Item Duplication

pauliner

Sep 12, 2022
So, not sure if this exploit is already well-known. I'm sure the minor bug that causes it is. When highlighting an item in the inventory menu, then leaving that menu, the highlighted item stays selected in memory somewhere, so when you return to the menu, the item stays selected. This normally doesn't matter, you just click on the item you actually want to do stuff with and get on with your day. Well, if this item is equippable, like a weapon or armor, it's possible to select the item in the inventory menu, leave that menu, sell the item, enter the inventory menu again, and equip the same item. This spawns a new instance of that item in your equipped slot, which you can then unequip and return to your inventory. Rinse and repeat for infinite profit. I just did this with the Vanae Spear when I sold it, and went to use a men'gha mango, but mistakenly assumed the mango was already selected when I saw the item description out of the corner of my eye. I clicked 'equip' thinking it was the 'use' button, and suddenly there was a Vanae Spear back in my inventory. Fuckin' hilarious, but definitely a bug, so I figured I'd throw an account together and give y'all a heads-up.

Build is [0.9.19-PUBLIC-ELECTRON#2503]

pauliner

Sep 12, 2022
I also found out that you can get free items from vendors with this bug. Highlighting an item in a vendor menu and then going into your inventory will allow you to use the selected item directly.

Note that I don't have Honeydew in my inventory in this screenshot, but it's selected with the ability to use it. I just selected it in Kelly's vendor screen, then went directly into my inventory. Interestingly, backing out of the inventory menu and going back in clears the erroneous selection.

Build is [0.9.19-PUBLIC-ELECTRON#2503]

Attachments

• Screenshot (102).png
    Screenshot (102).png
    426.5 KB · Views: 3