Jarl Parley

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
I've been trying to parley with the Jarl during Shades of the Past for almost an hour now and every time I end up having to fight him. I got the Silver Mirror and exhausted every bit of lore in the dungeon and it only worked the one time I brought Garret along. Am I missing something in the game or is there a race/class/background requirement that a Catfolk/thief/slumrat does not meet?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Garret being there is pretty much like bringing Ryn to Parley on the Dog days quest. It's an auto-win for it compared to when you do it yourself.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I got the Silver Mirror and exhausted every bit of lore in the dungeon and it only worked the one time I brought Garret along.
Didn't see the pattern there? o_O

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
I asked about doing it without Garret. I'm not bringing him for reasons and was wondering why I couldn't parley after combing the entire dungeon. I figured it should be a conversation battle like Hethia, Taldahs or Nareva and not a save or suck persuasion check.

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
Your mistake was thinking centuries old ghosts who can't even recognize their surroundings properly were capable of having their issue resolved with a small chat with a complete ordinary seeming stranger.

Reactions: MissSilissa

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
The excuse might be acceptable if having Garret didn't completely negate the stat requirements, or a quick drink at Garth's bar to allow you to pass it. It's not like you wouldn't have had a save outside the dungeon in the first place since you can't save within. You made your choice before it was final.

Reactions: zagzig

BlazeAize

Mar 20, 2022
I've been trying to parley with the Jarl during Shades of the Past for almost an hour now and every time I end up having to fight him. I got the Silver Mirror and exhausted every bit of lore in the dungeon and it only worked the one time I brought Garret along. Am I missing something in the game or is there a race/class/background requirement that a Catfolk/thief/slumrat does not meet?
so i figured out why it wasn't working for me finally. So apparently i already did this quest and somehow it unchecked itself for some reason. long story short, i had to go in my save file and uncheck switch most of the flags for this quest to 0 so i could redo all of them. after doing so, I'm FINALLY able to parlay.

• Angry
Reactions: Emerald

cloer

Jun 3, 2018
I mean, without the occasional raising of the dead, there'd be a lot less going on.

I mean, even in the game we can now summon the spirit of a long dead cow girl for the sake of fornication

Reactions: Baggrin