Is it possible to be on positive terms with both Shade and Kara after doing their quests?

Ambrosia

Jul 21, 2021
As well as successfully distract Shade from Kara without having sex with her?

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
To answer the questions in the order they appear, yes and no.

The trick is you have to do all of the myrellion stuff with shade before doing anything with Kara, since after the sister reveal with the probe, Shade leaves the planet and either won't show up in KaraQuest, or you'll be able to talk her down, can't remember which.

Or you can just do what I did and save edit the living daylights out of your file and pray that it doesnt have a stroke, lol.

Julles Ra

Jul 17, 2021
The trick is you have to do all of the myrellion stuff with shade before doing anything with Kara, since after the sister reveal with the probe, Shade leaves the planet and either won't show up in KaraQuest, or you'll be able to talk her down, can't remember which.
That's pretty much it tho, you're pretty much on the save if Shade's in Uveto and you get access to her house.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015

Or you can just do what I did and save edit the living daylights out of your file and pray that it doesnt have a stroke, lol.
If you tell her about the blood relation she'll scoot off to Uveto to sort out her thoughts, and won't appear in KaraQuest. If you do withhold the information, she'll stop by the base (presumably on Amara's invitation, which she probably kindly turned down if you told her cause y'know... she has a lot more shit to deal with.) and stand in you path on the rooftop.

If you flirted in the bar and took her invitation to get steamy you can talk her down so she'll let you through. If you were... less suave, and had to fight her to get Kara out of that bar, she'll insist on barring your path to the landing no matter what.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Jul 21, 2021

Hmm... Unfortunate (that you can't avoid committing incest to let Kara peacefully get past her).

Edit it to change what?

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Hmm... Unfortunate (that you can't avoid committing incest to let Kara peacefully get past her).

Edit it to change what?
You can fool the game into letting you have both paths via save editing. It may break some stuff tho, so be careful. And theres no guarantees it wont fuck stuff up with future content for them.

TheShepard256

Yes to both questions. Starstruck's got it mostly right: to successfully distract Shade without having sex with her, flirt with her and then turn down her offer of sex. Being on good terms with both has multiple paths, but both start with successfully distracting Shade:
  • The easiest is to retrieve the Myrellion probe and get it sold before doing KQ2. Shade will appear, then go off to Uveto regardless of what happens. This is also the only way to be on good terms with both without sexing her.
  • Alternatively, have sex with Shade then do KQ2. She'll let you pass without a fight (not sexing her will lock you into a hostile relationship), then either meet her in the bar or get the probe as above, and she'll go to Uveto. Meet her there, then promise not to get involved with Kara and her friends (unless you revealed that she's your half-sister, in which case that event takes priority).
Do note that regardless of which path is taken, if you're lovers with Shade and you've done KQ2 she'll still invite you to have make-up sex with Amara.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
This reminds me.... i still don't know if any of the shade or kara content got fubar'ed due to my save editing......

I'll have to stop by uveto and see.

Ambrosia

Jul 21, 2021
Yes to both questions. Starstruck's got it mostly right: to successfully distract Shade without having sex with her, flirt with her and then turn down her offer of sex. Being on good terms with both has multiple paths, but both start with successfully distracting Shade:
  • The easiest is to retrieve the Myrellion probe and get it sold before doing KQ2. Shade will appear, then go off to Uveto regardless of what happens. This is also the only way to be on good terms with both without sexing her.
  • Alternatively, have sex with Shade then do KQ2. She'll let you pass without a fight (not sexing her will lock you into a hostile relationship), then either meet her in the bar or get the probe as above, and she'll go to Uveto. Meet her there, then promise not to get involved with Kara and her friends (unless you revealed that she's your half-sister, in which case that event takes priority).
Do note that regardless of which path is taken, if you're lovers with Shade and you've done KQ2 she'll still invite you to have make-up sex with Amara.
Ah, good to hear. That was the impression I got reading the respective wiki pages, but I wasn't sure.

Gizmo1206

Aug 28, 2015
If you tell her about the blood relation she'll scoot off to Uveto to sort out her thoughts, and won't appear in KaraQuest. If you do withhold the information, she'll stop by the base (presumably on Amara's invitation, which she probably kindly turned down if you told her cause y'know... she has a lot more shit to deal with.) and stand in you path on the rooftop.

If you flirted in the bar and took her invitation to get steamy you can talk her down so she'll let you through. If you were... less suave, and had to fight her to get Kara out of that bar, she'll insist on barring your path to the landing no matter what.
sorry for reviving a dead thread but can you still get the Amara threesome with the incest path?