Is there a walkthrough somewhere?

morii

Feb 8, 2023
Is there a walkthrough I should be aware of? There's just so much content in this game now that I'm worried I'm missing quests and NPCs and items. I am a completionist, so any guides or walkthroughs to fully experience the game would sure be nice to have. The wiki hasn't been consistently updated for a while and I haven't seen any guides that include Dhaal or Zheng Shi. So to sum it all up: How do I fully complete the game up to the most recent content?

Another question. I know how to progress through planets but I'm having a hard time with bosses on normal mode. I always play games on max difficulty since I like the challenge. There is no hard mode but I feel like normal mode is sufficiently challenging for now. Is there some builds that are fun but also competent?

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
The achievements allude to some quests and the advanced search could prove useful. If it exists in the game, it's been talked about on the forum.

As for builds, you can find those with the advanced search, too.

Reactions: morii

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
There isn't a consolidated walkthrough, that I know of.

Builds mostly boil down to
1. Pick Melee or Ranged. Don't try to do both.
2. Don't spread your stats too much. 13/level is enough to max 2 and keep a third high.
3. Max out Physique/Aim.
4. Max out your Class stat:
Tech: Intelligence.
Smuggler: Reflex/Intelligence (Sneak Attack/Aimed Shot. Grenades)
Merc: Physique? Not as clear cut. Definitely not Intelligence.
5. Choose good equipment. Stun weapons in particular are extremely powerful. So much so, they're often worth using over weapons with higher nominal damage. Bonus Hit Rate is also extremely valuable. The 2nd attack has a 55% chance of hitting, regardless of your Accuracy. BHR makes it calculate as a normal attack.
If you're a Smuggler, make sure you're not over the 50% passive Evasion cap. If you are, invest in other defenses instead.
Melee also wants Flight-Capable Wings or the Light Jetpack.
The game also gets a lot easier if you take full advantage of Stat training to max out all your stats.

Last edited:

Ideal

Aug 17, 2020
There's a very old guide that is not up-to-date at all (I think the author last added to it in 2019). Using theirs as a base, I am writing my own walkthrough of every planet. It's more of a reference than complete walkthrough, as it doesn't explain game mechanics. I've been a bit lazy in updating it though, I've only finished up to Uveto last I worked on it, which was back in October or November of '22. There's been a lot of updates since then so I've been considering doing some more work on it again. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon, and finish up to what's now the current content.

Reactions: nameless.sin

nameless.sin

Jul 13, 2023
There's a very old guide that is not up-to-date at all (I think the author last added to it in 2019). Using theirs as a base, I am writing my own walkthrough of every planet. It's more of a reference than complete walkthrough, as it doesn't explain game mechanics. I've been a bit lazy in updating it though, I've only finished up to Uveto last I worked on it, which was back in October or November of '22. There's been a lot of updates since then so I've been considering doing some more work on it again. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon, and finish up to what's now the current content.
Is the guide complete? would love to read it!

Ideal

Aug 17, 2020
Is the guide complete? would love to read it!
Well, I had to take a break since college was taking up a lot of my time, but now that I'm on summer break I'm slowly working on it again. Once it gets to a point I think is acceptable I'll post it on the forums for people to give feedback on and such. If you're talking about the old walkthrough it's by JVR, it goes up to Uveto and maybe a bit further.