Is Sam public yet?

MakoBlade

Sep 19, 2018
Was just going over the new patchnotes and saw nothing about Sam or Eitan. I know I can recruit the once bad primal kitty, but what about the golden puppy?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You should be able to, at least. Recruiting her requires impregnating her and waiting for her to give birth once, but it seems like some text or a tooltip is missing, because you don't get any indication that it's an option other than the button suddenly being there if you go to fuck her a second time. I haven't seen her document, so I don't know how exactly her progression is meant to work.

Reactions: MakoBlade

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Generally, if an update doesn't say something is now Public, it isn't.
They seem to keep things Backers for 4 updates. So if they skip a week, it will take longer, real-time.

MakoBlade

Sep 19, 2018
You should be able to, at least. Recruiting her requires impregnating her and waiting for her to give birth once, but it seems like some text or a tooltip is missing, because you don't get any indication that it's an option other than the button suddenly being there if you go to fuck her a second time. I haven't seen her document, so I don't know how exactly her progression is meant to work.
See that's where i'm concerned and afraid to progress, Im afraid if i finish Saendra's quest, Sam will be locked out of recruitment if the patch to recruit her hasn't gone through yet. That'show it usually goes, so i'm just trying to be extra sure on how I go about recruiting them.

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
You recruit her from the prison station, so you actually need to have completed Saendra's quest long before you can recruit her, and you can't really miss her since you recruit her from her repeatable "encounter".

I did Saendra's quest before Sam's recruitment was even written, much less implemented, and it still worked fine.
(In fact, it's probably better, since you can get the "Sam got impregnated and gave birth to a child" requirements out of the way early, so you can immediately recruit her once it becomes available. Otherwise, you have to fast-forward a few in game months through her pregnancy.)

Last edited: