Is it just me...?

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I don't see the Tech as the weakest class. The drone adds a bit of extra damage and your shields are tough as hell, and now that we have Charge Weapon, which I may be biased towards as a melee Tech, and the Power Surge/Deflector Regeneration now restoring energy I think we're pretty powerful.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Min/maxing, the final frontier of fetishes.

To boldly cum to that which no one has cum to before.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
You have to realize that the majority of the comments about techs being the weakest class were before the overhaul and the added levels. Techs are generally in a much better position. Especially melee techs.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
You have to realize that the majority of the comments about techs being the weakest class were before the overhaul and the added levels. Techs are generally in a much better position. Especially melee techs.
I understand we got a boost, but I'd never really felt weak before either, though some enemies were significantly more difficult before.

Speaking of Charge Weapon, does it make ranged Techs seem kinda lacking, or is there something about Overcharge that makes it better than I thought?

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
I don't think the issue was techs being weak, so much as weaker. We are the weakest class. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't believe in nerfing strong classes to bring them in line, so instead I supporting buffing techs. (I also support buffing enemies. I ALSO support boofing enemies, but that's another thing entirely.)

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I understand we got a boost, but I'd never really felt weak before either, though some enemies were significantly more difficult before.

Speaking of Charge Weapon, does it make ranged Techs seem kinda lacking, or is there something about Overcharge that makes it better than I thought?
Overcharge deals 1.5x damage, 2.0x with heroic reserves (lv8 free perk). It will also stun if your intelligence + 1d20 is greater than the opponent's physique + 1d20. This skill is not compatible with second shot. Stun immunity is standard for bosses.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletteKnight

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I tested out the other classes and while the Merc is definitely on top, the Smuggler seemed weaker than the Tech. They can get amazing evasion and have decent shields and armor, but they seem to be outmatched by anything that can't be stunned or blinded.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I tested out the other classes and while the Merc is definitely on top, the Smuggler seemed weaker than the Tech. They can get amazing evasion and have decent shields and armor, but they seem to be outmatched by anything that can't be stunned or blinded.
On the other hand, they have a reliable source of blind, something that isn't really common outside the class. Their dps is considerable if you play them as the twist the knife type playstyle they're oriented towards. Their high evades and blind (which vary few bosses are immune) can lead to some semi-consistant RNG immortality.

Reactions: ShySquare

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
On the other hand, they have a reliable source of blind, something that isn't really common outside the class. Their dps is considerable if you play them as the twist the knife type playstyle they're oriented towards. Their high evades and blind (which vary few bosses are immune) can lead to some semi-consistant RNG immortality.
I had terrible Blind chance, was that bad luck or...?

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
It's also worth remembering that TITS combat is easy as hell and balanced around literally bashing random number buttons until you win, so.
The less time spent divising strategy, the more time you have to beat/rub yourself off.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Another thred abotu Techs. Not that I complaing but when one think more there is almsot exclusively threads about tech and none about mercs or smugglers. Maybe it mean only the weakest class getting many threads how it is not so cool like other two.

DragonRanger

Aug 28, 2015
I have to wonder, what is the general consensus for optimal Tech builds now? I'm mostly asking with regard to the level-up perks, as I have an older build that has been around for as long as I remember, and I'm considering going though with a new Tech to try out the new perks.