Interplanetary Cryogenic Teleportation? (Cold Bug)

AboutAverage2

May 5, 2022
Recently came from Zheng Shi's spacewalk scene and decided to leave to go to Mhenga to see my kid with Quinn. Shortly after leaving, I succumbed to Uveto's "Icey cold winds" and was saved by Luna and taken back to Uveto's bar. I tried to go back to my ship only to find its still on Mhenga and not in the Uveto hanger.

I know how to cheat so it wasn't too much of a problem but still weird.

Walk around and it should happen.

Attachments

• Morrigan (H) - 23Hrs 19Mins, 273 Days - Mhen’ga, Ara Ara.json
    822.6 KB · Views: 1

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
Somehow you were in a place where you should have had icey winds and then left it in a weird way. Did you cheat? The effect is only removed in very specific ways.

AboutAverage2

May 5, 2022
Nope, I walked from the zhengshi spacewalk square back to the spaceship and flew back to the jungle planet. While on the ship, I realized that I had the effect and thought it would go away after going somewhere warmer and taking off the spacesuit in a safe place.

Maybe I walked in space one too many times or something.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Nope, I walked from the zhengshi spacewalk square back to the spaceship and flew back to the jungle planet.
When were you last on Uveto, and how did you leave?
While on the ship, I realized that I had the effect and thought it would go away after going somewhere warmer and taking off the spacesuit in a safe place.
Realistically, you'd be right, but since 'Bitterly Cold' isn't supposed to exist outside Uveto, it's specifically removed on/around the Space Elevator.

AboutAverage2

May 5, 2022
I went to uveto a few days before going to zhengshi via the ship.

I went to uveto to give birth to some milodan/ korgoone babies thinking there would be some special text (there wasn't) and immediately being sent back to the ship instead to give birth there. I was out and about in the tundra while that happened, maybe that was it.

Even though I could've sworn I didn't have that effect through out all of my zhengshi experience, and I was there for a long while.

Hargan

Mar 16, 2022
I experienced a similar bug. I randomly noticed the uveto status effect was still on my character despite leaving the planet. I think I might have gone through a pregnancy event or something that took me back to my ship without going through the space elevator and then I left the planet normally, but I can't recall. Returning to the planet and then leaving again properly removed the effect. If it was a pregnancy, it would've been a milodan one.

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Instead of continousely chasing down all the ways characters get off Uveto I have added code to the bitterly cold logic itself to remove it if the player is not on Uveto. So this should deal with all ways a character can get off the planet, even via cheats.

Reactions: AboutAverage2