Just started a new game, and I seem to have a negative 4 modifier to both aim and physique.

Mar 2, 2021
Like the title says, my aim and physique stats stats are modified by -4, and since I have 2 and 3 in those stats, they are now zero. No statuses active on my character, no perks besides the one I chose in character creation. Unfortunately I didn't notice when this flip happened and I saved over my only file so I can't figure out where it happened. I tried sleeping and it didn't fix it, checked for diseases at the clinic and nothing. Is this a bug, or am I just missing something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240223_021349_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223_021349_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 12

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
That is really weird. I'd say it's probably a bug. It's possible there's a hidden status effect on your character or a temporary modifier became permanent somehow. If you upload your save, we might be able to diagnose it.

Mar 2, 2021
That is really weird. I'd say it's probably a bug. It's possible there's a hidden status effect on your character or a temporary modifier became permanent somehow. If you upload your save, we might be able to diagnose it.
Here it is. Thankfully I'm only a few hours in, so I'll probably just start a new game of it does turn out to be a bug.

Attachments

• Ward (M) - 11Hrs 41Mins, 4 Days - Mhen’ga, Ara Ara.json
    631.1 KB · Views: 3

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Well, I'm stumped. I can fix it for you, but I have no idea how it happened.

You might want to start a new game anyway and retrace your steps in the hopes of finding out what caused it.
You didn't do any save-editing, I assume.

Mar 2, 2021
Well, I'm stumped. I can fix it for you, but I have no idea how it happened.

You might want to start a new game anyway and retrace your steps in the hopes of finding out what caused it.
You didn't do any save-editing, I assume.
Nope, no save-editing. Unfortunate, but I think I'll just start a new run. You think I should put this in bugs reports?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Nope, no save-editing. Unfortunate, but I think I'll just start a new run. You think I should put this in bugs reports?
I don't think they can do much with it, given the lack of information. If you do figure out how to reproduce it, definitely report it.

Mar 2, 2021
I don't think they can do much with it, given the lack of information. If you do figure out how to reproduce it, definitely report it.
I'll try, but this was a pretty standard run as far as I'm aware, I don't know if I'll find anything. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to help me, I appreciate it.

TheShepard256

I think I've seen something like this before, recently. Did you get into a fight with the naleen female, and did she inject you with her venom? IIRC, that gives a -4 penalty to Physique and Aim, and is supposed to go back to normal once the status effect is removed, but I've seen reports that indicate otherwise.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
TheShephard is right. Even though the poison is gone the game forgot to wipe the stat debuff it seems. I reaplied the poison and it fixed itself. Just move a few tiles and you're good. Although you should probably create a bug report regardles cause this is definitely a bug.

Attachments

• Ward (M) - 11Hrs 41Mins, 4 Days - Mhen’ga, Ara Ara.json
    631.5 KB · Views: 2
Mar 2, 2021
Interesting. I didn't notice getting injected, but I wasn't super paying attention to every combat I got into so it's not impossible. I'll definitely send a bug report.