Jacques Awol?

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Hey, anyone happen to know what happened to Jacques? I just noticed that hes been awol for a while now.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Still on the Discord, tho likely helping out with the Javascript port.

That's just a guess tho. But literally, I'm look at Jacques' status icon as I type this. Go go green.

Reactions: XBoxMaster131

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Support for Flash is ending this month, so its all hands on deck to get TITS ported over to Javascript.

And why isn't the original CoC getting a port? Probably because its been over 5 years since anything was added to it and there's no support for it.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Wait what?

What is this port even for, anyway? Can someone please explain it to me, cuz this us the first ive heard of it.

And i really hope what you said doesnt mean what i think it might.....

He meant TITS is being ported to Javascript, like CoC2 runs on in the first place. CoC1 is not being ported. Punctuation is important, SBJ!

Reactions: Paradox01

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
He meant TITS is being ported to Javascript, like CoC2 runs on in the first place. CoC1 is not being ported. Punctuation is important, SBJ!
Ah, ok.

Wait, so... whats gonna happen to coc1? Cuz correct me if im wrong, but isnt that still on flash?

Edit: Oh crap i just saw evils post....

Also, sorry for digging up the hatchet a bit, but i just wanted to clarify that over in my shizuya quest thread when i said i checked the wiki and didnt find anything i meant that i checked it for new content, like an expac for her or whatever, cuz what i thought is that one had been released for her and id somehow missed it, hence why i started looking around and eventually made the thread.

Anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding, and for any frustration i may have caused.

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
whats gonna happen to coc1?

Literally nothing. Lost, like tears in rain.

I mean there's like 2 dudes that have made ports of it to HTML/Javascript, too, but I don't know if Fen intends to make either of those "official" or not. Or if they're actually done for that matter.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Literally nothing. Lost, like tears in rain.

I mean there's like 2 dudes that have made ports of it to HTML/Javascript, too, but I don't know if Fen intends to make either of those "official" or not. Or if they're actually done for that matter.
So, were just gonna let it die?

It seems like a massive waste... cuz i mean come on, thats the one that started it all! I feel like the least we can do is try and preserve it in one way or another....

Will we at least be able to use a standalone flash player or something? Or what about downloading it?

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
So, were just gonna let it die?

It seems like a massive waste... cuz i mean come on, thats the one that started it all! I feel like the least we can do is try and preserve it in one way or another....

Will we at least be able to use a standalone flash player or something? Or what about downloading it?

It's already downloadable, you git. Go to the main blog page, go to play. Hit download.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016

It's already downloadable, you git. Go to the main blog page, go to play. Hit download.
Ya know, a part of me was kinda hoping that CoC1 was gonna totally be taken behind the woodshed so that for once i wouldnt look like a complete smoothbrain, lol.

Thanks man. Was legit worried for a bit there.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
CoC1 can still be playable in an out-of-browser thing. The in-browser game just is gonna be dead.
It's still there, it's still playable, you just got a hoop to jump through now. But it's such a "baby's first text game" game that it's probably better to let it die rather than waste trying to port its spaghetti code over.

As for TiTS, its been being ported. I imagine the big coders are focused on that for the time being so they're rather quiet.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
CoC1 can still be playable in an out-of-browser thing. The in-browser game just is gonna be dead.
It's still there, it's still playable, you just got a hoop to jump through now. But it's such a "baby's first text game" game that it's probably better to let it die rather than waste trying to port its spaghetti code over.

As for TiTS, its been being ported. I imagine the big coders are focused on that for the time being so they're rather quiet.
Thank you, that completely clarifies it all.

Qnd while it is clunky compared to the others, its still a damn good source of smut.

Hell recently ive been thinking of going back in and trying to recreate my old character.

Id managed to do pretty much everything in the game aside from the final Dungeon.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Tbh I prefer CoC1 over 2. I mean yeah sure CoC2 is mechanically superior in every way... But eh CoC1 is much better at being a harem building power fantasy lol. The MC in CoC2 feels so much weaker than the CoC champion since everything is balanced towards party combat and there's not really any OP lone wolf build options. And the available waifus in CoC2 just don't seem as appealing as the ones in CoC...

So yeah I'll probably continue to occasionally replay modded builds of CoC even if it means having to jump through some hoops with offline flash.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Tbh I prefer CoC1 over 2. I mean yeah sure CoC2 is mechanically superior in every way... But eh CoC1 is much better at being a harem building power fantasy lol. The MC in CoC2 feels so much weaker than the CoC champion since everything is balanced towards party combat and there's not really any OP lone wolf build options. And the available waifus in CoC2 just don't seem as appealing as the ones in CoC...

I still havent played coc2.

Ive got enough of a backlog of tits content to get through (still havent finished zheng shi. Barely even gottens started tbh), and u dont want more on my plate

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016

So yeah I'll probably continue to occasionally replay modded builds of CoC even if it means having to jump through some hoops with offline flash.
The Champion of CoC2 only feels "weaker" because it's not a fucking power fantasy. Savin and others have said this multiple times. :///

Last edited:

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
The Champion of CoC2 only feels "weaker" because it's not a fucking power fantasy. Savin and others have said this multiple times. :///
All I'm saying is that's why I prefer the original. It's fine that CoC2 isn't a power fantasy but eh it just doesn't align with my interests as well as CoC1 did hence my preference for the original. And I imagine that there will be folks interested in preserving CoC1 for a long time to come. It's basically a bit of internet smut history at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if some digital archivists have already added it to collections.

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016

All I'm saying is that's why I prefer the original. It's fine that CoC2 isn't a power fantasy but eh it just doesn't align with my interests as well as CoC1 did hence my preference for the original. And I imagine that there will be folks interested in preserving CoC1 for a long time to come. It's basically a bit of internet smut history at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if some digital archivists have already added it to collections.

Some people like Doom Eternal, some people like Breath of the Wild.

CoC1 and 2 respectively.

Different strokes, different folks, but it doesnt mean one is inherently better than the other.

Least thats how i see it.

Reactions: Milkman