Is Arona's new set missable?

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
You need to go to ghosty dungeons for big spooky scary times. teh patch hits I've done the spooky wolf dungeon and the only other one I THINK is the winter city crypt one? But I went there with just Arona in my party and it completely overrides my party choice. I don't think there's another place to go? Or is there a trigger I might not be finding? Cause I might also be dumb I can't exclude that and it's late when I was trying to get this.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
You need to go to ghosty dungeons for big spooky scary times. teh patch hits I've done the spooky wolf dungeon and the only other one I THINK is the winter city crypt one? But I went there with just Arona in my party and it completely overrides my party choice. I don't think there's another place to go? Or is there a trigger I might not be finding? Cause I might also be dumb I can't exclude that and it's late when I was trying to get this.
It's been confirmed in patch comments that Arona being in the Winter City Palace when the ghost elf quest starts is enough to fit the criteria, it should proc when you sleep at the tavern next.

They've also set it so if you've finished all three ghost encounters before the patch hit the set quest triggers anyway as a mercy rule.

Reactions: Paradox01

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
hmm... I did that and just slept. swapped to having arona as my sleeping partner just in case. So far nothing. It's a bit late for me so I'll tackle this another time if I missed something obvious i saved on an alt file post winter city spooky dungeon so I can always go back.

Though what's the third ghost encounter? I only know of 2 off the bat so if i'm forgetting one I can maybe just go do that one later on.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
WAIT I got it you need to sleep at a camp not the tavern like i was. Ok cool figured this out. Also probably need to have Arona as a snooze partner. I dunno. That's what did it for me made a camp and slept in it with her.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You don't actually need to be in camp or to have Arona as a bedmate to get it to proc. My Warrior has never once sexe her, shared a bed with her or brought her to the ghost dungeons and the event still popped in the Frost Hound. It might just take a night or two.

Anyhow, the three encounters are Fort Marrok, the Palace of Ice Catacombs (if she's in your party when you trigger it) and the Spectral Smith as part of getting Brint his Winter Knight set (unavailable if you have Brienne).

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
ah ok. so what was confusing me is that it just wasn't happening there wasn't anything getting in the way of it eventwise though sometimes I'd have dreams take precedence or Brienne but after like 4 days of just waking up and starting the day fresh (after like 3-4 days where people talked to me in the morning about this or that) then finally I got the event lol. The way it was setup it sounded like it was going to be like a guaranteed thing if you did this but it seems to have some rng to it. More than I thought anyways.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
the Palace of Ice Catacombs (if she's in your party when you trigger it)

About that...
I had her in my party before starting the Catacombs quest (as in switched Azzy out for her before starting it) and it's been like two in-game weeks since then and no spooky dreams for her - I had already done the Fort Marrok way before and got Brint's knight set before knowing of Arona's ghostly woes, so guess I'm locked out unless I restart.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
I had her in my party before starting the Catacombs quest (as in switched Azzy out for her before starting it) and it's been like two in-game weeks since then and no spooky dreams for her - I had already done the Fort Marrok way before and got Brint's knight set before knowing of Arona's ghostly woes, so guess I'm locked out unless I restart.
Try something for me:
if you have a bed mate, any bed mate at all, remove them, then sleep.

Fullgames

Nov 10, 2016
I loaded an Older save and just entering Winter City for the first time was enough to proc it, in this save I hadn't recruited Arona yet and had Brienne sleeping with me and I got the quest when I went to sleep at the Frost hound.

GraphiteCrow

Apr 6, 2020
Considering my Thief has done everything ghost-related before this new set arrived does this mean that I cannot get the set unless the game comes out with new ghost-related events?

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
Considering my Thief has done everything ghost-related before this new set arrived does this mean that I cannot get the set unless the game comes out with new ghost-related events?
Saves that existed before the patch are automatically assumed to have done something ghost related with her as insurance.

Reactions: GraphiteCrow