Is Atugia a viable companion?

EvilK

Aug 14, 2020
I'm not sure if I am alone in thinking this but I've always found Atugia to be fairly redundant as a companion, and rarely use her in favour of other choices.

I feel like her problem is that many of her abilities share their potency over health and resolve and not on one specifically. Because of this her heals and damaging abilities feel lackluster compared to other companions. Brint and Kiyoko are much better damage dealers; Cait and Etheryn are better support healers. Considering most combat encounters don't last more than a few rounds I feel like potent abilities are much more useful than wide-ranging ones.

Does anyone feel the same, or is it just because I am not using her properly?

GrievousKhan

Jul 13, 2020
I have noticed many people seem to feel she is not very strong. Mostly the complaints are about the lack of damage or impact on the field. I think the only real problem she currently suffers from is the fact she does not seem to pull much threat, that is to say, she has only one aggro pull ability. Once that is used her lack of overall DPS means enemies lose interest in attacking her pretty soon. If she had more ways to pull aggro she'd be in a better place imo, as it stands now she's the weakest in the cast without good support. You're better off with Brint, and now Arona, who can each take a lot of punishment and dis enough out that combat ends quicker making it less risky than a prolonged engagement in which Atugia is doing next to no impact outside of specific resolve focused parties.

I love the character, but she's the kind of character you have to build around when adding her as opposed to more simple/flexible characters like Kiyoko or Cait. Who themselves always bring huge value regardless of the party set up.

Last edited:

Lukistr

Mar 18, 2019
Yeah the only way I actually found her to be useful as a tank was when i replaced her Ancestor's judgement which is pretty useless for warcry. She was amazing then and she is good with Quin as Drake mentioned but that's unfortunately it for her. Damn shame since she is among my favorite characters I love to use her but most of the time it feels like shooting yourself in the leg.

Reactions: EvilK

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
All companions are viable each one fills a role to make the perfect party for your use. Atugia and Ryn are a good combo for me, Atugia tanks the dmg then Ryn and my champ dish out a fuck ton of dmg.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Totally unrelated, but did someone try to clone me, because I did not give my permission for that.

Reactions: ShySquare

QTPie

Mar 20, 2020
For real, though, I think Atugia really needs to draw more threat.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
For real, though, I think Atugia really needs to draw more threat.

Bear in mind that Atugia is not as developed as the other companions, ones who have gotten more abilities or who had their stats reworked to make them more effective in combat. And Atugia will get those reworks soon(ish).

EvilK

Aug 14, 2020
Yeah I did notice that her threat pull didn't feel strong enough to be effective in her role as a tank. Another problem as others have mentioned is that Brint and now Arona can also tank a fair bit amount of damage and are much more useful damage dealers (which is more useful to end fights quickly).
I have to admit that I have never used the Quin/Atugia combination; however this still restricts Atugia heavily while other companions are much more flexible and bring a lot more to the table.

Bear in mind that Atugia is not as developed as the other companions, ones who have gotten more abilities or who had their stats reworked to make them more effective in combat. And Atugia will get those reworks soon(ish).

If by 'clone you' you mean the username, then no it was not my intention to do so. The name I picked is a shortened version of another online name of mine and I didn't realize someone else had a name so similar at the time. Unless you are referring to something else?

Well at least Atugia will get some love soon then. I'll revisit her when that time comes but for now the other companions catch my interest more.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
That's a rude way to talk about Atugia. Sure her tits aren't as big as Cait's and-

Wait a minute.

KAZEARC

Aug 26, 2020
london
i would use her if she had some more content. think she is a super cool companion just for me kinda needs something to make me use her over brint/brie or arona as warriors in my party. she is super fucking strong if you give her vanguard tho.

Reactions: SlyCat

SlyCat

Mar 26, 2019
she is super fucking strong if you give her vanguard tho.

I've played around with it a bit, and still, I'm not entirely sure if this is the case, but it seems giving her Vanguard after activating Guarded Stance gives her an insane amount of threat. It could be seen as too slow of a set up with how fast the combat system is, but I enjoy imagining the character tag-teaming abilities off one another.

KAZEARC

Aug 26, 2020
london
I've played around with it a bit, and still, I'm not entirely sure if this is the case, but it seems giving her Vanguard after activating Guarded Stance gives her an insane amount of threat. It could be seen as too slow of a set up with how fast the combat system is, but I enjoy imagining the character tag-teaming abilities off one another.
for almost everything i play my pc is the tank for my party witch for this doesn't really work cuz the difference in health and armor is so little for the most part so i end up having people in my party for personal reasons over how strong they are. as my party is almost brienne and cait/etheryn so if/when atu gia gets some more content i will probably use her more till then. its like i could set her up with vanguard and other support spells or i can just do it to myself and get the same results. will probably use her when i play a mage or something.