Just unsure exactly what is meant by a single line in the guidelines thread

savagesix

Nov 18, 2017
> Filth and vore elements are also unwelcome.

Um.... so what exactly is meant by 'filth'?

I grew up in a pretty repressed environment, my parents likely would have referred to every single thing on this site as 'filth'.

Is this some specific fetish or group of fetishes? All I can think is that perhaps this refers to things like scat and WS. But if so does this specifically mean excreta or is it something wider than that?

I've no interest in the specific content I've mentioned, I'm more concerned with the potentially wide net that could be thrown by that term. Obviously no one here is a prude, but I'm well aware some content I'm into might and indeed probably would be considered extreme by some people here. If I listed content here I'd obviously list anything that could be considered a nope for some people, i just would like to be sure that I'm not stepping on any toes by posting something explicitly verboten that I'm unaware is disallowed.

Merilirem

Oct 17, 2016
Yeah i too am unclear about such rules. Ive mainly been wondering how far they go with the "no under age content" rule myself and wondering if simply linking or mentioning it is not allowed or if they specifically mean imagery and advertising of games by name.

Such topics can be so scary to even talk about that clarifying the rules has gotten me in trouble in chats and sites in the past. It seems every forum/chat/blog etc has a line and whatever it is you must never even look at it.

I generally just stay away from mentioning anything people could find questionable these days. I understand some rules like the underage one being a dangerous topic in general in the world we live in. I do however run into conversations where suddenly im in trouble for bringing up the fact that "this is basically rape" when you see certain tags.

Filth is one of those things which is simply too unclear and needs some elaboration. Putting this comment here so i can be told what "filth" actually means too. For all i know it may cover dirty unwashed bodies...

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
> Filth and vore elements are also unwelcome.

Um.... so what exactly is meant by 'filth'?

I grew up in a pretty repressed environment, my parents likely would have referred to every single thing on this site as 'filth'.

Is this some specific fetish or group of fetishes? All I can think is that perhaps this refers to things like scat and WS. But if so does this specifically mean excreta or is it something wider than that?

I've no interest in the specific content I've mentioned, I'm more concerned with the potentially wide net that could be thrown by that term. Obviously no one here is a prude, but I'm well aware some content I'm into might and indeed probably would be considered extreme by some people here. If I listed content here I'd obviously list anything that could be considered a nope for some people, i just would like to be sure that I'm not stepping on any toes by posting something explicitly verboten that I'm unaware is disallowed.

To my knowledge filth is scat and WS. Vomit is likely included in that but doesn't usually need to be brought up. If you're worried beyond that just ask someone. Most of the forbidden content is forbidden because it's on Fen's "Nope" list of fetishes. Underage content being the exception because that falls into some legal dark areas that could get Fen and company in deep shit.

Yeah i too am unclear about such rules. Ive mainly been wondering how far they go with the "no under age content" rule myself and wondering if simply linking or mentioning it is not allowed or if they specifically mean imagery and advertising of games by name.

Such topics can be so scary to even talk about that clarifying the rules has gotten me in trouble in chats and sites in the past. It seems every forum/chat/blog etc has a line and whatever it is you must never even look at it.

I generally just stay away from mentioning anything people could find questionable these days. I understand some rules like the underage one being a dangerous topic in general in the world we live in. I do however run into conversations where suddenly im in trouble for bringing up the fact that "this is basically rape" when you see certain tags.

Filth is one of those things which is simply too unclear and needs some elaboration. Putting this comment here so i can be told what "filth" actually means too. For all i know it may cover dirty unwashed bodies...

No under age content is absolute. If someone is below the age of 18, or even looks below the age of 18, don't post or link it here. If the game has content without that character, and/or needs a patch to access that character, you could probably get away with mentioning it when people are looking for games with that other content. But the mods are pretty strict with that rule, even going to far as to remove games set in schools that aren't explicitly a college despite characters being stated to be, and looking, 18+ years old.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Filth is the catchall term for basically stuff that ought to keep to the bathroom, though also a general fetish-focus on uncleanliness and the likes. More or less, if you could make someone else sick it's probably filth.

I fail to see how this rule is difficult. It's right there in the name, no under age content. If you post anything depicting it you're getting the fucking boot.

Merilirem

Oct 17, 2016
Filth is the catchall term for basically stuff that ought to keep to the bathroom, though also a general fetish-focus on uncleanliness and the likes. More or less, if you could make someone else sick it's probably filth.

I fail to see how this rule is difficult. It's right there in the name, no under age content. If you post anything depicting it you're getting the fucking boot.
So act as if it doesn't exist at all then? Gotcha.