to help Kara, that's the end of her content.

If you did help her, go find her at the end of the alley outside the Myrellion bar. After a bit (I think you need to hit Level 8+), she'll give you a call to meet her on one of Myrellion's moons and star KaraQuest 2.

If I did fail wouldn't it show up in the log as "KaraQuest: Blah, Blah, Failed"? Right now I have no sign of it ever occurring. (Been lvl10 for awhile now, so if any mail was gonna come it'd be there by now)

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully fixed for the next release. If your character ignored Kara outright, the log should show that she was ignored (ignoring her will wall off the mission completely).

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
First, lets just run through what you did. When you originally met Kara, what did you do? How did you interact with Shade, if you did at all?

BitchBroken

Dec 24, 2017
First, lets just run through what you did. When you originally met Kara, what did you do? How did you interact with Shade, if you did at all?

That's the thing I have no recollection of any interaction with Kara. But it might have happened, it's been awhile since that part of the game. All I have to go on is the log and titsed, and both of those are coming up blank.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
If the "LET_SHADE_AND_KARA_DUKE_IT_OUT" flag has been raised without the "MET_KARA" flag, then that means you encountered Kara but ignored her before she could introduce herself and her situation.

BitchBroken

Dec 24, 2017
If the "LET_SHADE_AND_KARA_DUKE_IT_OUT" flag has been raised without the "MET_KARA" flag, then that means you encountered Kara but ignored her before she could introduce herself and her situation.

Nope, it's regular non-bold letters like the rest of the stuff relating to this.

Edit: Not that experienced with Titsed, but there seem to be some inconsistencies here. Like meeting Kiro or Seandra are not "==true" as well, but obviously I've met them and the events pertaining to them ARE shown as "==true". So I'm not sure how much stock you can put into Titsed accurately representing the events that have or have not transpired.

Last edited:

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Nope, it's regular non-bold letters like the rest of the stuff relating to this.

Edit: Not that experienced with Titsed, but there seem to be some inconsistencies here. Like meeting Kiro or Seandra are not "==true" as well, but obviously I've met them and the events pertaining to them ARE shown as "==true". So I'm not sure how much stock you can put into Titsed accurately representing the events that have or have not transpired.

Whether or not it's bold should not have any effect on this whatsoever. What state are the flags in? True, false, nothing?

BitchBroken

Dec 24, 2017
Whether or not it's bold should not have any effect on this whatsoever. What state are the flags in? True, false, nothing?

Nothing. When there's something they seem to become bold.

I'll leave the save here if anybody wants to take a look.

Attachments

• Bryan - 618 days.tits
    204.3 KB · Views: 7

BitchBroken

Dec 24, 2017
Deleting all Kara and Shade related flags with TiTSed should allow you to trigger it again.

This is so strange when I typed "Kara" in the titsed search bar as opposed to scrolling down manually the "let them duke it out" flag actually came up as "1" this time. Anyway, I cleared that and even tried clearing anything else to do with her(only other one triggered was federation quest). And still no dice.

EDIT: NEEEVERMIND. The flag I needed to clear was "been to myrellion bar". I met her now. Thank you everybody.

Last edited:

BitchBroken

Dec 24, 2017
One more thing.

So turns out my timeline is all fucked up and since I did this shit AFTER getting Myrellion probe now I can't find out Shade is a sibling? And supposedly it needs to be done in between KaraQuest 1 and 2?! This whole chain is a mess... I hope there's a way to find out again down the line cause there's no way I can undo all that with titsed without breaking something.