Interplanetary Bounty Board

Sloane

Jun 1, 2019
I could use the writing practice, so count me in. Furthermore, Gastigoth needs more dudes, doesn’t it? :allears:

Reactions: Skom

Kingly K Duel

Jun 2, 2019
Sorry for the inactivity. Working in real life ie taking some time out of editing.

Last edited:

Sloane

Jun 1, 2019
I didn’t get a lot filled out before my health problems kicked me in the ass, but here’s a rough outline of potential bounty plus the barest bones for a second.

If saeri doesn’t work, she really can just be a human with a fairy fetish, but I like the whole deviant angle so much. I’m not really sure about detailing combat encounters so any advice is appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-TgbBRm_C47wC34P9qbmGfh3cdniw4iBrpcpI2sj2IA

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I didn’t get a lot filled out before my health problems kicked me in the ass, but here’s a rough outline of potential bounty plus the barest bones for a second.

If saeri doesn’t work, she really can just be a human with a fairy fetish, but I like the whole deviant angle so much. I’m not really sure about detailing combat encounters so any advice is appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-TgbBRm_C47wC34P9qbmGfh3cdniw4iBrpcpI2sj2IA
Ooooh! I'm liking what I'm seeing!

If it's alright with you, I may write some dialogue from Merrick when accepting, turning in, and failing the bounties. I also may write stuff for when you encounter them if you have not done so already.

One more thing. If I may make a suggestion, why not make it so that old outlaw posted his own bounty? Just a reward, a planet, and the words "come and get me". Some real Red Dead Redemption shit!

Reactions: Sloane

Sloane

Jun 1, 2019
Ooooh! I'm liking what I'm seeing!

If it's alright with you, I may write some dialogue from Merrick when accepting, turning in, and failing the bounties. I also may write stuff for when you encounter them if you have not done so already.

One more thing. If I may make a suggestion, why not make it so that old outlaw posted his own bounty? Just a reward, a planet, and the words "come and get me". Some real Red Dead Redemption shit!

That’s fine, I’m just writing up encounters, but I do love that idea with the old man. Got a bunch a money saved for a retirement he’s not gonna see, so fuck it, blaze of glory.

Though have you given much more thought to the bounty board being something you access from your ship, with collection happening on site? A bag ‘em and tag ‘em for the authorities to pick up seems a lot easier and safer for all parties involved. Merrick could still comment on stuff (bounties selected, then turned in) via email instead of having to keep returning to the office personally.

Kingly K Duel

Jun 2, 2019
Email messages do sound good. But as for the shark bounty, I don't know what to write. I kinda got a roadblock here...

Either way, You're doing great Sloane, keep it up.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Though have you given much more thought to the bounty board being something you access from your ship, with collection happening on site? A bag ‘em and tag ‘em for the authorities to pick up seems a lot easier and safer for all parties involved. Merrick could still comment on stuff (bounties selected, then turned in) via email instead of having to keep returning to the office personally.
Idk. On one hand, that would be convenient. On the other hand, I want it to be more personal, what with the commentary from Merrick.....

I'll have to think on this.

Reactions: Sloane

Skom

Oct 10, 2017
Idk. On one hand, that would be convenient. On the other hand, I want it to be more personal, what with the commentary from Merrick.....

I'll have to think on this.

Transporting dangerous criminals and lethal life forms in your own ship would be just insane.

My suggestion is: Leave the picking-up to the local authorities. Go to Merrick for rewards. This way, we can have a standard (reusable) scene where you put in a call to the local authorities and wait for them to arrive and collect the prisoner. And we could have Merrick comment on special bounties when you go get your reward, or by mail. Or in some cases he could mail asking you to go talk with him directly about something special.

Skom

Oct 10, 2017
Hm..... I'm liking the concept.... but if you dont mind a bit of criticism, imo, her biting off a guys dong is a bit too grim

I'll have to kind of disagree here, because that is exactly the kind of thing that might land you in Gastigoth. If someone is writing a character with the intent of sending them there, that character needs to have done some pretty f***** up stuff and on a large scale.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Yeah, but look at the type of criminal that gets sent to Gastigoth.
- Tarkus pirates: willing to destroy a planet to steal some rare ore.
- Sam: Black Void hacker who has committed several hundred acts of identity theft.
- LK Lah: Douche. And radical who helped militarise a clan of local aliens to commit raids on a nearby colony. But mainly douche.

There's crazy and then there's mutilating someone one. And the latter kinda feels out of place for TiTS.

Skom

Oct 10, 2017

I *really* like this Saeri (and yes, I think it works very well). The whole deviant angle, when taken to this level of extreme, can easily land her in Gastigoth, especially if she burned a very important historical site for her people. I was gonna say so in the document, but comments are disabled (which is fine, if this is how you like to keep things). I suggest placing her in Zheng Shi, so she can be a really high level enemy and also because we don't have any encounters for Zheng Shi yet.

As for the combat, I suggest making a list of her attacks/abilities and describing what each of them does. This is just to give the devs a guideline, so it can be a very short description. If you can use mechanics that already exist, that's even better. For example, the smoke grenade could cause the 'blinded' status effect with a success chance based on the player character's reflex.

You will also have to write the in-game description of her attacks, but this can be something really short, like "The Saeri draws a thin capsule from her belt and hurls it in your direction. As soon it hits the floor, thick smoke quickly spreads from it, {blocking your vision // but you manage to sidestep in time}." Some abilities might also include a line or two of dialogue, especially if she likes to taunt.

I recommend giving her a way to avoid being too vulnerable to lust attacks, since that makes the fight very easy. Maybe she injects herself with chemicals to "calm down" once her lust goes above a certain number? Also, it helps if you include a list of her likes and dislikes for tease.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Yeah, but look at the type of criminal that gets sent to Gastigoth.
- Tarkus pirates: willing to destroy a planet to steal some rare ore.
- Sam: Black Void hacker who has committed several hundred acts of identity theft.
- LK Lah: Douche. And radical who helped militarise a clan of local aliens to commit raids on a nearby colony. But mainly douche.

There's crazy and then there's mutilating someone one. And the latter kinda feels out of place for TiTS.
Precisely my point. It's why I'm not allowing there to be an option to kill the bounties in my project.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Transporting dangerous criminals and lethal life forms in your own ship would be just insane.

My suggestion is: Leave the picking-up to the local authorities. Go to Merrick for rewards. This way, we can have a standard (reusable) scene where you put in a call to the local authorities and wait for them to arrive and collect the prisoner. And we could have Merrick comment on special bounties when you go get your reward, or by mail. Or in some cases he could mail asking you to go talk with him directly about something special.
Maybe we could have him install some kinda containment cell on the ship?

I really wanna make it so that Merrick can have as much dialogue as possible.

I'm gonna have to think on this.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Plus, I mean, you literally get a varmint as a pet by forgetting to hand it in. So I think in this scenario it's not really too much to ask for some suspension of disbelief.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I have to admit, this is a good idea. A bounty system is always something I felt has been lacking.

Although with those bounties that could potentially become prisoners at Gastigoth, I feel this would be more for higher bounties rather than lower ones. Those bounties with a lower bounty would likely be people charged with petty thievery, avoiding jury duty, being a public nuisance, etc and after capturing them they would more likely be made to pay a fine or spend time I some local prison (like the Zil brothers in Mhen'ga). Those who you would capture and would go to Gastigoth would be mass murderers, terrorists, Repeat offenders of major crimes, etc.

And this is just for people performing crimes. There will likely be some interesting bounties for finding a missing person, whether they were kidnapped or are lost in the Frozen wasteland of Uveto, along with clients potentially getting involved with the search. And there is also the potential of rogue animal bounties, like some beast in Mhen'ga terrorising the settlement and you take the bounty to deal with it or you called to capture some Varmint that somehow arrived on another planet mysteriously ( and not from it getting on a ship and escaping it after a certain character brought it on) and is causing problems for the ecosystem.

Also, are the bounties officially sanctioned ones given the go ahead by UCG officials or are they independently given by various clients, as I can see more exploitation being done by the later by groups like the Black Void and companies like Xenogen, with them posting bounties on competitors or targets they are annoyed with......admittedly powerful companies could do the same by posting bounties with Trumped up charges through the UCG.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I have to admit, this is a good idea. A bounty system is always something I felt has been lacking.

Although with those bounties that could potentially become prisoners at Gastigoth, I feel this would be more for higher bounties rather than lower ones. Those bounties with a lower bounty would likely be people charged with petty thievery, avoiding jury duty, being a public nuisance, etc and after capturing them they would more likely be made to pay a fine or spend time I some local prison (like the Zil brothers in Mhen'ga). Those who you would capture and would go to Gastigoth would be mass murderers, terrorists, Repeat offenders of major crimes, etc.

And this is just for people performing crimes. There will likely be some interesting bounties for finding a missing person, whether they were kidnapped or are lost in the Frozen wasteland of Uveto, along with clients potentially getting involved with the search. And there is also the potential of rogue animal bounties, like some beast in Mhen'ga terrorising the settlement and you take the bounty to deal with it or you called to capture some Varmint that somehow arrived on another planet mysteriously ( and not from it getting on a ship and escaping it after a certain character brought it on) and is causing problems for the ecosystem.

Also, are the bounties officially sanctioned ones given the go ahead by UCG officials or are they independently given by various clients, as I can see more exploitation being done by the later by groups like the Black Void and companies like Xenogen, with them posting bounties on competitors or targets they are annoyed with......admittedly powerful companies could do the same by posting bounties with Trumped up charges through the UCG.
Huh. I never thought of some of the smaller stuff like hunting petty thieves or missing people. I was too focused on the big stuff. I'll have to copy that onto the doc as a reminder.

As for that last bit, it's not stated, but Merrick and his most trusted merc buddies have final say on whether or not a bounty goes through. They keep in the loop on stuff and whenever they see something that looks fishy, they put it on the back burner and investigate before giving it the green light. Though maybe one slipped through the cracks....

Thanks for all the ideas! I'll give you credit for them if you so desire.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I was just thinking of potential ideas that could help expand the bounty board mechanic, like minor crimes and rescues, that haven't really been discussed earlier. Glad I could help.