Inventory not recognizing empty spaces with Bento Box

Shadow5

May 7, 2018
I've noticed that each time I leave Kiyoko at her home and she presents me with her Bento Box, the game does not recognize the last four inventory spaces with them grayed out. As such, I have to drop enough items from my inventory before I can pick it up.

I have 20 spaces in the inventory, so in this bug, it only seems to recognize the first 16 spaces. I've only ever seen this happen with the Bento Box scene.

Shadow5

May 7, 2018
That's cause your 'inventory' is actually your party inventory and as such, with less than 3 members in the party, the slot count goes down.

If i recall correctly it's like 12, 4 and 4 slots.

Okay… that jives with me still having Cait in the group still after asking Kiyoko to leave. However, I'd expect to then have to drop the extra four items instead of still being able to carry them without the third member. Not that that's a great solution at all as it'd suck to suddenly have to drop them, but there doesn't seem to be anything that delineates between character inventory, and each party members contribution. Maybe a separator between each group of slots, with the character's name displayed.

Also, is there somewhere where there's an instruction manual/guide with UI explanations? I've been playing for quite a while, and yet there's UI elements that I'm still not 100% sure what they do. Something that has screenshots and explains what each element on the screen does?

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
However, I'd expect to then have to drop the extra four items instead of still being able to carry them without the third member.
We considered a few different approaches around this but there's too many edge cases. Making you drop soon as you lose the party member would also suck because if you had a full inv and just wanted to swap X for Y at the Frost Hound you'd have to drop 4 of your items.

Reactions: Shadow5

Shadow5

May 7, 2018
We considered a few different approaches around this but there's too many edge cases. Making you drop soon as you lose the party member would also suck because if you had a full inv and just wanted to swap X for Y at the Frost Hound you'd have to drop 4 of your items.

Exactly. Hence why I wouldn't want to suddenly have to drop anything then.

Regarding my other suggestion about displaying the individual inventory slots per party member, maybe something like the quick mockup I threw together would give a better visualization as a reminder about how inventory slots are? Just an idea to help in situations like this.

Attachments

• MockupIdea.png
    MockupIdea.png
    992.9 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Malidica

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Exactly. Hence why I wouldn't want to suddenly have to drop anything then.

Regarding my other suggestion about displaying the individual inventory slots per party member, maybe something like the quick mockup I threw together would give a better visualization as a reminder about how inventory slots are? Just an idea to help in situations like this.
I get the idea, but then people will think that those slots are Cait's or Etheryn's item slots. Maybe there is a graphical solution that we'll add someday. For now this is super low priority so not going to be changed any time soon.