Is picking up the gem in the forest shrine a waste of time for female characters?

Soph Spots

Oct 8, 2019
So I liked a lot of the kitsune content from the original game. I come across this thing in the forest that's linked to them, seems promising.

but after this lengthy intro the content seemed to be saying I was just SOL for not playing a male character. Is that seriously the whole extent of it? Did I waste my character's alignment or whatever on content I can't even see?

If that's how it is and whoever wrote it decided to restrict his waifu that hard shouldn't there be a big fat warning about how if you don't have a dick you shouldn't bother?

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
So I liked a lot of the kitsune content from the original game. I come across this thing in the forest that's linked to them, seems promising.

but after this lengthy intro the content seemed to be saying I was just SOL for not playing a male character. Is that seriously the whole extent of it? Did I waste my character's alignment or whatever on content I can't even see?

If that's how it is and whoever wrote it decided to restrict his waifu that hard shouldn't there be a big fat warning about how if you don't have a dick you shouldn't bother?
There aren't any negatives for taking it.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, despite the ominous line by Cait, nothing bad happens. It just means you get to meet a special someone if you sleep with it on and possibly start a family (provided you grow a dick). Also great for getting an excellent summon after the first kid. ;)

But if you don’t ever want to grow a dick....well, at least you have a pretty girlfriend to visit. :p

Soph Spots

Oct 8, 2019
Thanks for the quick responses

I thought that taking it would lock me out of doing other things, that's what it reads like, but if it doesn't matter at all then I guess it's no big deal. Still think it would make more sense to warn that the content's intended for male characters rather than going on about SUPREME COSMIC CONSEQUENCES that don't exist.

While I've got everyone here one more question. Are there any actual corruption storylines in the game? My favorite part of the first game was that you could do the pure storylines with straightforward waifu content or turn the character into a mockery of everything they used to stand for but I haven't run across any corruption material at all yet. Have I just not found them or are there not any?

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Corruption affects champions a bit more subtly here than it does in Mareth or Eden. You'll see some slight shifts in your character's reactions and attitude, but it won't affect your available choices overmuch.

Soph Spots

Oct 8, 2019
I'm asking if other characters can be corrupted. That was this huge part of the first game but I haven't seen anything like that yet.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I thought that taking it would lock me out of doing other things, that's what it reads like, but if it doesn't matter at all then I guess it's no big deal. Still think it would make more sense to warn that the content's intended for male characters rather than going on about SUPREME COSMIC CONSEQUENCES that don't exist.

Technically anyone with a dick, including herms, but still.

But yeah, little tooltip indicating “dick required to progress this” would be a nice addition. And if you don’t want to be Futa, rest assured you only really need to pop one kit with Kiyoko to get her as a summon and progress her story later. Though having more leads to more options available if you like parenting simulators. ;p

Nathilio

Jun 21, 2019
maybe read the updates, for kiyokos content it was stated its a pregnancy fetish based content, soo if you cant get her pregnant, then sol? i made my charactor herm for long enough to make her 9 tailed plus the content is well written and kinu is so cute and can go 2 different directions

Reactions: Shura